Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Is Rick Remender representing Psylocke justly?

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jcbart

I say this after finally catching up on the past three issues of Uncanny X-Force. From what I could interpret, Betsy seemed rather.. faux action girl, if you will. Granted, Remender has been focussing on the growing threat that is Archangel, however in my opinion at the expense of Psylocke's character. For the past few issues all she seems to be doing is asking "Warren, are you alright? Warren, you didn't come meet up with me, what's wrong? I'm worried about Warren". To me, she's been showing symptoms of the 'whiny girlfriend' rather than a warrior who is genuinely concerned for her partner's well being. 
    So far Remender's writing has been spot on apart from this. Does anyone else agree?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Outside_85

well, they do have a long history together.

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wattup

I know what you mean as I remember her being written back in the day as being rather self-assured and emotionally cold. 

Still, I'll wait for how Remender's story progresses. As you said, his work's been spot-on thus far.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By ragdollpurps

I like how he's been handling every aspect of her character EXCEPT her relationship with Warren. She does come off as mothering and whiny and like Wattup said, Besty used to be confident, cool and collected. There have been a few panels from some upcoming issues that I've seen where she's treated like a pushover by Angel which, to me, seemed extremely out of character for her. We'll see though. Personally, I would love to see a flirtatious Betsy again... With all this stuff going on with Warren, I'd love for it to be setting the stage for some juicy interaction with Fantomex, but that's just the fangirl in me. :P

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By MrUnknown

I think Betsy and Warren is a terrible relationship. When we saw it in issue 1 it sort of came out of nowhere. It's still league's better than Betsy and Logan. But, I too, think Betsy and Fantomex would be a better combo.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I actually like how he has managed her relationship with Warren well, though Warren's increased level of dependence on her TP is...interesting. Not sure if it's a bad thing but I think it makes him seem a little weak willed.I also think he could do more with her TK. It seems her powers constantly fluctuate, with her now relying more on her telepathy, which has been more impressive under Remender than previous writers, but she hardly uses TK at all, and when she does it does not seem as powerful as it used to be. I think Yost had a better handle and balance on her powers.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Baddamdog

I love the way he writes her

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Tazirai

Funny thing is .. although I don't have a like or dislike of the Eurasian Psylocke. I think th best thing Fraction ever did was bring her back. Why? Because she fell into Remenders hands.  
    On CBR forums I changed my sig to Say "Remender gets me..." As in i'm Psylocke  and this is the only writer who has Gotten me over the years. The ONLY one.  I used to think Carey would write an awesome Psylocke.. and he would. But Remender actually understands her history and her personality.  He truly gets her. He even wants to give her a new costume.. Thats what I want, and I hope he's able to do it. It's about time IMHO.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Baddamdog
    @Tazirai said:
    Funny thing is .. although I don't have a like or dislike of the Eurasian Psylocke. I think th best thing Fraction ever did was bring her back. Why? Because she fell into Remenders hands.  On CBR forums I changed my sig to Say "Remender gets me..." As in i'm Psylocke  and this is the only writer who has Gotten me over the years. The ONLY one.  I used to think Carey would write an awesome Psylocke.. and he would. But Remender actually understands her history and her personality.  He truly gets her. He even wants to give her a new costume.. Thats what I want, and I hope he's able to do it. It's about time IMHO.
    I think we may be long lost siblings
    Avatar image for autodidacticlad
    AutodidacticLad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AutodidacticLad

I never liked the Psylocke-Archangel relationship. I think it's one of the elements in her backstory that led to her decline in populatiry in the series and eventual death.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Well the reason psylocke is acting sorry worrisome is because it's to show that her sessions maintaining warren's alter ego has made her treat warren like her child. It's often what happens in relationships where you are taking care of someone you tend to become like a mother/fatherly figure,  I think it makes sense for psylocke to be concerned especially since she is afraid of the archangel persona. It's a combination love, fear, and sympathy 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.