Follow

Rob Liefeld

Person » Rob Liefeld is credited in 1001 issues.

Rob Liefeld is a successful, but controversial artist. A penciler and writer who rose to record-breaking success in the 1990's with titles such as The New Mutants, X-Force, and Youngblood.

Liefeld interview

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By entropy_aegis

IGN Interview with Rob Liefeld: Taking Over Deathstroke

IGN: In light of yesterday’s news – the cancellation of Hawk & Dove, which you had been writing and drawing – you’ll be moving onto Deathstroke as writer/artist. Was this a project in particular that you wanted to pull double duty on? What attracts you to drawing this character?

Liefeld:
    Two years ago, when Jim Lee and Geoff Johns were given their new positions, I called Jim and said “DUDE! Congratulations… how about Deathstroke for me??” He laughed and here we are. I could not be more excited. I feel like I’ve won the comic book lottery!!! I LOVE DEATHSTROKE! I was 12 in 1980 when Deathstroke appeared in Teen Titans #2. I wish I could time travel back to 1980 and tell my young self what is happening, he’d freak. I could not be more ecstatic.

IGN: As far as what’s in store for Slade under your guidance, what can you tell us about the direction you’ll be taking the book?

Liefeld:
    We are going to push Slade. He is at a crossroads. His life up to the point we find him has been driven by tragic events that have taken his family away from him. He has made an eternity’s worth of enemies, people who he has crossed in his role as the most dangerous mercenary/bounty hunter/assassin. These enemies pool their collective resources to bring about the end of Slade Wilson.

But before we can get to that, Slade is contacted by a covert government agency that has a mess on their hands. A breakout at a remote prison facility has occurred and unleashed a group of nasty alien criminals into the populace. Slade is offered triple his going rate but the real challenge is can Deathstroke, the most dangerous hunter on earth, bring down the most dangerous prey in the galaxy?

And it gets personal real fast; it’s the challenge Slade needs to re-awaken his humanity. When we join him he’s about to cash out, he’s numb. There’s no challenge for him, then this. Lobo vs. Deathstroke will be a whopper!

And then there are a group of young hybrids known as the Omegas that Deathstroke is charged with in his hunt for Lobo. It’s big.

IGN: I know you’ve discussed your excitement at drawing Batman for the first time officially during Hawk & Dove. Are there any characters in the DCU that you haven’t been able to tackle that might be making appearances in Deathstroke? More Batman perhaps?

Liefeld:
    Well between Deathstroke and Lobo and the Omegas, I’m crossing many, many characters off the bucket list. This is my love letter to Marv Wolfman, George Perez, Keith Giffen and Roger Slifer. As to Batman, turns out I really prefer Robin over the Dark Knight.

Courtesy of IGN,so should I be happy or sad?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By entropy_aegis

And Jim Lee is a hack for allowing this to happen.

Avalonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Avalonia

Fck Liefeld. Screw the idiots who keep employing him.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By dane

Pretty sure if he time traveled back to 1980 his 'young self' would have the same aptitude for drawing.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

DCnU sucks...

Avalonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Avalonia

@Vance Astro said:

DCnU sucks...

The sad thing is, there are some really quality books that came out of this. But overall, it just feels like DC is attempting to re-create an era gone by. What with the de-aging of their characters, the attempted 'hip factor', the 90's-esque redesigns and now the Liefeld oversaturation. They just seem to be making bad decision after bad decision.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Dane said:

Pretty sure if he time traveled back to 1980 his 'young self' would have the same aptitude for drawing.

LOL

@Vance Astro said:

DCnU sucks...

QFT.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Avalonia said:

@Vance Astro said:

DCnU sucks...

The sad thing is, there are some really quality books that came out of this. But overall, it just feels like DC is attempting to re-create an era gone by. What with the de-aging of their characters, the attempted 'hip factor', the 90's-esque redesigns and now the Liefeld oversaturation. They just seem to be making bad decision after bad decision.

I've only read a few of them and the few that I did read makes me wonder why they rebooted at all? It was a gimmick and that's it.They can enjoy their top spot over Marvel for a while but once DC New Universe becomes DC Old Universe people won't be so interested.Marvel has become such a joke with their gimmicks and I was thinking about switching to DC and reading more of their books but as soon as I do..they do this New 52 nonsense.They are just as gimmicky.They will give an A-list character several books at a time,they will start things over just to peak people's interest, i'm losing faith in comics altogether.If it wasn't for the fact that I haven't read EVERY comic and the two best companies IMO (DC and Marvel) where actually good at one point..I would stop reading comics altogether. 

