Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6623 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Her Power level

• 50 results
    MeganWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MeganWayne

Okay so since she can now control if she absorbs someone's powers wouldn't that mean that she now has full control of her powers and has the potential to do anything with them which would make her an Omega Level Mutant. What do you guys think about this , or do you think she should stay as an Alpha-Level-Mutant?

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By crimsonspider89

She is still an Alpha level but her powers are still growing. Gambit could be one but he does not use his full power.

gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By gambit18

with what has proved Rogue  in the last days  I am sure this close .

if in the past  she won them the most powerful  only with a touch of skin,  now with that control ... 

and just beginning its evolution   what he did in ucanny 517 ,   new mutants 6  and now on 230 legacy,  she is close .

Rogue is about to become omega

cmkphoenixfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cmkphoenixfan1

Do you think so?
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik
    @gambit18 said:
    "   with what has proved Rogue  in the last days  I am sure this close .  if in the past  she won them the most powerful  only with a touch of skin,  now with that control ...     and just beginning its evolution   what he did in ucanny 517 ,   new mutants 6  and now on 230 legacy,  she is close .   Rogue is about to become omega "
    I am almost completely certain that one cannot grow into an omega. You have to have genetic predisposition. It is congenital just like being a mutant is. For example, Bobby Drake has always been an omega mutant.
    gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gambit18

Yes but remember that :  her power was always immature state is now beginning to grow,  and even before this achievement defeat most powerful people   like Thor and Geniss vell   > =  mutants omega level.  ((  Geniss Vell is a  cosmic character )) 
     For this if I think I might be omega .

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Erik
    @gambit18 said:
    "  Yes but remember that :  her power was always immature state is now beginning to grow,  and even before this achievement defeat most powerful people   like Thor and Geniss vell   > =  mutants omega level.  ((  Geniss Vell is a  cosmic character ))   For this if I think I might be omega . "
    That does not matter. If she was an omega, she would have been said to be one. 
    gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gambit18

Bobby at the beginning it was said that was not of that level, the same can happen with Rogue and more taking into account their potential, equal time will tell. I think at least if it is,   she just starting to develop its power and is so powerful.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Erik
    @gambit18 said:
    "  Bobby at the beginning it was said that was not of that level, the same can happen with Rogue and more taking into account their potential, equal time will tell. I think at least if it is,   she just starting to develop its power and is so powerful. "
    No. He has always been an omega ever since they started to use the term. He has not always SHOWN that he was because he was afraid of his potential. Do not muddle your opinion with facts. Rogue will never be an omega. She does not have any of the credentials that would earn her that title. 
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

Though she has control of her powers I think she uses them at her level opposed to the level of the person she copied them from. Sure she's got control of her powers now but she won't out magnetize Magneto or out cold Iceman.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dane

her power level? Vegeta what does the scouter say?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @gambit18 said:
    "  with what has proved Rogue  in the last days  I am sure this close .  if in the past  she won them the most powerful  only with a touch of skin,  now with that control ...     and just beginning its evolution   what he did in ucanny 517 ,   new mutants 6  and now on 230 legacy,  she is close .   Rogue is about to become omega "

While mutants have been seen to change in classification, a tactile-contact power like Rogue's isn't an Omega-Level power.  She doesn't have the ability to change matter on an atomic level.  Elixir can re-arrange the human body on a cellular level, and will in time be able to do it on an atomic level.  Iceman can re-arrange the particles in his body to become ice and revert back again (it wasn't easy for him to learn how, but he always had the potential to do it when he grew strong enough).  Rogue's touch can't re-arrange on a molecular level... she can only borrow the powers of Omega levels, and hope to demonstrate the same level of control that they have.
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lifeguard85
    @xerox-kitty said:

" @gambit18 said:

"  with what has proved Rogue  in the last days  I am sure this close .  if in the past  she won them the most powerful  only with a touch of skin,  now with that control ...     and just beginning its evolution   what he did in ucanny 517 ,   new mutants 6  and now on 230 legacy,  she is close .   Rogue is about to become omega "
    While mutants have been seen to change in classification, a tactile-contact power like Rogue's isn't an Omega-Level power.  She doesn't have the ability to change matter on an atomic level.  Elixir can re-arrange the human body on a cellular level, and will in time be able to do it on an atomic level.  Iceman can re-arrange the particles in his body to become ice and revert back again (it wasn't easy for him to learn how, but he always had the potential to do it when he grew strong enough).  Rogue's touch can't re-arrange on a molecular level... she can only borrow the powers of Omega levels, and hope to demonstrate the same level of control that they have. "
    FTW

