Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Precognition

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunderscream

I wish they'd make more use of this ability in Betsy. It used to be one of her main powers back in the UK and it makes her more unique as a psionic.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Baddamdog
    @Thunderscream: same here, I remember her using it under Chris Claremont and Jim Lee'd run, but she hasn't been shown to use it in years
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thunderscream

@Baddamdog: I think there was an allusion to it during Claremont's X-Treme X-Men run....like she had a vision of her death, leading to her flirtation with Neal (prompting her and Warren's breakup) and taking her free spiritedness to a whole new level to enjoy what was left of her life before it was ended by Vargas.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

@Thunderscream said:

@Baddamdog: leading to her flirtation with Neal (prompting her and Warren's breakup) and taking her free spiritedness to a whole new level

Warren dumped Betsy long before X-Treme started. He wanted what Scott & Jean had... and so Betsy ended up having that with Neal instead.

@Baddamdog said:

@Thunderscream: same here, I remember her using it under Chris Claremont and Jim Lee'd run, but she hasn't been shown to use it in years

It was always a handy power to have, but as her powers (and body) have been used, warped, altered & abused to much then I guess she might not have it any more.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StormyWeather

@Thunderscream: but due to her body swap didn't she lose that ability? wasn't it said that this body swap kinda lowered her telepathy level?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thunderscream

@StormyWeather: It lowered her power levels because along with a split psyche, both her and Kwannon divided the power. Kwannon was simply an empath before the incident so her body was less adept at housing so much power.

It seems to me that since her telepathy survived the transfer, precognition would follow suite.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StormyWeather

@Thunderscream: but i totally agree with u tho, she'd be way more badass with that ability!! and it DOES make her different from the other telepaths

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StormyWeather

@Thunderscream: that's true, but with comics u never kno...was it said that Kwannon's body couldn't house Betsy's power? I don't wanna sound as tho i don't believe u lol, i just wanna kno where u heard that? it sounds pretty sound tho so im DEFINITELY inclined to believe u

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Baddamdog

@StormyWeather: No, Psylocke still had it after the body swapped, it was used in X-Men #4 (1992)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

She's had her powers & body messed with even more since 1992 though :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.