Follow

Robin

Concept » Robin appears in 1201 issues.

The patron saint of superhero sidekicks, several young people have taken on the role of Robin, Batman's partner in the battle against crime: Dick Grayson was the first, followed by Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Stephanie Brown and currently Damian Wayne. The title of Robin is an honor all on its own comparable to that of Batman.

Who Is the Best Robin?

JeredMcCorkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#151  Edited By JeredMcCorkle

My vote for best Robin goes to Tim Drake.  I think he's the character who's best followed in the Bat's footsteps.  Dick's a great character, but he definitely his own man with his own trajectory, and I love what they've done with Jason Todd in turning him into the Red Hood.  But, Tim; as far as I'm concerned, he's been groomed to be the next Batman.
    yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By yankeemanf

Dick Grayson....im sry but u cant tell me he isnt there is a reason why all robins afterwards were judged in his image...Tim Drake is a close 2nd but he to me is just Bruce Wayne all over again while Dick is a totally diff character than Bruce and Tim

Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Jodin20723

Dick was the best Robin. 
    Tim was the best Robin for Batman (worked together well) 
    Jason was the worst Robin(compared to Dick and Tim) 
    Damian has potental to be the "best" Robin but it is still to soon to tell.
    Taylors005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#154  Edited By Taylors005

Jason Todd is my favorite but i dont consider him the "best robin" 

tim drake is to much like bruce to really be a robin . he is more of a minibatman with to many parallels  

so this leaves me to choose between dick, damian, and the girls. 
     i hate Stephanie Brown and i dont know anything about carrie 

damian is to much of a headstrong clueless rebel to function as a robin properly

so this leaves me with dick as the best robin

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#155  Edited By Jayso4201

TIM DRAKE, HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

SEE!!!!!!!!!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5dc80e5fe9494
    deactivated-5dc80e5fe9494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gotta say personaly  the best would have to be tim drake... and he's still only a kid  when he goes full grown  he's going to outshadow even batman

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By Warlord

oh man! tim or dick tough decision! ...tim because of RED ROBIN
    Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Band Lone

Who the heck is Kerrie Kelly?? 

BTW Tim Drake is the best Robin evar

striker77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#160  Edited By striker77

My favorite is Damian, it's a great character and I love that he's not the typical childish Robin, also I haven't read a lot of comics with Dick, Jason or Stephanie as Batman sidekick, but definitely like Damian more than Tim and... Carrie XD

Hinamotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Hinamotto

Make it Grayson.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#162  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Fantasgasmic:
    The fact drake is hard to dislike is what makes him lame.
    Richard is the best then damian,jason and stephanie had potential,and i'd like to set the record straight,going from my posts many people will feel that i hate drake this is not the case at all,i used to be a huuuge drake fanboy,but then i started seeing things in his character which completely turned me off,basically the more i read about him the more i dislike him.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By entropy_aegis

like father ,like son .
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#164  Edited By ReverseNegative

Damien is interesting. 
    Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    Mr_Wayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#166  Edited By Mr_Wayne69
    • Tim was the best Robin.
    • Grayson was a good Robin but even better on his own.
    • Jason sucked.
    • and Damian is the new and improved Jason w/ a splash of Tim (as far as Robin-effectiveness).
    BoyDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By BoyDetective

I have to say that I pretty much agree with everything Tom Said.  Dick Grayson is not the most interesting Robin. He definitely became a much stronger character as Nightwing and definitely throughout Grant Morrison's RIP saga and then as Batman. Jason Todd while a slightly more engaging character just because of his darker tones as Robin was not necessarily the best Robin either. Jason Todd is hands down a much more fascinating character as Red Hood. Tim Drake is the Robiniest of Robins actually pursuing the mantle and acknowledging Batman's need for a Robin. Damian is a fantastic character and I adored him from the minute he was introduced in Batman and Son.  I love Carrie in Frank Miller's stuff but I can't speak on Stephanie Brown too much. So Tim Drake is probably the most ideal Robin but Damian is AWESOME!!!  (Thrillkiller's Robin is also pretty kick-ass  too!)  Finally, I will say that one of the best things in reading from Batman and Son forward is the rich source material that writers have mined about all the different Robins and their varying relationships with Batman and with being Robin and with each other. Brilliant stuff!

JLAsuperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By JLAsuperdude

Well Grayson is just so iconic that he is awesome. 
    But I really like Tim too. I dont know a lot about Damian but he does seem pretty cool to.
    red robin 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By red robin 15

my favourite robin is tim drake hands down and tim has left the biggest impact as robin in the dcu but in abilities i would give it to dick he is the better fighter but tim is smarter and better detective. also tim has alot of potential that is still not shown to us and im sure he will play a big part soon. About damian i hate the kids arrogance but i think he is a cool character and one that will be cool to follow as he becomes more mature and learns more about the bat family.

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Sawcesome

I gotta go with Tim.  He was Robin when I started reading comics a lot, so I guess he's my pick since I've read him as Robin longer.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#171  Edited By speedlgt

grayson is the best overall but in reality he went passed the rank of robin too long ago and really made his legacy as nightwing. in other words grayson IMO is more nightwing than robin at this point. 

Thus I would say the best robin has been Drake he was the best sidkick super smart willing to take the batman mantle FIRST and never ever gave up on bruce being dead. Hes bruces best son. he had the solo run and IMO is the most like bruce in terms of detctive and skil. 

It also should be noted that the "rank" of robin is also the default leader of the titans. since robin is the ultimate side kick in history.  

it should be considered that in terms of mainstream exposure Robin is more famous and well known than half of marvel and dc combined. Robin is A list all the way
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#172  Edited By Baddamdog

I don't like Tim as Red Robin, it's just a bit....lame

Rhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Rhi

I like Tim alot but I just have to give it to Dick! Maybe it's nostalgia clouding my judgement because the my first exposure to comics was through my big brothers collection when I was a kid. Dick has always been my favorite and IMO the best Robin, and even as he's moved beyond his Boy Wonder years into Nightwing and Batman, I still like think of him as Robin.  

But Tim comes in at a close second!
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By VampireSelektor
    @speedlgt: 

"grayson is the best overall but in reality he went passed the rank of robin too long ago and really made his legacy as nightwing. in other words grayson IMO is more nightwing than robin at this point. 

Thus I would say the best robin has been Drake he was the best sidkick super smart willing to take the batman mantle FIRST and never ever gave up on bruce being dead. Hes bruces best son. he had the solo run and IMO is the most like bruce in terms of detctive and skil." 

No one can deny that Tim is traversing the path to becoming the World's Greatest Detective under Bruce's tutelage. But who are we to forget Dick's hand (HA!) in Tim's training to become Robin? Tim, like Jason Todd before him, lacked the acrobatic skills that aided Dick's transition into the mantle of Robin. Enter Dick, who eagerly tutored Tim in order to bolster his progress. As for the much-lauded detective skills Red Robin fanboys gush over, let us not forget that both Bruce AND Dick trained Tim in the art of detection.    No one can deny that Tim is traversing the path to becoming the World's Greatest Detective under Bruce's tutelage. But who are we to forget Dick's hand (HA!) in Tim's training to become Robin? Tim, like Jason Todd before him, lacked the acrobatic skills that aided Dick's transition into the mantle of Robin. Enter Dick, who eagerly tutored Tim in order to bolster his progress. As for the much-lauded detective skills Red Robin fanboys gush over, let us not forget that both Bruce AND Dick trained Tim in the art of detection.  But I will concede to Drake being the Robin with the best training.  