Although maybe Fraction will get tired of Emma and starting calling Rogue an Omega LOL
    Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MeganWayne said:

"Okay so since she can now control if she absorbs someone's powers wouldn't that mean that she now has full control of her powers and has the potential to do anything with them which would make her an Omega Level Mutant. What do you guys think about this , or do you think she should stay as an Alpha-Level-Mutant? "

Whoa, Omega-level isn't an indicator of threat potential, but mastery of full potential?                          %Pr
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

id say Alpha with the ability to obtain temporary Omega status.
    one of the qualifiers for Omega is ability/potential for immortality,
    which Rogue doesnt posses.

personally i prefer she doesnt evolve to "uber" stats. i like reading about
    Rogue because in battle, she doesnt get a win just because she uses her
    power and or others, she has to be tactful about what she does in order to
    gain ground. this forces writers to give us better stories and action sequences to read.
    i dont find as much fun in reading characters who can solve problems by waving their hand,
    and always had a tick with characters who cant die/feel pain/ect becuase i cant really care
    what happens to them.

connormc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By connormc

Rogue is an omega level mutant and her strength, speed and Siphon abilities are still raising 
    gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gambit18

Why not be an omega rogue? if the level was always unlimited, and until recently we learned that his power was immature,just now started to increase. 

Rogue copy powers at 100% capacity and a long contact gives them permanently, if we go to what he did in xtreme x men.

She wins  someone is more powerful than a mutant omega (  Geniss Vell. ), and Bendis wanted her to stay with those powers Permanently.

Rogue will be omega is a fact, if not now with the years but the potential it has.

info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By info nation
    @gambit18:Good point, it doesn't really matter what Rogue is NOW once she's touched someone very powerful for long enough she can easily PASS for an Omega-level mutant if nothing else.
    NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By NeoAndroid
    @info nation: But only an Omega Level mutant can contain there powers without losing control or something else. Like The Red Queen need Jean greys body because Jean is an Omega and Maddie needed because 'Jean Grey is the only one who could house my power' So is that not the same for other Omegas? Rogue touched Ares, but it still wore off. And could rogue handle being haunted by say a male omegas memories? 

Rogue has potential to be a powerful Alpha but not an Omega, shes like on the line of not being able to reach it. 

And if she becomes an omega then so would mutants say like 'Dazzler, Psylocke, etc'
    Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aqua11500

When was she even labeled as alpha? 

Rogue no doubt in my mind is a very dangerous threat(if she uses her powers under the right circumstances)Still majority of the time when she absorbs them they are there to stay only tempoairly...so just because she absorbs IceMan's powers for a peroid doesn't neccasairly make her Omega potential because it will fade soon.  
    But if  i had to guess shecould pr a possible Alpha,i haven't really been following up on her character lately...so yeah  iwas wondering when she was offically crowned a Alpha.

gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gambit18

Rogue is omega, is potentially unlimited.

You just have to see xtreme x men, or better yet further increases their power in X Men Legacy 234.

Rogue is omega.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Magian

If Rogue was an omega level mutant, they would have atleast hinted at such a possibility now that she has mastered her powers, like they recently did with Storm. My opinion is that Rogue is a powerful Alpha.

gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gambit18

With its current level, Rogue is obviously omega, I think

but more has to do with his power continues to increase.

Storm is only alpha, is not unlimited as Rogue.

X-Men Legacy 234 OMG.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Magian

Some things about Rogue's powers need to be clarified, like how many powers can she copy at a time, at what level she can copy them and other stuff. Then we can say if Rogue is an omega or not.
    gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gambit18
     Copy in 100%, even a touch.

And now does much more than that, this being very versatile.

The question is she has had more success with its powers of absorption, that most of the mutants.

