Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

recast Rogue in the x-men films.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By LoganRogue24

first off i did like Anna Paquin as Rogue. but i think shes to busy with her true blood show to play Rogue again i have some of my pics tell me what you think Erica Durance from smallville she played Lois Lane. Laura Vandervoort from smallville she played Kara Supergirl in season 7. Kate Beckensale she plays Seline in underworld films. Mickie James shes a WWENA wrestler. Kylee Strutt shes an adult actress. Eve Torres shes a WWE Diva. tell me what you guys think of my pics to take over for Anna Paquin as Rogue.

Rich

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LoganRogue24

Mickie James i meant to put WWE/TNA wrestler.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @LoganRogue24
    Can she act?
    MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I really liked Anna Paquin's performance, but I do wish that the film series will reboot the character in future X-Men films. The Rogue in the film adaptations is a likable and a relatable character portrayed by a talented actress, but she was very different to the Rogue from the comics. Even though I liked the film character, the Rogue fangirl in me is still looking forward to seeing her written and portrayed as the sensual, hot-tempered young woman with a troublesome past she is in the comics in a live-action movie or TV-series.

Funnily enough, I think the character Anna Paquin plays in True Blood (Sookie Stackhouse) is much more like the Rogue from the comics than the character she played in the X-Men movies. Much like Rogue, Sookie Stackhouse is a sassy, classy, hot-blooded Southern Belle who is forced to maintain her distance to other people because of her powers. Having seen her in True Blood, I am convinced that Anna Paquin would make an excellent Rogue if the movie character was rebooted now to resemble her comic counterpart more. Still, rebooting without recasting would be extremely confusing to the audience, so I guess recasting is the only way to go from here.

Kat Dennings is currently my ideal Rogue. I think she looks the part, and she's a great character actress who'd know how to put the classy yet flirtatious vibe to the role.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LoganRogue24

crowbar who were you asking about who can act.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KDarkholme

I do like Anna her accent is dead on but I can't think of another person to play her. Maybe Jennifer Lawrence in my opinion.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LoganRogue24

i did like jennifer as young mystique i hope she is more kickass in the next film if they make more. dose mystique age slow like Wolverine i think that is what Beast says in first class.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @LoganRogue24 said:

crowbar who were you asking about who can act.

Sorry thought I quoted your post.

Micki James
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LoganRogue24

crowbar shes kind of an actress in a sense on wwe and tna wrestling. so in a sense shes an actress in someway.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By luckydomino1

yeah i want her recasted not because she is busy with that trueblood thing just because i dont think shes good for the role

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @MyraMyraMyra said:

I really liked Anna Paquin's performance, but I do wish that the film series will reboot the character in future X-Men films. The Rogue in the film adaptations is a likable and a relatable character portrayed by a talented actress, but she was very different to the Rogue from the comics. Even though I liked the film character, the Rogue fangirl in me is still looking forward to seeing her written and portrayed as the sensual, hot-tempered young woman with a troublesome past she is in the comics in a live-action movie or TV-series.

Funnily enough, I think the character Anna Paquin plays in True Blood (Sookie Stackhouse) is much more like the Rogue from the comics than the character she played in the X-Men movies. Much like Rogue, Sookie Stackhouse is a sassy, classy, hot-blooded Southern Belle who is forced to maintain her distance to other people because of her powers. Having seen her in True Blood, I am convinced that Anna Paquin would make an excellent Rogue if the movie character was rebooted now to resemble her comic counterpart more. Still, rebooting without recasting would be extremely confusing to the audience, so I guess recasting is the only way to go from here.

Kat Dennings is currently my ideal Rogue. I think she looks the part, and she's a great character actress who'd know how to put the classy yet flirtatious vibe to the role.

@lykopis said:

mmm - I would still stick with Anna Paquin who expressed interest in continuing her role as Rogue - but that was some time ago, so who knows. As for your suggestions - they sound fine. It's more about can they play the part, than look it? If they go with the same personality Rogue had in the last film, then I am OUT. I won't put my brain/eyes/psyche through that again.

By the way - the original script of X-Men 1 called for a twenty something Rogue who Wolverine meets up in a train. Would have been much better in my opinion. :)

I agree with above. Loved Anna's interviews about the role, where she expressed a tad bit of disappointment that Rogue didn't get more fun, sassy actiony bits like the comic. Def agree about True Blood and Sookie. Its so strange that that happened. I mean, that her character there is more like Rogue in comics than the character in X-Men movie.  

