Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1722 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

What job would Raven get?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 109

#1  Edited By black_wreath

So many adult superheroes have a day job like reporter, businessman, forensic scientist, test pilot, king of the seven seas etc.

What do think Rae would do for a living after when/if she graduates?

Has she shown any specific ambition? Other Titans have: Donna with her photography, Gar with his acting.

She has shown herself to be at least curious of a normal life, so what do think she'd do with herself in the future?

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's a really good question. I've never thought about that.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tim_drake4444: It would seem nobody has an answer.

Rachel Roth and her normal life have no future, she will only be Raven.

One job I'd like to see her take eventually though: usurper of Trigon's throne.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Outside_85

It's a dangerous route to take her really, from a story telling perspective that is.

That said, I have imagined it. Imagine like if Kingdom Come had part of where Superman and his allies were looking for a prison to keep their felons, like they went to Apokolips and ask Orion, they could have ventured into Hell to ask Raven the same, now preoccupied with keeping the inferno from spilling onto Earth... and none too happy about having been nearly forgotten.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath said:

It's a dangerous route to take her really, from a story telling perspective that is.

That said, I have imagined it. Imagine like if Kingdom Come had part of where Superman and his allies were looking for a prison to keep their felons, like they went to Apokolips and ask Orion, they could have ventured into Hell to ask Raven the same, now preoccupied with keeping the inferno from spilling onto Earth... and none too happy about having been nearly forgotten.

That would've been major sweet, would've been nice to at least know where she was. Missed opportunities...

The story I envision would be her taking it reluctantly while it eventually corrupts her, kind of Godfather-ish. I guess it would be non-canon.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fortune Teller? Shop Owner of sorts?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would've been major sweet, would've been nice to at least know where she was. Missed opportunities...

The story I envision would be her taking it reluctantly while it eventually corrupts her, kind of Godfather-ish. I guess it would be non-canon.

Think we have to blame Hughes for that one, because he is on record for saying he didn't really like any DC characters that were made after 1980 or something like that... hence why none of the new additions to NTT appears in KC or Justice.

Well, my idea would end up sort of the same as yours, maybe not corrupted as such, but very bitter and not overly concerned about the brewing conflict between Superman and Batman. She'd have no reason to side with Superman, because he gave up and she might find it upsetting they were considering using Hell as a correctional facility. And she wouldn't have any reason to side with Batman either because she felt Dick and Starfire (in particular) just forgot about her. Thing is that visits from both sides would eventually prompt her to return to Earth to reconcile.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

I could see that. If it was a shop, I'd imagine it would be a small one.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath said:

Think we have to blame Hughes for that one, because he is on record for saying he didn't really like any DC characters that were made after 1980 or something like that... hence why none of the new additions to NTT appears in KC or Justice.

Well, my idea would end up sort of the same as yours, maybe not corrupted as such, but very bitter and not overly concerned about the brewing conflict between Superman and Batman. She'd have no reason to side with Superman, because he gave up and she might find it upsetting they were considering using Hell as a correctional facility. And she wouldn't have any reason to side with Batman either because she felt Dick and Starfire (in particular) just forgot about her. Thing is that visits from both sides would eventually prompt her to return to Earth to reconcile.

That would be cool, new layers to Rae and Kori's relationship is always welcome. I can't believe they never got a regular team up series.

@scouterv said:

I did think of this but the idea of her hawking products to the general public seemed a bit un-Raveny.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ScouterV

@outside_85 said:
    @black_wreath said:

That would be cool, new layers to Rae and Kori's relationship is always welcome. I can't believe they never got a regular team up series.

@scouterv said:

I did think of this but the idea of her hawking products to the general public seemed a bit un-Raveny.

It'll probably be more like an antique shop/coffee house. The place the goth crowd would love. Dark decor and the like. It's not stuff everyone would like, but she has a niche clientele that consists of outcasts and the heroic community...or villainous one.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @black_wreath said:
    @scouterv said:

It'll probably be more like an antique shop/coffee house. The place the goth crowd would love. Dark decor and the like. It's not stuff everyone would like, but she has a niche clientele that consists of outcasts and the heroic community...or villainous one.

Though I never played DC Universe Online I do remember reading she was a store owner for mystical items or something like that in it so maybe you're right...

Failing that she could have a successful (but painful) career as a paramedic.

brickwall32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she would most liking running an underground sanctuary (located in a different dimension) for people who are sick of the death and destruction because lets face it the Earth in DC comics is a horrible place to live. I don't care what light they put it in any planet that sees as many invasions is kind of the last place you would find someone who has to constantly keep her emotions and as a result her powers in check. But if she did choose to stay on earth then I agree with Black_Wreath in that she would be a paramedic.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she would most liking running an underground sanctuary (located in a different dimension) for people who are sick of the death and destruction because lets face it the Earth in DC comics is a horrible place to live. I don't care what light they put it in any planet that sees as many invasions is kind of the last place you would find someone who has to constantly keep her emotions and as a result her powers in check. But if she did choose to stay on earth then I agree with Black_Wreath in that she would be a paramedic.