Rogue has always been a high level, would be nothing strange that it is classified omega.
    Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aqua11500
    @gambit18 said:
    "  With its current level, Rogue is obviously omega, I thinkbut more has to do with his power continues to increase.Storm is only alpha, is not unlimited as Rogue.  X-Men Legacy 234 OMG. "
    False she is not Omega. Rogue is like Alpha or somehting

Storm..IDK she is possibly,it was never stated her being Alpha,just a possible Omega.
    kanasaurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By kanasaurs
    @Dane said:
    " her power level? Vegeta what does the scouter say? "
    IT'S OVER 9000!
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sexy_merc

Rogue is probably under 9000.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By dane
    @kanasaurs said:
    " @Dane said:
    " her power level? Vegeta what does the scouter say? "
    IT'S OVER 9000! "
    it took 7 months for someone to reply to that. Thank you, sir.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Basically if  her powers evolved into Hope's level aka peter patrelli then she will be omega, which is possible one day she won't need to make skin to skin contact and now that she can control her powers she might realize how to use them to their full potential 

I say she has the possibility to be an omega, it really just depends if the writers decide she should progress to one because mutant powers progress and evolve and hers would probably progress to mimicry or actually copying and permanently storing power templates like I believe she has done in the past(read it on the wiki, haven't read much x-men over the years) or how she did on x-men evolution(best episode)  

info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By info nation
    @EnSabahNurX: True! All true!
    Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue level depends on the mutant power she absorbed. If Rogue wanted to be Omega level then she could be omega level this has always been the case. When Rogue absorbs a person she absorbs not only that persons power but also there psych, reflexes, strength. Stamina, durability and any other skills they posses like language thus meaning she should be able to use her at the same level as the person she copied. If Rogue was to copy Jean Gray and Scarlet witch then she would be an omega level like them except stronger than them individually given she can use there powers at the same time. At the peak of her ability she should be able to recall any one she absorbed. Rogue potential is only limited to those around her. Most characters can't change there level but Rogues power set allows her to be any level she choses. It is hard to classify her as anything she is in her own class.

eea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is a potential Omega I think. If she touches someone for enough time, she takes their power permanently. Like she did to Ms Marvel. If she touches Jean or Scarlet Witch for enough time, she takes their powers permanently and become stronger than them.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From my understanding at her powers is that they have limits. She has proven to contain MANY powers all at the same time, however she can't hold them for a long period of time due to the multiple Psyches in her head. Rogue is Alpha level mutant, but not a potential Omega.

Question: She has Wonder Man's Powers? when again did she grab them?

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cosmiccelest

@stormphoenix: Rogue has learned to control her power to the point where she chooses what she takes and what she doesn't work so her Psych isn't a problem anymore. Also she took all the mutants power in uncanny avengers and even the Avengers abilities and she could keep them but Scarlet witch released them from her. Which brings me to the point of Wonderman which is win she gained his power permanently.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@cosmiccelest: I know that story I read it. She couldn't keep all there powers for too long which is why Scarlet Witch released them. Also she can't fully utilize their powers to the full extent as oppose to the original user. So Ex: Rogue used the power of the Phoenix yes using that power makes Rogue a threat however it would be less powerful because Rogue isn't the host for the actual phoenix and isn't a TK user.

Another Ex: Storm. It's the same what she did with Storm she took her powers and was able to use them, but couldn't fully use the them way only Storm could....then she went out of control because it was too much power for her to handle.

Another Ex: Ghost Rider. When she took his powers she went beserks and yelled at Johnny Blaze to take his powers back. Because it was WAY too much for her.

That's why I say she has limits she can duplicate your powers, but can't FULLY use them to their full potential. Her gathering all the Avengers and X-men powers is actually cool. And I guess you can say she was pushing WAY PAST her limits, but she couldn't use them for too long and in fact it was tearing her apart. There were TOO many voices in her head and she was struggling to focus.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Incorrect. Rogue can use the powers she absorbs at the same level as the person she absorbed them from. She never absorbed the Phoenix which is an entity not a power. Also the only reason she couldn't contain all those powers is because of the psych of the people she absorbed which wouldn't happen anymore as she has control over her power, to the point she decides what she takes and rather to hurt people when she takes the power or not. Meaning she can take the power but leave the psych.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Incorrect. Rogue can use the powers she absorbs at the same level as the person she absorbed them from. She never absorbed the Phoenix which is an entity not a power. Also the only reason she couldn't contain all those powers is because of the psych of the people she absorbed which wouldn't happen anymore as she has control over her power, to the point she decides what she takes and rather to hurt people when she takes the power or not. Meaning she can take the power but leave the psych.

Incorrect as well. She can't use the same powers on the same level as the person she touches. That's why she couldn't absorb energy when she had Captain Marvel's powers. And when she couldn't fully control the weather when she had Storms powers then went out of control. And when she went berserk having Ghost Rider powers and begged him to take it back. ALL these examples are of Rogue not being able to have the same level of control as the original. When she absorbed all the X-men and Avengers she was already skilled in using her powers. It's says in the story arc she pushed past her limits and she tells us there are TOO many psyches in her head. Scarlet Witch says that she is being torn apart and that she can't handle this much power.