Oh, and what about the time Tim seriously considered the possibility that Bruce Wayne killed Silver St. Cloud? It was Dick who defended their mentor, Dick who expressed disgust at Tim for his doubt.  Dick and Tim are both halves of one, perfect Batman.  Honestly, it seems as if comic readers would rather deem Grayson  to be a pretty-boy aerialist rather than Bruce's natural successor. Fabian Nicieza's Batman: The Road Home issues properly sum up their skills and relationship to Bruce Wayne.   

Or maybe I'm just Dick-riding ; )
    batmanbeyond8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By batmanbeyond8

Dick grayson or Damian wayne or jason probably jason
    Scary Tousers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Scary Tousers

I would say Tim Drake, but I'm not sure if it's not the time for him to move and become his own man, maybe by becoming Red Robin he already did. Damian is currently on a good way to become the best Robin, Stephanie is good new Batgirl (I just hope that Cassandra Cain will become new Nightwing) and Jason...yeah, psychopath.
    And Grayson, of course, is Batman.

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#177  Edited By harleyquinn12

Tim's defintley my favorite, but Steph's cool too!

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#178  Edited By yo_yo_fun

Dick Grayson is definitely my favorite! 
    And I do love him as Nightwing, but everytime I hear Robin, I think of Grayson.   
    Tim Drake is the 2nd best in my book. 
    Stephanie Brown was awesome too; it was great to see a female Robin, but she is better as Batgirl. 
    And Damian Wayne is a very interesting charracter. But I like him a lot. Him as Robin and Grayson as Batman was just Amazing. I loved how they switched roles. It was interesting to read. 
    Overall, they were great Robins who will never go away. But Grayson is my favorite:)
    GREYMALCKIN3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By GREYMALCKIN3

1{JASON TODD}2{ TIM GRAYSON}3{DAMIAN WAYNE}AND DICK GRAYSON ONLY AS NIGHTWING 

Robin181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Robin181

It should be Tim Dark hand down

wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By wordchallenge

Tim Drake is by far the best Robin. He is the most like Batman. He is the best detective. He can hold his own in a fight against any of them. And in terms of success on his own.. He had an ongoing series for longer than Nightwing did.

Avatar image for rorschach_s_soliloquy
    Rorschach's Soliloquy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim. Without a doubt Tim. He was the smartest, and plus, he had tights. Dick didn't.

JokerJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By JokerJuice

I fell in love with Dick when he was Robin but he was better off as Nightwing. Tim was cool and all but I like the stuff with Damian. But I think Dick, by far. 

Batgirl 47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Batgirl 47

Stephanie!!!:D jkjk Tim was and is the best!

rnb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By rnb

there is no question that tim drake was the best.  He smart as hell and can kick your ass

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#186  Edited By jasraj
    Tim
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By SmoothJammin
    @VampireSelektor:
    I've always said that Dick was the most complete Robin/NW. He always comes through for Bruce, and his best qualities are what make him shine. His style. Tim is all about tactics and strategy but he struggles with high calibur fighters.Batman has also stated that Tim is a little naive in that he still sees the world in black and white but is gifted nonetheless. Damian right now, at age 10 shows the most promise out of any other Robin. He's potentially better than Tim, we saw in 666 his future self is shown to have booby trapped every prominent building in Gotham, admitting that he'd never be as good as his father or Dick Grayson so he'd specialize in cheating to guarantee the city's safety and more importantly--a batman. Grayson is more of a speed chess guy, he can think on his feet and adapts well to serve any situation. Phenomenal improv..excellent timing(He's dropped in to save Bruce, Tim, Jason and Damian on numerous occasions.How?lol). His selflessness and bold nature, the ability to inspire and lead, and arguably up there with the top 10 martial artists of DC. Jason gets no respect from me. Steph was a dumb blonde. Carrie kelly I actually haven't read too much about. Damian gets my vote.
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By SmoothJammin
    @Scary Tousers:
    Dick was 19 when he became Nightwing, but had already tired of the Robin mantle during the new teen titans at around the same age Tim(17-18) became Red Robin. Dick felt he outgrew it, but Tim  looked at it as his duty as long as Bruce was there to teach him.
    TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By TheRedRobin

TIm I like Nightwing I hate Damian
    Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Enyalios

I think the question here is not which is the best character, but which was the best Robin and that answer I belive is Tim.  Dick was the originator and, as the author of the thread stated the one by which all the others were measured by, but Dick did not come to his own until after the mantle was taken from him.  Before that, he was just a side kick.  Sure he did his thing on the Teen Titans and among a team of sidekicks he was the best, but the fact remains that while he was Robin, he was always Batman's sidekick. 

