Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6623 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Rogue New Control

Jeddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jeddd

So, now that rogue has full control over her power, can she absorb the powers of other people without harming them/ making them fall unconscious?

Jeddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jeddd

Also can she keep the powers for longer than she could previously? Cause in Second Coming she kept wolverine, psylocke, colossus and angels powers for a pretty long time. And could she give them back/ up whenever she wants? Cause I think she did that with the Cuckoos. Just trying to clarify what exactly she can do.

sandman813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sandman813
    @Jeddd said:
    "Also can she keep the powers for longer than she could previously? Cause in Second Coming she kept wolverine, psylocke, colossus and angels powers for a pretty long time. And could she give them back/ up whenever she wants? Cause I think she did that with the Cuckoos. Just trying to clarify what exactly she can do. "

I think so yes I'm with you on this one.
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By A-Strondinaire

She can't give power back but i'm sure there is a psychic explanation for why giving she gave the cuckoo back

Jk-Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jk-Prodigy
    @Jeddd: What issue did this happen in.
    Jeddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeddd
    @Jk-Prodigy: I have no idea, everything I know about comics I know from this site and wikipedia.
    Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkmount1

The reason she's so in control now is because Professor X helped her remove the cause for her power error in the first place-a mental block she accidentally developed after the Cody incident.
    Jeddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jeddd
    @Darkmount1: I know that. I'm just curious about how much control she now has.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think she can control, how much of their power she takes. The more power she takes, the longer she could keep them, and the worse the effect on the character she takes powers from? I think? Its a bit fuzzy. Rogue taking 'X-Force's' powers seemed relatively weak. Why did she have bone claws when she should have been able to make them metal via Colossus powers. Her healing factor seemed toned down as well. She may have just been underwritten though, plus Bastion needed to win there for the plot.  

In one issue, Carey even had a timer in the corner of the page lol, which made tracking how long she could keep powers really handy. That was the Cuckoo issue, and that was interesting because she had them for a long time, and just opted to give them back.  

I am curious to basically.

Jeddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jeddd
    @SC: Yeah okay that kinda makes sense. Thanks. And I was also curious about that bone claw thing, maybe they just wanted to emphasize the individual powers? Ooh thats cool, how long did the timer start at? And did she give them back before the timer ended?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Jeddd said:
    " @SC: Yeah okay that kinda makes sense. Thanks. And I was also curious about that bone claw thing, maybe they just wanted to emphasize the individual powers? Ooh thats cool, how long did the timer start at? And did she give them back before the timer ended? "

Yeah I think so, with the bone claws. I prefer when she combines her powers like she did in Uncanny with the students, and X-Treme.  

I will see if I can find a scan, but she absorbed powers around 9 am in the morning? Then gave them back around 5 pm or 6 pm in the evening? (Was 1700 or 1800 hours) She gave them back, oh, and it wasn't a timer, it was just the time. It was that issue where we got to see what she did for the day. Speak to Surge, speak to Magneto, speak to Gambit speak to Rockslide and all that. Each segment they showed what the time was. 
    StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By StormyWeather

from what i understand she does have full control over her power...with that bein said, shes pretty much unstoppable if u ask me

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

It appears so, and I am glad they finally gave her this control. I think her being able to absorb only a portion of the Cuckoo's powers and not KOing them shows that her control is pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.