The fact that Leifeld is taking over a book doesn't surprise me.DC doesn't know what good art is.The employed Frank Quietly too and he's awful.This is predictable..why would they do anything that makes sense? They almost never do. The sad part isn't that good quality books came out of DCnU..the sad part is that DC has always been capable of producing quality books but they choose to let certain writers and artists drive books into the ground and instead of stopping them earlier and changing lanes they just retcon whatever we didn't like, why can't they just write things right the first time?
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By CATPANEXE

This is fantastic news! Maybe now that Rob has achieved the pinnacle of his dreams he'll retire after?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

First Connor Hawke and Wally,then Bane,then Huntress and now Deathstroke.What on Earth have I done to deserve this?If they mess with the Batfamily or Superman then I'm done.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By rogue_mar1e

I kinda want to punch Liefeld in the face for feeling like he's even worthy to write or draw.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- He must have blackmail material on the entire industry, I wouldn't hire him if he worked for free

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By cyberninja

People are still hating on Liefeld? What is this the 90s?

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Adnan

@cyberninja:Wait, I thought he was popular during the 90s, and the main criticism with him is that his art and writing have barely progressed/changed since then? Keeping in mind that the crazy poses and body contortion that was supposedly popular back then (I dunno, I didn't read comics back then) isn't popular these days.

And I don't mind that he's on Deathstroke, heck, I think the character suits him, to be honest. What I want to know is how he ended up on the Hawkman and Grifter creative teams as well.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By cyberninja
    @Adnan said:

@cyberninja:Wait, I thought he was popular during the 90s, and the main criticism with him is that his art and writing have barely progressed/changed since then? Keeping in mind that the crazy poses and body contortion that was supposedly popular back then (I dunno, I didn't read comics back then) isn't popular these days.

And I don't mind that he's on Deathstroke, heck, I think the character suits him, to be honest. What I want to know is how he ended up on the Hawkman and Grifter creative teams as well.

He was "popular" for a short period of time, but mostly during the 90s he was pretty much disliked. As for how he ended up on Hawkman and Grifter creative team, I guess when a series loses readers, sales go down, and the creative team of the series reaches the "we don't have anything to lose, we might as well bring liefeld on board" point, then anything is possible. 
    Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#16  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Vance Astro said:

@Avalonia said:

@Vance Astro said:

DCnU sucks...

I've only read a few of them and the few that I did read makes me wonder why they rebooted at all? It was a gimmick and that's it.They can enjoy their top spot over Marvel for a while but once DC New Universe becomes DC Old Universe people won't be so interested.Marvel has become such a joke with their gimmicks and I was thinking about switching to DC and reading more of their books but as soon as I do..they do this New 52 nonsense.They are just as gimmicky.They will give an A-list character several books at a time,they will start things over just to peak people's interest, i'm losing faith in comics altogether.If it wasn't for the fact that I haven't read EVERY comic and the two best companies IMO (DC and Marvel) where actually good at one point..I would stop reading comics altogether. The fact that Leifeld is taking over a book doesn't surprise me.DC doesn't know what good art is.The employed Frank Quietly too and he's awful.This is predictable..why would they do anything that makes sense? They almost never do. The sad part isn't that good quality books came out of DCnU..the sad part is that DC has always been capable of producing quality books but they choose to let certain writers and artists drive books into the ground and instead of stopping them earlier and changing lanes they just retcon whatever we didn't like, why can't they just write things right the first time?

It's comic books dude, it's always been about "gimmicks" to a certain degree. Captain America is WWII propaganda (and I love the guy), Chris Claremont fed off of civil rights issues to make the X-Men great, and Spider-Man was the first big teenage superhero rather than sidekick. Now, these aren't nearly as cheap as the gimmicks DC and Marvel use nowadays in their marketing, but to be a comic book fan is to accept that this is an industry that needs to make sales in order to thrive. The New 52 has brought in quite a few new readers, and some of the titles (Batman, Animal Man) are really good. Also, I really like Frank Quietly... anything he and Morrison do together is great IMO.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Billy Batson

Nah, DCnU doesn't suck. The quality is pretty much the same. Also Liefeld>Quitely.
    BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Saren

@Billy Batson said:

Liefeld>Quietly.
    BB

True, I still have nightmares about Quietly's work on the Authority. According to him, Apollo, Midnighter, Swift and Hawksmoor all have the same face.

ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Billy Batson said:

Nah, DCnU doesn't suck. The quality is pretty much the same. Also Liefeld>Quietly.
    BB

Really? Quietly did WE3 and New X-Men, Liefeld does pouches. To each their own I guess.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Magian

@Billy Batson said:

Nah, DCnU doesn't suck. The quality is pretty much the same. Also Liefeld>Quietly.
    BB

True but Quietly>Liefeld.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Billy Batson

Typo on the name. Nobody cares.

@CitizenBane:

They don't? :p

@ApatheticAvenger:

At least Liefeld is laughable. We3 was is his best work but not really great when you compare to other artist.

New x-men? Look at Emma's skirt. Your argument is invalid :p

BB

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Adnan

I'm enjoying the DCnU more than the DCU, personally. Even though the only title I'm reading that could've been around without the reboot is Demon Knights.

Quietly is really hit and miss imo...he's also very, very slow. Is Multiversity actually happening or not?!

And I don't know how I feel about Lobo vs Deathstroke...

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Magian

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

True but Quietly>Liefeld.

I'm willing to admit Quietly is a bit of a guilty pleasure (though I would argue his art fits the style Grant Morrison usually portrays with his writing just fine).

That being said, I can't fathom ever enjoying Liefeld's art over his.

Well he is not really a favourite of mine, he is one of the artists you either hate or like IMO, still I like it and I agree that I would rather read something with him in than Liefeld.

As for the pic that Billy posted every artist has his misses.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Billy Batson

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Also, I do believe those are hot pants and not a skirt. :P

Doesn't change the fact that Quitely gave her a masculine touch :p
    BB

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke's junk won't heal after this, I'll tell you that much.

RedR0bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By RedR0bin

Liefeld > Quietly? Really.....

ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

Typo on the name. Nobody cares.

@CitizenBane:

They don't? :p

@ApatheticAvenger:

At least Liefeld is laughable. We3 was is his best work but not really great when you compare to other artist.

New x-men? Look at Emma's skirt. Your argument is invalid :p

BB

HAHAHA! how have I never noticed this pic before, amazing! I like Quitely a little more now

he's not my favorite artist but I think by nature of being an artist on comics with great writing (All-Star Superman, WE3, Flex Mentallo) he gets more appreciation from people (including me), also I enjoy some of his covers

Yeah, I understand the downfalls of his art style, but he collaborates so well with my favorite writer (Morrison) on such great comics I can't help but enjoy him.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Billy Batson

@RedR0bin said:

That's not Liefeld's recent work. He's improved since then.
    BB

ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Billy Batson said:

@RedR0bin said:

That's not Liefeld's recent work. He's improved since then.
    BB

So has Quitely though.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Billy Batson

@ApatheticAvenger:

nah, looks the same to me.
    BB

ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Billy Batson said:

@ApatheticAvenger:

nah, looks the same to me.
    BB

Meh, I look at his Batman and Robin work and see better art than his New X-Men (which I've always liked).

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro said:

DCnU sucks...

AMEN!!!!!

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By redhood21

let the pouching begin!!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ApatheticAvenger said:

It's comic books dude, it's always been about "gimmicks" to a certain degree. Captain America is WWII propaganda (and I love the guy), Chris Claremont fed off of civil rights issues to make the X-Men great, and Spider-Man was the first big teenage superhero rather than sidekick. Now, these aren't nearly as cheap as the gimmicks DC and Marvel use nowadays in their marketing, but to be a comic book fan is to accept that this is an industry that needs to make sales in order to thrive. The New 52 has brought in quite a few new readers, and some of the titles (Batman, Animal Man) are really good. Also, I really like Frank Quietly... anyone he and Morrison do together is great IMO.

