Follow

Rick Remender

Person » Rick Remender is credited in 997 issues.

Rick Remender is an American writer, penciler, and inker known for his work with Marvel, Dark Horse and Image. He is acclaimed for his writing on Uncanny X-Force and Venom for Marvel. Currently, he is the writer of Uncanny Avengers and Captain America for Marvel, and his creator owned series Low for Image Comics.

Remender's Next Big Project?

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

I don't know how many of you still read the letters section, but in the most recent issue of Venom, someone wrote;

''Please don't leave! Not to say that Cullen Bunn is not a fine writer, but I want more Remender Venom. I feel that you have a grasp on the character that will be hard to measure up to. Why are you leaving? Please at least tell me you have something else coming soon from you from Marvel.''

The editor's response was;

''We're all sad to see Rick go, but fear not - America's going to be hearing some BIG news about where he'll be heading next soon.''

Could the rumours be true of a new Astonishing Avengers series? Or perhaps he'll be taking over Captain America in the next few months as Brubaker's eight year tenure comes to an end. He's also got some creator owned stuff in the works (which is currently untitled but some teasers have been released which I'll post below,) so Venom may not be the only title he's leaving. What you like to see him do next?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    _Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By _Zombie_

Remender is leaving venom?

WHAT?!

HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HotSauceCommittee
    No Caption Provided

@ZombieBigfoot:

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Zombie_

@HotSauceCommittee: Hey, it read as him leaving venom. At least the first quote.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

yeah it's confirmed that he is definitely leaving Venom

HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

@ZombieBigfoot: Oh, thought you might have been joking as this was announced quite a while ago. Cullen Bunn is helping out with the current Savage Six arc, as soon as that's finished, Remender is leaving but the series will carry on under Bunn.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@danhimself said:

yeah it's confirmed that he is definitely leaving Venom

:/

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Zombie_

@HotSauceCommittee: Well s**t. Hadn't heard that. Dunno if I'll pick it up now, have to wait and see if Bunn can keep the book good before I do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.