Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

The Psylocke complexity

Zaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 67

#1  Edited By Zaber

Psylocke has been gotten through the worst moments. I realize that Psylocke and Australian X-Men are invisible to anyone, but they were sacrificed by Forge in which destroyed the "invisible" that keeps them unable from anyone to read their minds, anyone can not trouch anyone. So, Forge's magic is far more powerful than I thought. By the way, Psylocke has been confused all the years in the story by the writers. Well, I love Psylocke, but her future is unpredictable.  

There are too many things for the worst thing to come for Elisabeth Braddock in the list:

There is no way for you to figure Psylocke out. Psylocke wins the character the best out of anyone in the universe as she is the world's unpredictable fighting spirit of a warrior. You know how to figure Jean Grey out before she becomes the Phoenix. I m talking about Psylocke. Psylocke is the worst thing that no one figures out who is really Elisabeth and even she can not figure herself either. Until now, she finally gets all her life by herself, starting a fresh life. Gee, she feels better than ever in her entire life. 
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Baddamdog

I don't understand what you're trying to say?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

Psylocke is really complicated yes but things change and things change back. The eyes given to her by Mojo aren't an issue since that was her original body which died. Forge sacrificed the X-Men but it was Roma that brought them back and made them invisible to electronics, that has long since worn off. She was put in a different body but didn't have all her memories and powers until her original body died now she's got the best of both. She swapped her telepathy for Jean Grey's telekinesis but after she died and was brought back by her brother Jamie she's got both. He views reality as a bunch of strings and by manipulating those strings he changes things so he fixed her and removed any extra strings so she was immune to telepathy for a while and her body couldn't be altered even by reality warping. Then she spent some time with the Exiles where Slaymaster was killing alternate versions of herself which reinforced her powers again so now she's got telepathy and telekinesis.

So she's a British woman in an Asian woman's body with telepathy, telekinesis and ninja skills. Despite her history that's mainly what you need to know.

Zaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 67

#4  Edited By Zaber
    @Baddamdog: I am sorry for the confusion. I have no idea what I am gonna say about that forum. I actually wanted to complete the quest for that. 

@PrinceIMC: I see!  
    Avatar image for autodidacticlad
    AutodidacticLad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AutodidacticLad

I don't see how Psylocke is any more complex that any other character with 30+ years of backstory. All of them have been bounced around between a multitude of writers and plotlines and retcons (BTW - The Phoenix Saga? Retcon. They're everywhere), many of which are never resolved, or, as in Betsy's case, take decades to be addressed. I think the only thing that makes Psylocke unique in comparison to the other X-Characters is that a large piece of her history takes place outside of the X-Books. Other than that it's fairly easy to follow.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By MrUnknown
    @AutodidacticLad: Well I think she is quite complex but it should not be a boundary that alienates readers. Some complexity in a character is quite good and makes the character unique.
    Avatar image for autodidacticlad
    AutodidacticLad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AutodidacticLad
    @MrUnknown

I don't feel like it's a barrier at all. I feel like it has been exxaggerated by some people into a "problem" with her character. I disagree with that. I like that she has a mildly confusing past.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By MrUnknown
    @AutodidacticLad: That's exactly what I said. Except it's a boundary in the sense that the average person will not know that she was body-swapped and is actually British.
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By ragdollpurps

All the peculiar things that have happened to Psylocke and her having to deal with those things are what make her such a great and interesting character, imo. 

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Outside_85

Wonder if marvel aped DC and rebooted everything, would they clear her back story up? (hope not)

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Tazirai

I love her backstory and she's not as complicated as it seems. Only newer readers think so. Her history went a little screwy in the 90's but is near back on track. 
    Remender understands her past. The problem that Psylocke had was that no artists or writers knew what to do with her. SHe's english in an eurasian body. But many think she's 100% asian.. and now lives an asian influenced life.. she doesn't. Who she is mentally is the same. That's why I'm glad Remender has her. 
    Now if she can get a new costume.....

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By ragdollpurps

I think the thing that overwhelms people and makes them jump to the "convoluted character" tag is the fact that she's died a handful of times. The only really confusing effect that had though, was on her powers. Despite that however, like Tazirai said, she's not all that complicated. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator

The last two posts (by two big Psylocke experts mind you as well) are very well said.  

Cool thread title though. Needs to be the name of a story arc lol

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jcbart

Psylocke is complex but not confusing, in my opinion the best person who has written her in the past decade is Chris Yost in her mini series. He addressed the psychological distress she was going through, which of course is understandable and has not been touched upon very much. 

Now if only Remender can give her a new costume before Uncanny X-Force ends... I really don't think her bathing suit does anything for her reputation as a 'dumb asian ninja whore from the 90's'.. 

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Thunderscream
    @jcbart said:
    her reputation as a 'dumb asian ninja whore from the 90's'.. 
    ....I wasn't aware that was her reputation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.