How's Rob Liefeld's writing?

Avatar image for moywar700
#1 Posted by moywar700 (3013 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody always makes comments about his art but what about his writing? Is it mediocre, horrible, or great?

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
#2 Posted by deactivated-579156ff11b09 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

- I would go with horrible, the stuff I read that I know he wrote or co-wrote was pretty bad

Avatar image for x35
#3 Edited by X35 (6463 posts) - - Show Bio

Before someone says his writing on X-Force was bad...............I want to point out he didn't write X-Force, the talented Fabian Nicieza did. He came up with ideas but didn't write them.

Avatar image for adnan
#4 Posted by Adnan (1042 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Before someone says his writing on X-Force was bad...............I want to point out he didn't write X-Force, the talented Fabian Nicieza did. He came up with ideas but didn't write them.

Sounds like what he'll be doing with Grifter and Savage Hawkman - they said he's 'plotting' those titles, not writing them.
Avatar image for kidchipotle
#5 Posted by kidchipotle (15196 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

@X35 said:

Before someone says his writing on X-Force was bad...............I want to point out he didn't write X-Force, the talented Fabian Nicieza did. He came up with ideas but didn't write them.

Sounds like what he'll be doing with Grifter and Savage Hawkman - they said he's 'plotting' those titles, not writing them.

Same goes for Deathstroke.

Avatar image for adnan
#6 Posted by Adnan (1042 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArturoCalaKayVee: He's writing and drawing Deathstroke, isn't he?
Avatar image for kidchipotle
#7 Posted by kidchipotle (15196 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan: Yeah, you're right. I realized that after I submitted the post hahaha.

Avatar image for kal_smahboi
#8 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he doesn't ruin The Savage Hawkman. It's been so-so thus far, and it doesn't need another nail in its coffin.

Avatar image for rav4
#9 Posted by rav4 (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld is who they assign to a comic when they want it to die.

Avatar image for supershafe
#10 Posted by SuperShafe (482 posts) - - Show Bio

"I hit him in the jewels -- full force." Actual quote from liefields writing.

Avatar image for video_martian
#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

His writing SUCKS.

Avatar image for moywar700
#12 Posted by moywar700 (3013 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

Liefeld is who they assign to a comic when they want it to die.

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
#13 Edited by deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1 (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@Ravager4 said:

Liefeld is who they assign to a comic when they want it to die.

lol

the guy is terrible! Kyle Higgins ROCKED deathstroke, then they made him hand it to Liefield.....DC FAIL.

From Lobo to Thanos in a panel flat. If Lobo starts saying
From Lobo to Thanos in a panel flat. If Lobo starts saying "I shall have my revenge!" I'm buying a sniper rifle and some camo gear

OH and woulja look at that! pouches!

Avatar image for redmanta
#14 Posted by redmanta (580 posts) - - Show Bio

i love liefeld after hawk and fove mini

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.