Actually Rogue did use a portion of the Phoenix Force power, but she was NOT on the same level as the Phoenix. Which further proves my point that IF Rogue can use the powers of the Heroes she touches to the Same Level as that Hero then your saying she is on Par with the Phoenix. Because here Rogue is using the Phoenix Force and Rogue is NOT a skilled TK user.

No Caption Provided

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormphoenix:
    You are close but there are some mistakes.:) Rogue steals(copies) also a knowledge of people. It works like reading a book. Some knowledge but weaker than knowledge from using this skills.

Sometimes she can use powers better than original user sometimes she is worse. It all depend on hero.

Rogue said that Ms Marvel is better at using Ms Marvel powers than her.

But weaker heroes like Cannonball or students from X men school? She is better than they.

and new Uncanny Avengers are the best:D

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xelossik: No, you pretty much explained what I was talking about. I'm just saying there are powers Rogue took that she couldn't fully control and fully utilize as the original.

But yes it does depend on the Hero.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:
    Ok. Of course this is not important because right now she is not using her powers at all:D
    but she has great adventures so i am ok with that:D
    Uncanny Avengers by Duggan are great:)
    "When she absorbed all the X-men and Avengers she was already skilled in using her powers. It's says in the story arc she pushed past her limits and she tells us there are TOO many psyches in her head."
    PIS... that was terrible. In Legacy she learned how to steal only powers without psyche. Luckily for me Duggan is writing Rogue now.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xelossik: PIS or not that was very interesting on her part.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormphoenix: "PIS or not that was very interesting on her part."
    I agree that was very interesting. But They could skip psyche and go with too many different energies or anything like that.:)

still Uncanny Avengers right now is 10 times better:d

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DevilMayehm666

Well Hope Summers is considered an Omega Level mutant and she basically has the same powers.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilMayehm666:
    there is a lot of differences:
    - hope power has range while Rogue must touch people
    - hope only copies powers while Rogue steals energy and copies powers, memories, knowledge and DNA
    - hope powers works only temporary while Rogue can touch someone for long time to gain new power permanently (like with Sunfire or Wonder man). Wonder Man left her body but Rogue still has his powers.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xelossik: Rogue being able to keep the powers makes her impressive. That and Hope can only take mutant powers.

rogue1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rogue1812

@xelossik:

Well that's not quite true, she is very modest, and to be honest, many of the adult heroes use the same power sometimes even better than them.

And Carol, well she marvel's powers worked better and they were stronger in Rogue than they were in Carol, and in AVX regardless of Rogue's modesty, Rogue was superior to Carol, and Rogue won.

stormphoenix

She can use the powers of Cap Marvel equal, from which she absorbed better powers, like those of Geniss Vell, and this is in a coma.

She can make massive powers absorptions, and in control if she wants she can choose to stay or not, and decides that she takes, and her powers were increasing, obviously she is of omega level.

And to be honest she has more feats of power than many of the omega level confirmed.

Did you see how the celestial stopped? she can defeat Thor with one touch, and she has absorbed 8 billion entities.

And she has many more features of her powers that she was just developing.

@Cosmiccelest:

That's right, she in control was increasing her powers, and she uses the power better than the original users, and may contain unlimited amounts of power and entities, because that has already been seen, she clearly is of omega level.

Mordeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though she has control of her powers I think she uses them at her level opposed to the level of the person she copied them from. Sure she's got control of her powers now but she won't out magnetize Magneto or out cold Iceman.

Could also be that like the original user of said power.. she would require time and practice to harness the powers while maintaining control. This is a common theme with all powerful mutants.. They all have a time period where they are dangerous to be around.. They also have a aha moment where they suddenly unlock more potential by connecting dots or by being infused with emotion. The fact that she can absorb and maintain the powers indefinitely would allow her time to grow each new power the same way the original user did.

Rogue_fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rogue_fanboy

I prefer rogue to be alpha level class mutant since it is evident that she is very powerful and has yet access her powers full potential. I also believe that shes also has psionic capabilities able to withstand the echoes of the memories of all the people she absorbed and remain sane and still has control on herself, and I also believe that she has vast knowledge from all the peoples memories that she have absorbed making very intelligent. She is like a Goddess reborn, with no recollection of her past and not aware of her powers so she refused to accept her gifts and that makes her unable to evolve.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.