Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6623 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

If Rogue appeared in X-men Days Of Future Past

cameronstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cameronstear

If Rogue Appeared in X-men Days Of Future Past should Anna Paquin play her a 4th time

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By LoganRogue24

yes she should.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crimsonlord53

No I would prefer someone new.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

Sure, I'd like that, if she was to portray her as a tough, sassy, all grown up Rogue. After seeing her sass it up in True Blood as Sookie Stackhouse (whose personality is quite similar to Rogue from the comics), I'm kind of sad that the movie Rogue was a shy and reclusive teen since Anna Paquin could totally pull off the hot and awesome Rogue from the comics. Maybe this is her chance to do that.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LoganRogue24

@MyraMyraMyra: i agree.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lykopis

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Sure, I'd like that, if she was to portray her as a tough, sassy, all grown up Rogue. After seeing her sass it up in True Blood as Sookie Stackhouse (whose personality is quite similar to Rogue from the comics), I'm kind of sad that the movie Rogue was a shy and reclusive teen since Anna Paquin could totally pull off the hot and awesome Rogue from the comics. Maybe this is her chance to do that.

This would be great --- but as much as I love Rogue (she is my favourite character), she doesn't belong in the movie -- it should be Kitty. I didn't mind Ellen Page and have no idea what she is up to now-a-days, but that's the team-up I would like to see since when I think about Logan and the young girls he took under his wing, it's Kitty, not Rogue like the X-Films portrayed. Something like Days of Future Past should be more in line with the comics. Well, preferably in my eyes, anyway.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LoganRogue24

i would love if Rogue and Kitty were in it.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By boob

I would love it if it was Rachel.

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aerokinesis

I need rogue to be Ms. Marvel powered...

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Thunderscream

@cameronstear: @Crimsonlord53: @lykopis: I don't know if they'd go that route but I can see it working. The mutant cure was only temporary, Magneto reconstructed his army and the Sentinel program was launched in retaliation, capturing mutants and setting up internment camps.

The only problem is...if the First Class prequels are leading directly into 1, 2 & 3...we have no Cyclops to plant a seed in Jean to make Rachel to send Kitty (or Rogue or whoever) back in time. Well, there's more than one problem...Kitty wouldn't've been born yet so she couldn't have her future psyche implanted in her past body anyway...unless they decided to put her in a different body....but that'd be too convoluted I think.

Hear me out: In the future timeline, we have Storm, Colossus, Kitty, Iceman, Nightcrawler....and Illyana imprisoned. After hearing the dying words of an elderly psychic woman named Irene (or maybe even Emma Frost) about a man named Essex who tampered with mutant DNA to create the Phoenix which ultimately lead to their future, the future X-Men devise an escape plan involving Illyana's newly developed time-travel portals. Obviously, things don't go according to plan. Storm is killed creating a diversion and Illyana is captured while the others make it through.

The quartet of mutants emerge in the 70s (I'm reading up on my history of New York in the 70s, they don't exactly have to arrive at a pivotal moment in history, but the historical references need to be poignant and accurate...aside from, y'know, the existence of mutants)

SOOOO Fist class left us with a wheelchair bound Xavier with a full head of hair, blue, furry Beast, Havok and Banshee....who were honestly kinda "meh" characters for me in the movie. I think if they went with a Mr. Sinister storyline, Havok would actually be pretty important (and also in this continuity's concept of time, is it more likely that he's Cyclops's father rather than his brother?) Anywho, the future X-Men seek out Xavier and his X-Men, encountering young new recruits, Storm and Douglas Ramsey (shhhhhh, I think he'd work well here)

Once Xavier accepts their proposition to find Essex, they first seek out a legendary mutant that evaded all attempts of capture by the Sentinels, Wolverine (of course) SO the lineup is Wolverine, Havok, young Storm, future Colossus, Kitty, Iceman and Nightcrawler and Beast and Cypher (the latter two of whom just fly the plane or coordinate communications, have intellectual banter and act awkward around girls (also, I'd kinda like Cypher to represent a different ethnicity, maybe latino and his last name could change to Ramirez. What?)) With such a large cast, I kinda want Banshee to go bye-bye AND I think there has to be a cameo of Dazzler, maybe even just a poster promoting her concert or a news report outing her as a mutant or something)