If not her... then.. *red* I think Olivia Wilde. Smart, tough, sassy, brunette, and great actress. Fits I think... I like Erica Durance as well, but my slight, slight dislike of Superman, and my inability to sort of draw the conclusion that if Rogue was Erica Durance, in some weird odd way one of my favorite characters (Rogue) would sort of be with one of my least favorite (Superman) just... yeah. No. lol Of course I am weird like that so..... 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't think Rogue turned out to be the part that she'd hoped for. I remember interviews at the time of the first X-Men movie where she was quoted as saying that she was ready to be sexy. Except the movies treated Rogue like a dumb little kid, not as a sultry Southern Belle. I don't really care for casting famous actors in roles, since the previously unknown Hugh Jackman knocked everyone's socks off when he stepped into the role of Wolverine. So I wouldn't mind an unknown girl stepping up to be Rogue.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LoganRogue24

kitty you bring up a great point. i like Anna as Rogue the reason i made this topic was a what if she can"t return as Rogue who would take over for her.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

Yeah, I get that :) I think she's a good actress, but not great. And in a way the role of Rogue was written around her being a short & cutesy girl. So she was definitely (in my mind) the wrong pick for Rogue. So bring on a beautiful curvy girl with a fuller figure and long legs that stretch on for miles... the kind of girl that would drive Gambit crazy in love (not crazy to get away from her prepubescent moaning ;)

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LoganRogue24

iam glad they did not do the Gambit Rogue thing in the films cause it would be to predictale i wanted something new and fresh ik iam gonna get alot of wth coments when i say this but i think in the films at least Wolverine and Rogue would have worked better sinse x-1 Hugh Jackman and Anna Paquin have great chemistry as actors. just my opion of course.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LoganRogue24

lkopis i agree i think in the films Wolverine Rogue felt more real then Logan Jean or Bobby Rogue. i mean why dose Logan love Jean cause shes hot i mean he barely knows her really. Bobby and Rogue was childish puppy love in my opion. i mean thumb war really thats real love there please. i think if you watch x-1 and 2 you can clarly see if you look for it that Rogue is dateing Bobby but shes in love with Logan the one scene were Logan comes home watch Rogues eyes and body language when she sees Logan again.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

@LoganRogue24: I agree. In my opinion, Hugh Jackman and Famke Janssen had no chemistry whatsover in the movie, which is why I just didn't feel the Wolverine/Jean romance as far as the movies are concerned. Bobby/Rogue was slightly better, but dull as hell because he wasn't particularly interesting in the movies. Hugh Jackman and Anna Paquin, on the other hand, had great on-screen chemistry. For me, it was so much easier to buy that their characters were genuinely bonding than it was for me to buy that Wolverine was falling for Jean Grey (who came off as a calculating tease in the movies). But Rogue being a teenager naturally ruled out any chance of anything romantic happening between her and Wolverine.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LoganRogue24

i think if they made Rogue a little older or if Anna was a little older at the time i think a wolverine rogue pairing would have worked nicely. i agree the Bobby Rogue thing was dull to me it seemed like Bobby just wanted in Rogues pants pardon the french. i agree jean was a tease in the films. i feel the only reason they did logan jean and rogue bobby was cause it was canon in the comics. i felt hugh and anna had better chemistry then hugh and famke and anna and shawn..

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WARLOCK2792

THE DAMAGE WAS TOO GREAT/PERMANENT. She don't need a recast. She needs a reBOOT

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty

"She don't need a recast. She needs a reBOOT", I think that about the whole franchise :(

someone042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By someone042

@xerox_kitty said:

"She don't need a recast. She needs a reBOOT", I think that about the whole franchise :(

this

stryken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stryken

If for nothing more than casting for her green eyes on her album cover...

No Caption Provided
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LoganRogue24

alyssa is 17 18 same age Anna was when she played Rogue in x-1.

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mayo88m

I think Anna Paquin was a horrible Rogue, and I don't particularly care for her as an actor. This isn't mean to be a trolling statement, but I know that people will inevitably take offense to my views on her. She's just not very attractive to me for one, and she failed to bring Rogue's famous accent to the big screen (Much like Taylor Kitsch did Gambit.) I don't know who could play her, I haven't given it much thought, but sure there are better actors than her.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By moywar700

too bad rouge won't make an appearance on x-men first class squeal because she wasn't even born yet

redleigh86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By redleigh86

Yeah, Anna was ok (those other choices of the OPs though... ew. Minus Kate Beckinsale of course who is flawless, but not as Rogue). I think had she had better material she would have been a better Rogue, definitely. I wouldn't mind her returning the role if she were offered it, but I think she's pretty busy now with True Blood.

My first choice for the role, in her place, would be Kiele Sanchez. After "A Perfect Getaway" and "30 Days of Night: Dark Days", I think she could be both the distant and withdrawn Rogue and the flirty and funny Rogue. Also, she could easily play a character in her mid-20s up to late-30s and not look out of place (this just requires proper hair and makeup and styling). After her, I like Gemma Arterton, if she can do the accent. She definitely has the look, plus the skill to play Rogue. Rachel Nichols, Lyndsey Fonseca, Abbie Cornish, Rachelle Lefevre, and Alexandra Daddario could work too imo.

Kiele Sanchez:

No Caption Provided
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana Agron

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Kairan1979

I agree that they should recast Rogue.

The movies turned her into the angsty and withdrawn teenager. X-Men cartoon with all its flaws was more loyal to her character.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Actress Jane Levy should play her

rogue1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue is Alexandra Daddario.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.