Jason was initally a mirror image of Dick who, once again did not come into his own until after he died and came back.  He had some interesting stories to his credit, but as Robin he was not very effective.    

Damien...well, Damien is just annoying.  He has his moments, I'll give him, but I don't see him expanding on the role any more than any of his predessessors did. 

Tim earned the role.  He found out who Batman and Nightwing were, he underwent intensive training even before he was allowed to take the role.  And once he did, he did not confine himself to what Dick did or try to mirror him, he made the role his own.  He became just as well known for being on his own as he did for being Batman's sidekick, and he was arguably more effective on his own when out from under Batman's shadow, but even as a sidekick, I think he complemented Batman best. 
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @entropy_aegis said:
    "@Fantasgasmic: The fact drake is hard to dislike is what makes him lame.Richard is the best then damian,jason and stephanie had potential,and i'd like to set the record straight,going from my posts many people will feel that i hate drake this is not the case at all,i used to be a huuuge drake fanboy,but then i started seeing things in his character which completely turned me off,basically the more i read about him the more i dislike him. "

Wow was this really me?Shoots myself.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#192  Edited By InnerVenom123

None of them. Robin sucks. The characters only improve once they get their own unique identity rather than that "Batman's flamboyant kid sidekick" garbage.

Boredwithlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Boredwithlife

The original and the best .Dick Grayson. He created it. He made it intimidating ( In green panties no less). He made it a threat. It's his legacy . It's his mantle. He. Is. Robin.

I hate how the argument for Tim is basically "He's the best detective. He earned the title." Really.

First off before Tim came along Dick was the second best detective,( Who is Donna Troy. Anyone) But because they wanted TIm to stand out he became the best detective because without that what else does he have?

And anyone who thinks Dick didn't earn his place should Read "The Gauntlet" and you'll see that Dick earned his position as well.

Damian is second. I hated him at first but then I saw his relationship with Tim and it made me appreciate his character. I loved his team-up with Dick as well.

Jason comes third. I have a soft spot for him.

Tim is my least favorite. He irks me.

I don't even count Stephanie or Carrie.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By luckydomino1

jason or Damion takes it

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By luckydomino1

we have been flooded with tim fanboys nooooooo

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#196  Edited By RedOwl_1

I'm a girl and believe me I HATE all female robins.

The Best as Partner/Sidekick: Dick - u know he's the good guy he is the only robin who deserves being Batman

My Favorite: Tim - He is of the kind of guy I really want as a boyfriend :D

The Coolest: Damian- Dude is so F#$%#$% badass and any robin had been that way = original and awesomely badass

Best Costume: Between Damian's and Tim's yellow/black/red

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#197  Edited By Zdaybreak

Jason. The boy has skills and the best of humour. I love his pre-crisis robin.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By HBKTimHBK

IMO the best sidekick possible to Batman is Tim Drake, I believe he is the smartest Robin out of all of them. Damian Wayne has the potential to be the best fighter out of all of them, and Dick is at this moment the best fighter out of all of them. But what makes Tim the best Robin is he is a true counterpart to Batman, he is the best detective out of all of them, he is the most intelligent and Batman needs intelligence down to his core on what he is. Also Tim is a good fighter in his own right.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By nickthedevil

Jason Todd IMO

The whole bad seed thing was a better contrast for Bats

Kurupted13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Kurupted13

Grayson and Todd are the best IMO

Even though Todd is more like a Anti-hero.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.