Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Psylocke & the Phoenix Force

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Edited By StormyWeather

Psylocke is a telepath, howcome she was never an avatar for the Phoenix force?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

They teased it once back in 2000 I think it was when the X-Men books jumped forward 6 months. The X-Men were in space and Psylocke had to use her telekinesis to shield them on the way down kinda like Jean did when she first became the Phoenix. But nothing ever came of it.
    MJ_Watson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MJ_Watson

Because being a telepath does not automatically make you a candidate for the Phoenix Force, let alone allow you to actually become an avatar.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Since she now apparently is omega-level it wouldn't be a problem i guess.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By riri4life

Yeah...didn't she swap powers w/ Jean or Rachel briefly??? *looks for the scans*

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StormyWeather
    @MJ_Watson:  well it made Prof X, Emma, and the Cuckoos susceptible , they're just telepaths
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @fesak said:
    " Since she now apparently is omega-level it wouldn't be a problem i guess. "
    She isn't.
    @StormyWeather said:
    " @MJ_Watson:  well it made Prof X, Emma, and the Cuckoos susceptible , they're just telepaths "

And all of those telepaths are far more powerful than Psylocke. However none of them actually became "Jean level" hosts for the Phoenix. It takes more than just being some random telepath to become host to the PF.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @StormyWeather said:
    " @MJ_Watson:  well it made Prof X, Emma, and the Cuckoos susceptible , they're just telepaths "
    The Phoenix was an echo within the Cuckoos, when they tried bearing the full brunt of it they went bonkers if I'm remember correctly. All they could handle was a portion. Not familiar enough with Prof X.'s experience on it to say. Emma couldn't handle the Phoenix, it burned through her pretty quickly.  

Emma and Prof X. > Psylocke. 
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm said:
    " @fesak said:
    She isn't.
    @StormyWeather said:

And all of those telepaths are far more powerful than Psylocke. However none of them actually became "Jean level" hosts for the Phoenix. It takes more than just being some random telepath to become host to the PF. "

What do you mean Jean Level? If Psylocke is omega as Remender says her power is unlimited, thus she'll have no problem hosting the phoenix.
    There are not different levels of omega, unlimited means unlimited.
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @fesak said:
    " @Son Of Storm said:
    " @fesak said:
    She isn't.
    @StormyWeather said:

And all of those telepaths are far more powerful than Psylocke. However none of them actually became "Jean level" hosts for the Phoenix. It takes more than just being some random telepath to become host to the PF. "
     What do you mean Jean Level? If Psylocke is omega as Remender says her power is unlimited, thus she'll have no problem hosting the phoenix. There are not different levels of omega, unlimited means unlimited. "
    But that's just it. She isn't an omega. None of her current depictions would classified her as that. And Rememder never said she was an omega.

And I mean "Jean level" as in they couldn't use the PF. The Cuckoos were just bad writing. They are consistently shown to be lesser than Emma yet they were able to hold the fraction of the PF when she couldn't.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EnSabahNurX

She never became phoenix because her hair is purple XD and her symbol is a butterfly

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thunderscream
    @Son Of Storm: Remender said he sees Psylocke as an omega telepath, the execution of which we've yet to see (and hopefully won't, myself and most other Betsy fans don't like the idea)

She may not be the most powerful tepe, but what sets her apart is her physical prowess...which I just don't see meshing well with the godly qualities the Phoenix Force endows it's host with.

although i despised the storyline, Bets's big bro, Jamie was an integral link in a chain of mutants (The Foursaken) associated with what turned out to be the "Anti-Phoenix" (ugh) and she had been resurrected and modified to be the ultimate weapon against the creature....it's a stretch
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @Thunderscream
    Well writers see their characters as something all the time. But I do agree she hasn't been shown to do the slightest thing that puts her in that category.
    StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StormyWeather
    @riri4life:  i thought Jean "gave" her powers or something if im not mistaken, idk i could be saying that wrong, but shes not an Omega level mutant b/c her telepathy isn't as strong as it once was, but she also has telekinetic abilities now, but not as powerful as Jean or Hellion
    StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StormyWeather
    @The Dark Huntress:  but she WAS a powerful telepath when she first joined the XMen before that body swap with Kwannon....right? lol i ahvent read everything so im not certain
    GaeaPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GaeaPhoenix

Read Phoenix Endsong. It tells how one can become a phoenix. just read between the lines. Her soul must resonaite with the Phoenix. Also Betts isn't a Jean level. She could be. But the writers probably didn't want her to become so powerful.
    StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StormyWeather
    @GaeaPhoenix:  thanks for the suggestion, ur probably right....can't have EVERYONE bein able to do that lol
    StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StormyWeather

writers kinda confuse u a bit, i always thought that the Cuckoos were potentially more powerful than Emma, but because Emma is older and more experienced..yea lol, i also read somewhere that the Cuckoos diamond form didn't have a flaw like Emma's does (has nothin to do with PF i kno lol)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.