Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Hypothetical Question, Feed back please.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

On the World of Psylocke FB page, we were discussing how silly we think the Fantomex story is, and how damaging it is to UXF. One of the more Common Consensus things was that, If Psylocke moves on, we'd like her to be single.

After a time of being single she and Wolverine would hook up for booty calls and what not, since She and he have had a long history together. We could also see them being intimate but not dating.

So one of the members mentioned Wolverine and Psylocke having the most in common, and he may have been attracted to her for a long time.

I mentioned that I think it went way back to her old body. Since she, Storm, and Wolverine were pretty much the heart of the Massacre/Aussie team.

Another member said he was probably more attracted to her new body over the old.

No Caption Provided

So it got me thinking, Why do people hate on the old body so much? Outside of her being a fighter or not. Why is it when people are asked, they say asian is hotter? Would it have been this way were she drawn with current day Artists? What if Psylocke was drawn by Jim Lee and not Silvestri or Adams from X-men 214 and up, would that have made a difference? I mean before she was Eurasian, she was a Top Supermodel, known for her stunning looks and tall shapely figure. So why do people think she was somehow frumpy and didn't care how she looked? Was the Claremont portrayal? Or is it just Being Asian = exotic = better thing?

I'm really interested to know. As for me I appreciate both bodies, like the white one more, and am Happy to see her as not just ass in a thong now.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By ragdollpurps

Let's just say that it seems like most heterosexual male fans of Betsy like her because they fetishize her 'exotic' Asian body as much as you fetishize her English body. ¬_¬

And don't try to tell me you don't...

...I've seen your artwork on DA.

I think everyone needs to quit beating a dead horse by worrying about which body she's occupying and who she's sleeping with, and start paying more attention to her personality and future character development.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Never said I didn't Just asked a question, anything wrong with that? People are always gonna be concerned about both the things you say they shouldn't. Doesn't mean we don't like the character less, regardless if people wanna hear it or not.

People will always talk about her bodies..

People will always talk about fantomex or angel or Wolverine, some will bring up her perving over doug.

People will always claim she's more omega an badass than the next omega badass. It's part of being fans of characters we will ALWAYS beat a dead horse, theres a reason for the trope. As far as her personality goes, Woods seems to be giving her one again as remender and Yost did, Humphries is still undecided. I'll pay attention to her character development forever. I don't hide my art whatsoever.. not ashamed of it. Doesn't invalidate me asking the question of what if? Hell Marvel has series of What ifs... Sorry if it offended you.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I really like the fact the Wolverine and Psylocke have this deep platonic bond. It started when she proved herself to the team by fending off Sabretooth in her Brit bod and carried through after they reunited outside the Siege Perilous in Madripoor after the Mandarin & Spiral intertwined her with Kwannon. It's a complicated story...but I love it and even though I love imagining how things would be different if she had reverted somehow to her original form, I love that she's made peace with herself. I'm a gay man but I still find her sexy and compelling; whichever skin she's wearing.

I kinda get this whole triad of love thing with each brain of Fantomex and Betsy caught up in the middle. I admit I aaaaalmost bought the latest issue even though I gave up on the series...but the art is pretty wonderful and the book is about as Psylockecentric it gets. I still stand by my initial dislike of the immediate match-up with Fanto following the incredibly heart-wrenching demise of Archangel's original psyche. I think of Betsy as a free spirit, not just concerning her romantic entanglements but just in life, forever the "action junky"...but even with her sorrow sacrificed....it all still feels much colder than I'd like to think she is at heart. I'm not sure why this is the second time that writers have tried to make her so hard and emotionless. (Remember the Crimson Dawn and how "chilly" her disposition was?)

If she were to get involved with anyone, it'd have to be another warrior spirit. Kylun comes to mind, but not Wolverine...they have too much respect for one another.

I have one of those super unpopular opinions: Wolverine shouldn't be with Jean, Ororo OR Betsy. I really only see him with Domino. (Or Dani Moonstar....hush now, she's a big girl now)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.