Is RHTO best described as Tarantino's version of comics? (PG-13)

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By wessaari

I thought this earlier, and after issue 8 i affirmed in my head, Red Hood and the Outlaws is almost work that could be done by Quentin Tarantino. This is not an insult, i love Tarantino, and i love this series. Bringing these three characters together has been an extremely pleasant surprise. I knew i would get this when i heard red hood would get his own comic, and then i looked up the dates for when the first issue would appear when i heard Roy Harper was in it, and i was preparing to pay double for having Starfire in it. If i play moments of Jason's time in the all-caste with lets say a song from a kill bill soundtrack (Lonely Shepherd). i feel my skin crawling in an awe inspiring way. I love this series and the direction Lobdell is taking it, and i doubt anyone can complain with Rocafort's art. I mean its spectacular.

granted many people dont like tarantino films, and may on the same chance not like this comic.

I want to see what people think with this comparison. For me Suzie Su looked like she came out of a Tarantino film, Crux looks like another revenge mold, Ducra is almost just like Pai Mei. the all caste society and Jason's revenge on botht he all cast and his own murder screams Kill Bill or (Kill Joker).

Dont let this come across as Lobdell got inspiration from Tarantino, i dont know where he got his inspiration from for this great series but im glad he got it.

Let me know your opinions or what you think RHTO best emulates or if you think it stands alone.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By zackattack529

not even close lmao

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By wessaari

ah darn :/ lol this forum was all because i was listening to some random Kill Bill soundtrack on my Ipod while reading Red Hood, eh but to each his own i guess :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.