I like this idea, her starting a haven like her own version of Azarath.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see her working at a small music shop part time, lol. That's all I have for now.

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the obvious choice would be a therapist or counselor since she has her empathic abilities. But some other options could be a priestess (maybe of the religion of azerath of another) or an author. Although I don't see her character doing perusing this, she would make a good detective.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Either

Yoga/Meditation Instrutor

Priestress or Exorcist

Therapist or Psycologist

Owner of Magic Shop

brickwall32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: out of those choices I would have to say priestess or therapist. The others don't seem like something Raven would do, but that is my opinion.

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rethinking this, being a therapist might give her an overload of emotion leading to trigon and stuff. She might choose a career that wouldn't put her in jeopardy.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsalmavet: She could maybe also gain greater understanding and control of her own feelings through helping others deal with there's?

Just going to throw full-time charity work out there. Gotta try and fill that bottomless guilt chasm somehow.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 SC  Moderator

Minor Youtube celebrity, her channel will focus primarily on make up tips for goths, and video game Lets Plays, and occasionally she'll have some of her friends join in and help out. Two player/multiplayer games and the like. However occasionally she'll release general vlogs, and cover new trends to try and increase her subscription numbers. ASMR videos, twerking, Marvel movie reviews etc. Oh and Reactions obvs. Might make a secondary Youtube channel after a few months. One of the channels will be called Thats So Raven.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: She's camera-shy.

It would be a blog.

With an impressive vocabulary and paragraphs that dwarf even yours.

And it would be loved ironically. :P

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SC  Moderator

@black_wreath: Starfire would record her secretly at first then use that as leverage to get her to vlog voluntarily. Beast Boy will help. Naturally she would blog as well, and do fan art and Poetry on Deviant art, she'd have a Tumblr, Etsy, no Twitter… Instagram?!? She'd occasionally browse 4 Chan, /co/ specifically to see if they were talking about her and various conflicting emotions about what is said/drawn etc

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Jeez Rae, anything to avoid actually going outside huh?

How will she be making a living off her conglomerate of creativity and its (presumably) depressing content?

I gotta know, what's her fan art of? Other than ponies ;)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SC  Moderator

@black_wreath: Can't risk getting a tan. Wait… there are types of fan art that aren't ponies? Shocked emoji.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She could marry Orion and have a kid strong enough to destroy Trigon and when the time is right... Kill Orion.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Yep, there's also Raven fan art!

Ponies and Raven. :D

Kurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lawyer or business person

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason I am now thinking 'piano teacher' or 'piano player'. All in all I do envision her as the kind of person who plays a classical (or old fashioned) instrument when no one is nearby, partly because she doesn't think she's good enough to listen to, but mostly because she does it for her own sake. Piano, violin, flute perhaps, organ (proper one like in an old church, not electric), something that can be plaid on it's own without needing a backup band... no bagpipes.

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By totu

I can see her becoming a librarian, if not an antique library owner. Something related with books as she likes to read and she don't like that much a social life. But I also like the idea of taking Trigon throne and place at some point (without necessary becoming as extremely evil as he).

Or maybe keeping that in secret and play along as nothing happened while having her own misterious plans behind the courtain and secretly pulling strings and arranging events from the shadows.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven as a librarian seems kinda, cliché? Doesn't it? Not that I think it's bad or unfitting for her, it just sounds a bit predictable that the mystic bookworm became a librarian. But I have to admit I am not above using that profession myself in my own writing... in one case I made her the librarian of a Themyscira that didn't have anyone with the interest. (basically the Amazons had been out trying to enforce their world view on others and had looted alot of other collections of books along the way... it's a medieval world).

The taking of Trigons throne is an interesting future story I really do hope DC does one day. Like we usually get the likes of Robin->Batman, Wonder Girl->Wonder Woman, while the non-legacy characters normally are just older versions of themselves. Like I am sort of hoping one day for something like the Legion of Superheroes or similar wind up in her world and just bump into her, though I could also imagine Raven having been less fortunate in such an event.

Kurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason I am now thinking 'piano teacher' or 'piano player'. All in all I do envision her as the kind of person who plays a classical (or old fashioned) instrument when no one is nearby, partly because she doesn't think she's good enough to listen to, but mostly because she does it for her own sake. Piano, violin, flute perhaps, organ (proper one like in an old church, not electric), something that can be plaid on it's own without needing a backup band... no bagpipes.

Same! I do so myself.

Librarian, small shop owner, etc are great and all, but I believe Raven is more than capable of ascending the ranks of society using her intellect. She appears to be analytical in nature, and her reading skills are obviously above average. I believe this would make her an excellent attorney. Despite the cliches on TV, most lawyers are introverts and spend less than 1% of their time litigating in court. It comes down to analytical reading and writing which Raven strikes me as being a match for. Even if she needed to litigate, I believe her alternative personality in the emoticlones episode would allow her to put on a facade for a short period of time.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurk said:
    @outside_85 said:

Same! I do so myself.