Back to the skeleton plot I'm randomly assembling: Back to the Future ;) The heads of the internment camps bring Illyana to the cells where they hold the most dangerous mutants...because it makes sense to keep all the most dangerous mutants in one place, together ;). We see some cameos here, Franklin Richards, Scarlet Witch, Proteus, Mister X (it doesn't really matter who)....and then there's Xavier & Magneto, who'll be super old. And here's the deal, the main guy, Bastion, doesn't like having to report missing mutants to the higher ups, so he introduces Nimrod and forces Xavier to telepathically force Illyana to teleport Nimrod to exact time and place she did her teammates so they can be bagged, tagged and brought back to the future (I love typing "Back to the future" teehee) But since the portal is forced and Illyana is so inexperienced (and since Xavier is a bad mama-jama), things spin out of control, releasing several mutants, Mags and the Prof included who snag Illyana and jump in the portal after Nimrod. By the time they stumble out of the portal in the past, Nimrod is gone and, yet again, Illyana doesn't make it through with them (It'd probably be too much for a non-comic fan audience to digest, but I'd like to later explore Belasco abducting her mid-transport....and then dive into Inferno in the 3rd installment in the 80s with Sinister's clone of a prepubescent Jean, rapidly aged to adulthood, Madelyn Pryor....if that's too much of a stretch, she just doesn't make it because she's never teleported to the past before)

....hmmm just realized I didn't include Rogue. whenever I said Kitty, insert Rogue if she's who you prefer (if we even have to choose)

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By boob
    Only if she has Lenore Zann's voice.
    Only if she has Lenore Zann's voice.
    And looks kinda like a young Dolly Parton. 
    And looks kinda like a young Dolly Parton. 
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lykopis

@Thunderscream said:

@cameronstear: @Crimsonlord53: @lykopis: I don't know if they'd go that route but I can see it working. The mutant cure was only temporary, Magneto reconstructed his army and the Sentinel program was launched in retaliation, capturing mutants and setting up internment camps.

The only problem is...if the First Class prequels are leading directly into 1, 2 & 3...we have no Cyclops to plant a seed in Jean to make Rachel to send Kitty (or Rogue or whoever) back in time. Well, there's more than one problem...Kitty wouldn't've been born yet so she couldn't have her future psyche implanted in her past body anyway...unless they decided to put her in a different body....but that'd be too convoluted I think.

Hear me out: In the future timeline, we have Storm, Colossus, Kitty, Iceman, Nightcrawler....and Illyana imprisoned. After hearing the dying words of an elderly psychic woman named Irene (or maybe even Emma Frost) about a man named Essex who tampered with mutant DNA to create the Phoenix which ultimately lead to their future, the future X-Men devise an escape plan involving Illyana's newly developed time-travel portals. Obviously, things don't go according to plan. Storm is killed creating a diversion and Illyana is captured while the others make it through.

The quartet of mutants emerge in the 70s (I'm reading up on my history of New York in the 70s, they don't exactly have to arrive at a pivotal moment in history, but the historical references need to be poignant and accurate...aside from, y'know, the existence of mutants)

SOOOO Fist class left us with a wheelchair bound Xavier with a full head of hair, blue, furry Beast, Havok and Banshee....who were honestly kinda "meh" characters for me in the movie. I think if they went with a Mr. Sinister storyline, Havok would actually be pretty important (and also in this continuity's concept of time, is it more likely that he's Cyclops's father rather than his brother?) Anywho, the future X-Men seek out Xavier and his X-Men, encountering young new recruits, Storm and Douglas Ramsey (shhhhhh, I think he'd work well here)

Once Xavier accepts their proposition to find Essex, they first seek out a legendary mutant that evaded all attempts of capture by the Sentinels, Wolverine (of course) SO the lineup is Wolverine, Havok, young Storm, future Colossus, Kitty, Iceman and Nightcrawler and Beast and Cypher (the latter two of whom just fly the plane or coordinate communications, have intellectual banter and act awkward around girls (also, I'd kinda like Cypher to represent a different ethnicity, maybe latino and his last name could change to Ramirez. What?)) With such a large cast, I kinda want Banshee to go bye-bye AND I think there has to be a cameo of Dazzler, maybe even just a poster promoting her concert or a news report outing her as a mutant or something)

