Follow

Rachel Summers

Character » Rachel Summers appears in 2865 issues.

Rachel Summers is the daughter of Cyclops and Jean Grey from the alternate "Days of Future Past" timeline. She was forced to become a mutant "hound" and track other mutants before escaping to the present. Rachel has immense telekinetic and telepathic powers. Rachel was also a longtime host to the Phoenix Force.

Regenesis

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By scuzz2.0

will she be revealed to be on one of the teams? what will happen to her if shes not? i havent seen a shadow that i thought was her tho there is a phew that i cant tell so she could be one of them.
    jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jcbart

She's in X-Men: Legacy :) I really hope that there are a few things they sort out in terms of Rachel. 
    1) Clarify what's happened to her powers. She touched the Phoenix sword in Rise & Fall of The Shi'ar Empire and had a stronger, blue flame. Then she apparently lost her connection to the Phoenix Force and whispered, "Not now.. mom" leading to my next point 
    2) Why did she lose the Phoenix Force? What's going on with Jean and what does she know (this is what I hope her message was about)? 
    3) I hope they show her interacting with Psylocke and Shadowcat, both of which are good friends with her so it would make sense for them to be relieved to see her alive and well. Especially the whole Rachel/Betsy thing, since as far as Rachel knows Psylocke is still hopping around dimensions.

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By scuzz2.0

just saw that she was in, thats awesome, i hope shes not just a back up. i just noticed that none of the younger characters are there, do you think thats bcause there not officially on a team? it would have been cool to see hellion, mercury ect, play a bigger part.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @scuzz2.0 said:
    just saw that she was in, thats awesome, i hope shes not just a back up. i just noticed that none of the younger characters are there, do you think thats bcause there not officially on a team? it would have been cool to see hellion, mercury ect, play a bigger part.
    She's on legacy so everyone in that title gets decent panel time, though rogue gets more. 
    Also rachel's hound markings are far more defined, so they have to explain why she's not hiding them anymore 
    and i want to know wuts up with hellion he vanished O_O
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Namor1987

Can someone a X-Men Legacy picture best line-up since their all outcasts. Surge or X-23 or Hellion would be great

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By KDarkholme

@EnSabahNurX: @scuzz2.0: @Namor1987: Rachel is def going with Logan to the school. Surge is staying with Scott on Utopia, while X-23 of course is going with Logan. Hellion and Mercury are going with Logan. I hope everyone has a bigger role to play since the team is broken up.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Kairan1979
    @KDarkholme

while X-23 of course is going with Logan

What about her question? Looks like she is not thrilled by having only two choices. Maybe she could temporary stay in Avengers Academy.
    KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KDarkholme

@Kairan1979: I hope she stays in Avengers Academy. I like when they branch the characters out into different stories and teams. What question does she have?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Kairan1979
    @KDarkholme
    "Is there any other choice?"
    KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KDarkholme

@Kairan1979: I think there could have been another choice. She could have stayed with Scott but she has a bond with Logan and trusts him more than Scott. She knows Logan has her best interest in mind all the time.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty

Back on subject, I'm really happy at the inclusion of Rachel in Legacy. Plus it keeps her the other side of the country from her not-quite brother, Nate Gray.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Namor1987

I think X-23 & Surge will receive "outpatient therapy" like they come to JG Institute for their classes & leave. I honestly don't seeing X-23 sticking around in a school since I recalled her hating Xavier's Institute. Surge needs to come & leave since she's a upper-class mutant & how many upperclassmen do you know stay all day on campus after class nowadays? Rachel's depicted as a grown-woman now so she'll probably receive additional training upon request in private. X-23 will probably be a trainer/member in Avenger's Academy I see her bonding with Finesse & Hazmat most.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By frogjitsu

@jcbart said:

I hope they show her interacting with Psylocke and Shadowcat, both of which are good friends with her so it would make sense for them to be relieved to see her alive and well. Especially the whole Rachel/Betsy thing, since as far as Rachel knows Psylocke is still hopping around dimensions.

I'd like this, but I doubt they show it.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IcePrince_X

I am just glad Rachel is back now.

Just don't like how the artist is not consistent with her facial tattoos... also what ever happened to her phoenix tattoo?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@IcePrince_X said:

I am just glad Rachel is back now.

Just don't like how the artist is not consistent with her facial tattoos... also what ever happened to her phoenix tattoo?

I'm sure its still on her back, artists just forget to draw it peeking out

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.