Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

AoA Psylocke...actually just Kwannon?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunderscream
    No Caption Provided
    Earth-295: The Age of Apocalypse
    Earth-295: The Age of Apocalypse

After seeing the most recent solicits I can't help but notice Betsy as she was when she took the helm as Captain Britain back in the day. Could it be possible that since we've been exposed to all this AoA crossover stuff that the counterpart of Psylocke we encountered in the AoA 10yr anniversary issue was actually just Kwannon and the real Betsy Braddock had escaped to the Omniversal Nexus to avoid having her telepathic brain harvested by Apocalypse?

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jcbart

An interesting theory! I don't think Remender would tackle Betsy and her Captain Britain persona. Plus, a chance for her to interact with another version of herself would be awesome given her time on Exiles and her slight identity disorder.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Thunderscream

@jcbart: Do you know if they ever referred to the AoA version as "Betsy"?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think Psylocke should be retconned so that there is no Kwannon only Psylocke.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Baddamdog

I really doubt it, it would be completely random and unnecessary. Not Rememder's style. I just think Psylocke may temporarily wear her old CB costume during the Otherworld arc.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jubilee042

@Baddamdog said:

I really doubt it, it would be completely random and unnecessary. Not Rememder's style. I just think Psylocke may temporarily wear her old CB costume during the Otherworld arc.

QFT

Queen Ororo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Queen Ororo
    @Vance Astro said:
    This.
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @Vance Astro said:
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By ragdollpurps

Solicits say that in either issue 21 or 22 Psylocke will become Lady Briton, so I assume that while X-Force is tangling with the Captain Britain Corps in the Otherworld, she'll be wearing her Captain Britain costume. I don't think Remender would decide to introduce an alternate Betsy. She's been too integral to events in the book so far, and having another Psy running around would be a rehash of Kwannon and muddle things. I actually was under the impression that Slaymaster had killed the majority of her counterparts, anyways.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

I think it would make an interesting twist to reveal that AoA Psylocke is actually Kwannon. However, as Baddamdog pointed out, it's unlikely as it's not Remender's style.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman
    @Vance Astro said:
    I like the idea but how? If you get rid of Kwannon  w ould she still be  Asian ? If not then would she still be Betsy Braddock related to Captain Britain? 
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Baddamdog

@ragdollpurps: the New Exiles period shall never be referenced...it's like it never happened

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Tazirai

@ragdollpurps: What happened in Exiles isnt considered canon, by anyone except Claremont. Dude is always now given the alternate universe books, so he can play out his strong female fetish. So those other "Psylockes" never "died"

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Baddamdog

Well the last issue of Uncanny X-Force kinda disproves this...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.