Librarian, small shop owner, etc are great and all, but I believe Raven is more than capable of ascending the ranks of society using her intellect. She appears to be analytical in nature, and her reading skills are obviously above average. I believe this would make her an excellent attorney. Despite the cliches on TV, most lawyers are introverts and spend less than 1% of their time litigating in court. It comes down to analytical reading and writing which Raven strikes me as being a match for. Even if she needed to litigate, I believe her alternative personality in the emoticlones episode would allow her to put on a facade for a short period of time.

Tbh, with Raven's particular condition, I would think she'd steer clear of anything stressful or hectic... and a lawyer, a high end one that is, seems like a really stressful profession to get into, since on some level you are holding a persons life in your hands. Your skills at fact finding and argumentation is what's going to save or condemn people to jail.

I got thinking of music because it's the kind of thing you seem to be able to disappear into while you are performing and let the noises the instrument makes do all the work for you, which I would imagine is actually a kind of meditation in it's own way.

Plus if she's playing the piano and Beast Boy annoyed her she can just chase after him with the piano while playing the William Tell Overture. :)

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By totu

@outside_85 said:

Raven as a librarian seems kinda, cliché? Doesn't it? Not that I think it's bad or unfitting for her, it just sounds a bit predictable that the mystic bookworm became a librarian. But I have to admit I am not above using that profession myself in my own writing... in one case I made her the librarian of a Themyscira that didn't have anyone with the interest. (basically the Amazons had been out trying to enforce their world view on others and had looted alot of other collections of books along the way... it's a medieval world).

The taking of Trigons throne is an interesting future story I really do hope DC does one day. Like we usually get the likes of Robin->Batman, Wonder Girl->Wonder Woman, while the non-legacy characters normally are just older versions of themselves. Like I am sort of hoping one day for something like the Legion of Superheroes or similar wind up in her world and just bump into her, though I could also imagine Raven having been less fortunate in such an event.

It might look as a cliche indeed but on the other hand I do think its the most fit "civilian (or human) job" for her.

She doesn't crave for a role with visible public exposition, quite contrary want to stay more hidden, and she does like to read a lot. An antique book shop owner seem to be another fitting job.

Iirc her brothers were runing at some point a big casino in Las Vegas while she had a tribute rock band that was inspired by her, maybe Raven can open a coffee shop or a goth/rock metal club. Maybe have classic music nights too there, as the piano was mentioned.

Beast Boy will be all over the place there showing of on his media connections and I am sure many will attend or go there to have fun or have few drinks. Titans, JL, probably some villains too from time to time

About taking Trigon throne, that is something I will like to see at some point. Even if she will be powerful enough to take it from Trigon (or Trigon will be missing for some other reason, like that clash with the Presence) I will like to see her however even more devious than her father and wanting to play more with the prey, not just step over and kill or enslave everyone right away.

I can see her hiding the fact she is the new ruler of the underworld and laying down some long term plans behind the curtains while pretending she is still with the good guys and playing along. For shocking effect she might secretly take down Etrigan for example (not necessary outright killing him, maybe just imprison him in some hidden dimension), to stop him to reveal her new position to the others, or some from the JL Dark for the same reason.

Alternatively she might still be with the good guys and just take over Trigon position to avoid others like her brothers to do that and aquire too much power, but she will keep that secret to not make the things very spooky for everyone around.

Kurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh, with Raven's particular condition, I would think she'd steer clear of anything stressful or hectic... and a lawyer, a high end one that is, seems like a really stressful profession to get into, since on some level you are holding a persons life in your hands. Your skills at fact finding and argumentation is what's going to save or condemn people to jail.

Perhaps; if not a lawyer then maybe a judicial clerk. They don't litigate at all and it's considered to be very low stress. You simply advise the Judge on former court cases to help them formulate a decision. A little more prestigious than librarian too.

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one I don't see Raven as the type to look for some more visible or prestigious job, neither the kind that imply lots of interactions with people and being constantly in contact with their emotions.

If she will get one I see it as something a bit more secluded and tranquil, and something she will also enjoy at least a bit (so nothing too stressful even if will imply big paychecks). Thats why the librarian one comes first in my mind

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Housewife.?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Running a nightclub? Hmm... I don't really see it unless she is the manager and she has others to do the busy work like managing the bar, like during the evening you constantly have 20 people or more shouting at you to get their orders and most of the time you have to struggle to hear what they are asking.

A clerk? That could work.

Taking over from Trigon. I would actually imagine Raven managing for to remain on the straight and narrow, largely by trying to ignore the lands as much as possible. She has them, the demons down there bow to her and she will fight to keep it as her own... but only because the lands can and most likely will be used against her and Earth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.