Anniki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Anniki

I like it.

The first issue sucked me in, but the second left me feeling a bit "meh". It didn't hold my interest, I felt like I was reading it just to finish it. I was ready to put the whole series aside, and indeed I did for a long time. Then I was bored and decided to give the third issue a chance. I'm glad I did.

When we get to see the memories S'aru the Proctor takes, that was my "oh gosh" moment. For the boys at least.

Starfire - I had the overwhelming urge to yell out "yeah! stick it to them!" and I got angry - very angry - on behalf of the little girl in those pages. She may not be helpless, and she certainly doesn't want pity, but I wanted nothing more than to hurt those who were hurting her.

Roy Harper - I wanted to take him home, feed him hot chocolate, wrap him up in a blanket and take care of him. It's also the first time I've ever imagined that Killer Croc had a "human" side. I admit it, I got a bit tearful.

Jason Todd - the tearfulness I felt reading Roy's memory was unleashed with Jason's. In those few pages, we saw everything he was and everything he could have been.

Jason Todd & Roy Harper are both the kind of bad boys I'd fall for - one is dark, sexy, mysterious and dangerous, the other is brash, bright, reckless and cute - in an ex-junkie kind of way (I never said I had good judgement). And Starfire - oh wow.

To be honest, this series is the one I've read in the New 52 that has evoked the most emotion for me. Probably because I really wasn't expecting it.

Oh, and the action is good too.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By daredevil21134

Its a great book

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bladewolf

Interesting: I also gave up after Issue #2. Maybe I should go back and give it a chance assuming I can find cheap back issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.