What the industry THINKS it needs to do to make sales is effecting the quality of what I read.I haven't been reading comics that long but the more and more time that passes i'm noticing how an industry where creativity is key doesn't seem to have any.Comics used to be the only industry I could count on to be genuine.Now they are just like any other form of entertainment.It's completely watered down.New 52 bringing in New readers don't change the fact that half of those titles aren't worth the read.To be a comic fan isn't just to accept what these companies think they need to do to boost sales, because if we all stop buying this bullsh#t, they will figure it out and do better.
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to me like he has come full circle now. And if more books are cancelled, I frankly do not care. I still am a fan of Liefeld's and will continue to be until the day I die.

ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Vance Astro said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

It's comic books dude, it's always been about "gimmicks" to a certain degree. Captain America is WWII propaganda (and I love the guy), Chris Claremont fed off of civil rights issues to make the X-Men great, and Spider-Man was the first big teenage superhero rather than sidekick. Now, these aren't nearly as cheap as the gimmicks DC and Marvel use nowadays in their marketing, but to be a comic book fan is to accept that this is an industry that needs to make sales in order to thrive. The New 52 has brought in quite a few new readers, and some of the titles (Batman, Animal Man) are really good. Also, I really like Frank Quietly... anyone he and Morrison do together is great IMO.

What the industry THINKS it needs to do to make sales is effecting the quality of what I read.I haven't been reading comics that long but the more and more time that passes i'm noticing how an industry where creativity is key doesn't seem to have any.Comics used to be the only industry I could count on to be genuine.Now they are just like any other form of entertainment.It's completely watered down.New 52 bringing in New readers don't change the fact that half of those titles aren't worth the read.To be a comic fan isn't just to accept what these companies think they need to do to boost sales, because if we all stop buying this bullsh#t, they will figure it out and do better.

Dude, it's gonna be the same for every entertainment industry out there, at some point you have to get used to that or you're gonna go crazy. Industries will do what they think is gonna make a profit, and at the end of the day that's what you have to expect from them. I've been reading comics for a LONG time (since I was a little kid, I'm 21 now), and to be honest I really haven't noticed that much of a difference in the way things are done.

Comic industries are more up to date with their approach to marketing, but they've got to compete with other forms of entertainment. There are a lot of bad titles out there, but also plenty of good ones. Hell, I would even say that half of the New 52 being crap is worth it for Batman and Animal Man (or even just Batman).

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @Billy Batson said:

Liefeld>Quitely.
    BB

Agreed.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ApatheticAvenger said:

Dude, it's gonna be the same for every entertainment industry out there, at some point you have to get used to that or you're gonna go crazy. Industries will do what they think is gonna make a profit, and at the end of the day that's what you have to expect from them. I've been reading comics for a LONG time (since I was a little kid, I'm 21 now), and to be honest I really haven't noticed that much of a difference in the way things are done.

Comic industries are more up to date with their approach to marketing, but they've got to compete with other forms of entertainment. There are a lot of bad titles out there, but also plenty of good ones. Hell, I would even say that half of the New 52 being crap is worth it for Batman and Animal Man (or even just Batman).

This is the problem with the industry.You DON'T have to get used to it.If everyone stops buying things based on gimmicks,then companies will be forced to be more creative.This is the same thing I do with music and film.I pick and choose what I want to read based on the quality not based on whatever gimmick the company is pushing.I'm not buying comics anymore because someone may die in it because I know if the character is too popular they will just come back.I'm not buying into any of these events anymore because I know they are just full of gimmicks.If everyone or just a significant amount of people did what I was doing they would have change up. Some of the gimmicks that are used aren't even necessary..they aren't even done for the sake of marketing they are just used because the writer ran out of ideas or just isn't that creative.
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Vance Astro said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

This is the problem with the industry.You DON'T have to get used to it.If everyone stops buying things based on gimmicks,then companies will be forced to be more creative.This is the same thing I do with music and film.I pick and choose what I want to read based on the quality not based on whatever gimmick the company is pushing.I'm not buying comics anymore because someone may die in it because I know if the character is too popular they will just come back.I'm not buying into any of these events anymore because I know they are just full of gimmicks.If everyone or just a significant amount of people did what I was doing they would have change up. Some of the gimmicks that are used aren't even necessary..they aren't even done for the sake of marketing they are just used because the writer ran out of ideas or just isn't that creative.