Back to the skeleton plot I'm randomly assembling: Back to the Future ;) The heads of the internment camps bring Illyana to the cells where they hold the most dangerous mutants...because it makes sense to keep all the most dangerous mutants in one place, together ;). We see some cameos here, Franklin Richards, Scarlet Witch, Proteus, Mister X (it doesn't really matter who)....and then there's Xavier & Magneto, who'll be super old. And here's the deal, the main guy, Bastion, doesn't like having to report missing mutants to the higher ups, so he introduces Nimrod and forces Xavier to telepathically force Illyana to teleport Nimrod to exact time and place she did her teammates so they can be bagged, tagged and brought back to the future (I love typing "Back to the future" teehee) But since the portal is forced and Illyana is so inexperienced (and since Xavier is a bad mama-jama), things spin out of control, releasing several mutants, Mags and the Prof included who snag Illyana and jump in the portal after Nimrod. By the time they stumble out of the portal in the past, Nimrod is gone and, yet again, Illyana doesn't make it through with them (It'd probably be too much for a non-comic fan audience to digest, but I'd like to later explore Belasco abducting her mid-transport....and then dive into Inferno in the 3rd installment in the 80s with Sinister's clone of a prepubescent Jean, rapidly aged to adulthood, Madelyn Pryor....if that's too much of a stretch, she just doesn't make it because she's never teleported to the past before)

....hmmm just realized I didn't include Rogue. whenever I said Kitty, insert Rogue if she's who you prefer (if we even have to choose)

I like it -- lol -- but I don't know how it would translate in a movie. You have to convincingly suspend the audience's disbelief but if you aren't a comic fan, all that would be too much.

But you should fan-fic that, all that imagination shouldn't go to waste.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thunderscream

@lykopis: lol yeah I don't know if it would translate either....pretty hard premise to sell

I did copy and paste to the fan-fic section, gonna fiddle with it some more ;)

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LoganRogue24

@boob: lenore zann rocks i love her as Rogue.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lykopis

@Thunderscream: Awesome. Please @reply to me so I can read it afterwards.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LoganRogue24

idk i love Anna as Rogue but maybe someone else should do it cause she is busy with her new kids and she has her true blood show. here are some actors that i think might make a good Rogue laura vandervoort erica durance cassidy freeman kate beckensale here are some actors that do um adult things that i think could play Rogue lookwise at least claire dames jenny hendrix jayden jaymes julia bond audrey bitoni lani lane paulina james. here some wwe girls that i think could play Rogue mickie james lita candice michelle either of the bella twins eve torres. or just start from scratch if they have to. i would love if lenore zann redubs the lines if need be that would be cool.

Haganz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By Haganz
    @aerokinesis said:

I need rogue to be Ms. Marvel powered...

I agree!
    smeagollk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By smeagollk
    No Caption Provided

to be honest i don't question anna paquin as an actress even though she absolutely didn't convince me as rogue in the movie trilogy, but like others pointed out, she should be recast.. if we want comic book rogue (hell yeaah!), then it should be someone older, who wasn't already shown as a shy little girl.. new era, new rogue :))

am i the only one who can totally see jennifer carpenter from dexter playing rogue in a new x-men movie? i took the liberty of my poor little photoshop skills to show you what i have in mind ;) i wish they'd made a movie with both rogue and gambit in it and their storyline from comic books like the gambit trial, the x-treme x-men storyline probably...it would certainly be something new, although i don't see it happening any time soon :(

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HAWK2916

Not a bad choice in Jennifer Carpenter. I honestly would like her to play Rachel grey though. My choice for Rogue is Kate Mara (rooney's sis)

smeagollk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By smeagollk

actually kate mara would make great kitty pryde in my opinion :D

Mystrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mystrogue

Anna confirmed she's playing Rogue in DOFP.

I love her in True Blood :D and I think her Rogue needs to act more like Sookie.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LoganRogue24

i hope Wolverine and Rogue are together it was hinted in the first two dfilms Rogue had a thing for Logan even though she was with icekid.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack

Needs more sex appeal.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DEGRAAF

@LoganRogue24 said:

i hope Wolverine and Rogue are together it was hinted in the first two dfilms Rogue had a thing for Logan even though she was with icekid.

I think that was portrayed more as a father daughter type relationship not a sexual tension type relationship.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LoganRogue24

@DEGRAAF: i guess anna paquin and hugh jackman must not have seen it that way in the films Logan and Rogue work better then Logan Jean or Bobby and Rogue.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Pyrogram

@cameronstear said:

If Rogue Appeared in X-men Days Of Future Past should Anna Paquin play her a 4th time

Maybe, Not to keen on it again though, they need....Somebody with more, I don't know, this Rogue is lame in some respects.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DEGRAAF

@LoganRogue24 said:

@DEGRAAF: i guess anna paquin and hugh jackman must not have seen it that way in the films Logan and Rogue work better then Logan Jean or Bobby and Rogue.

what do you mean? did the date or something outside of the movie? I agree they work better

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LoganRogue24

well i think both or one of them like the idea of Wolverine and Rogue as a couple i forget which cause it has been years. my one friend said he or she hear one of them say they like the idea of Wolverine and Rogue as a couple.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.