Follow

RoboCop

Character » RoboCop appears in 198 issues.

Alex J. Murphy was a normal cop in Old Detroit when he was killed and reborn as RoboCop.

Bring on the fan boy nerd rage!

Avatar image for deactivated-6030f931768b5
    deactivated-6030f931768b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

So we have images from Robocop and inevitably the nerd rage has surfaced because the suit has been changed. What did people expect? The same chrome suit is not going to be used as it would ridiculous in a modern movie. The original suit worked great in the original films because at the time it looked futuristic which is exactly what the creators of the new movie are trying to do. Take a look at any prototype or concept for military armour of the future and you can see what they were going for.

The film could not be made without being updated, it wouldn't work and would essentially be a rip off money wise. I would not pay hard earned cash to see a movie in 2012 that looked like a cut and stick job of an 80's film to keep the internet legions happy. No, the film has to be up to date and able to work in a modern setting. The same goes for any other film of this type.

Transformers was a perfect example, all feelings towards Mr Bay put aside the bots had to be updated in that movie to make them work in the modern world. There was no way a giant robot the size of a three story building was going to transform into a handgun, that was no way that Prime was going to fit into the movie world with a giant trailer following him around and Bumblebee was not going to be the new version of the VW bug because it looks like a ten year old girls dream car.

Come one guys, I love the passion you have for things you hold dear and grew up with, I share that passion but you have to understand and accept that time moves on and if we want the things we love to live on and be loved by other generations then we need to embrace the change.

Here's to peace on the fan boy front.

JM

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Cool love this car.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I really like this suit. My only problem with it is that it is clearly going for Batman's style suit when they could have been a bit more original.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.