The film industry is a good example. Why do they keep churning out remakes and sequels? Because people go see them. The simple fact of the matter is that most people aren't like you, they'll buy into gimmicks and it'll compel them to read or watch certain things. That's not gonna change any time soon, trust me. Like I said I've been reading comics a long time, and in my opinion the way things are done these days isn't all that different.

Like you, I buy based on what I feel is quality and I will enjoy. I don't go see a movie in the theaters unless I've read good reviews from reputable sources, and I don't buy video games unless they receive high ratings. At the same time, I'm very used to the fact that not everyone does what I do and not everyone holds the same standards I do.

Yeah, comics often advertise that a character will die in an issue, but that's not always a bad thing (look at X-Factor, which has been a consistently great series). Sometimes the gimmick used in an event doesn't turn out well (Schism, for example), but there are certainly times when it does (like The Dark Angel Saga in Uncanny X-Force).

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Oh so this guy drove his own title into the ground, so let's put him on three more. This is just how they've decided they're going to cancel Grifter, Deathstroke and Hawkman.

And Hawkman was so good, so far. *Sigh*

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@Kal'smahboi said:

Oh so this guy drove his own title into the ground, so let's put him on three more. This is just how they've decided they're going to cancel Grifter, Deathstroke and Hawkman. And Hawkman was so good, so far. *Sigh*

Do you actually believe that? The reason why people weren't taking to Hawk and Dove was because the writing was awful and the characters weren't popular enough to hold an audience.

If your going to hate on Liefeld at least do it for things that are actually his fault.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Afro_Warrior said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

Oh so this guy drove his own title into the ground, so let's put him on three more. This is just how they've decided they're going to cancel Grifter, Deathstroke and Hawkman. And Hawkman was so good, so far. *Sigh*

Do you actually believe that? The reason why people weren't taking to Hawk and Dove was because the writing was awful and the characters weren't popular enough to hold an audience.

If your going to hate on Liefeld at least do it for things that are actually his fault.

Sorry, I was under the impression that Liefeld was the creative head for Hawk and Dove. I was mistaken. Still sad to see that Daniel is leaving Hawkman, even if it's his own choice.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ApatheticAvenger said:

The film industry is a good example. Why do they keep churning out remakes and sequels? Because people go see them. The simple fact of the matter is that most people aren't like you, they'll buy into gimmicks and it'll compel them to read or watch certain things. That's not gonna change any time soon, trust me. Like I said I've been reading comics a long time, and in my opinion the way things are done these days isn't all that different.

Like you, I buy based on what I feel is quality and I will enjoy. I don't go see a movie in the theaters unless I've read good reviews from reputable sources, and I don't buy video games unless they receive high ratings. At the same time, I'm very used to the fact that not everyone does what I do and not everyone holds the same standards I do.

Yeah, comics often advertise that a character will die in an issue, but that's not always a bad thing (look at X-Factor, which has been a consistently great series). Sometimes the gimmick used in an event doesn't turn out well (Schism, for example), but there are certainly times when it does (like The Dark Angel Saga in Uncanny X-Force).

All of this is obvious to me but my point is that i'm not accepting it.DC and Marvel don't have to stop using gimmicks but i'm never going to change my opinion about it and i'm not going to accept it.Most people aren't like me..you're right but that doesn't mean the industry is any better for acknowledging it and using it to sell comics.Using the death of a character to sell comics isn't a bad gimmick..the fact that those characters almost always come back is the flaw.Cowardice when it comes to decision making isn't a trait that any company should have. 
    Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@Kal'smahboi: Meh, we all make mistakes.

Although i agree with you about Hawkman, i was enjoying the title so far. Didn't know he chose to leave though, i thought it was and editorial decision. Did he say why?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By _Zombie_

Careful, DC, you're driving me away..

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Afro_Warrior said:

@Kal'smahboi: Meh, we all make mistakes.

Although i agree with you about Hawkman, i was enjoying the title so far. Didn't know he chose to leave though, i thought it was and editorial decision. Did he say why?

I believe he chose to leave in order to focus on Detective Comics. He was feeling too much stress and had to make a decision.
    Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@Kal'smahboi:

Cheers.

It makes sense i guess. Doubt its easy to write multiple comics concurrently.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Afro_Warrior: Yeah, I don't blame him. Just disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.