Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1721 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

Should she get a new Costume?

• 67 results
    KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KZR

I seriously don't mind her suit. There's no need to change it anyway.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By achilles100

Well, they've already gone with the symbol and a changed costume in one comic book and it looked good.  Black works with blonds IMO, though I would have gone with her cousin's version of the "S" symbol rather than the current version.  I'm guessing they didn't due to the legal issues.  

The window was covered up there, and the character didn't cease to exist or anything, but you could still place the symbol albeit a bit lower down, and with a smaller window, or simply make it the the costume buttons up across the top and one side to close the window and reveal the "S" whenever she wants to, while it can be open at times as well.

yeopop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By yeopop

Don't change anything.
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Her costume is amazing not too old not too new it's pretty original makes her look like the woman in charge :D

HumanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By HumanX
    @WW-Fan: Where's the boob hole? Those things have to breath.
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By QuasarPrime
    @WW-Fan said:

what do you think? 

i have found some drawns of her in diffrent costumes that some people have done :) 

While I love PG's current costume because it just says "POWER GIRL", I do really love these three as well! 

I think white is a good color for PG and should be the majority of her costume, which is why I like all 4. 

The 1st costume above  (white/red) I really love for the future when Karen becomes POWER WOMAN and is part of the Legion of Superheroes!  It has a futuristic look and the hair, cape and boots are perfect! 

The 2nd one (blue/white) is nice, but let's do symmetrical sleeves. That would look better.  A nice touch is that it has just smallest bit of red as the cape clasp. 

The 3rd one (red/white) is also very attractive.  I really like the red trim.  The chest symbol reminds me of Kryptonian writing, which is the only logo Karen should ever use.  I don't want to see a big "P", "PG" or "S" (since she is not Supergirl). 

Bravo for whomever designed these great costumes!
    iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By iaconpoint

I think of the "bare legs on women" thing like this: what would a modern-day gladiator wear? As little as possible I think, in order to have maximum range of motion when fighting. When I see female heroes like Wonder Woman, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and PG with, basically unitards and ass-kicker boots, it makes sense from a fighting perspective. Further, being female, they are gonna have a sense of fashion, hence the colours and accessories and such. As far as PG goes, if you have that physic, why not show it off? I prefer the more streamlined Conner-style boots and gloves to the "Captain America" style as well. The only thing I'd change about her current costume is giving her a full cape rather than the military-like, over-the-shoulder-medallion style she has. 

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I kind of like this.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By QuasarPrime

Well, besides the white and the red colors with blue gloves  which I like, why is there and "S" on her chest? 

I have never been a fan of the "2-inch waist shorts" as far as looks and practically speaking, they would ride up most likely, giving her a frontal-wedgie!   Otherwise known as an Ouchie! 

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By achilles100

I can't speak for whoever altered that art, but the "S" likely stands for the House of L, of which she is a part.  Honoring her heritage and family, especially Kal-L.  And like I pointed out earlier; she HAS worn the "S" before, and recently, though not her cousin's version, but the modern version.

Though that costume was black, it did look good on her.  As I said, black works well with blond hair.  Or in that case, silver hair.  And it conveys in no uncertain terms to the uninitiated just who and what Power Girl is.

Plus, if she had worn it during her series, she probably would have added another 10,000 in sales, based purely on that.  We've seen the halo effect being part of the families in the DCU adds, and even someone who never heard of Power Girl would have gotten who she was from that, and what they could expect from her in a book.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By QuasarPrime

Thanks, achilles100.  I haven' t followed anything in a while with PG so I was unaware of the previous instance(s). Being new on here I have read through so many posts.  Sorry that I forgot what you had previously noted.     

Yeah, a black costume may work good, but sometimes the writers keep that color for when the character goes bad (like Black Mary, Black Adam, when Supergirl turned evil).   

I dunno, but since she started out in white, I've always associated that as one of Karen's main costume colors. Plus, Donna Troy has a starry black costume, but no one has white presently.  I really like white as the color for Karen's Power Girl/Woman costume.
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By achilles100
    @QuasarPrime: Yeah, white works very well for her.  And it sets her apart from most other superheroes in the DCU.  I would like it though if they went back to the two button cape stay.
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By QuasarPrime

I agree with the 2-button cape clasp.  I usually like the symmetrical look, except in a few rare instances (like the 1st costume shown on this thread).
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By NightFang3

I would be okay with this... 

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By QuasarPrime

I do like the blue boots and glove design and the beautiful, sheer, sexy and shiny white mini-dress!  (I could see Dream Girl of LSH wearing the white part with white boots and gloves!)

Except, I don't think PG is really that sexy in the sense that she doesn't make herself appear sexy or to be of high fashion.   (Have you seen the other costumes she wore, especially that awlful blue/white one??)

The chest window is more to air out "the girls" who must get hot being so confined in that space, rather than being sexy.  Sort of how the men take off their shirts in the summer when they work outdoors--not to be sexy or show their chest as it is to feel cooler and less confined. 

I would love it if Karen could be softer in her personality and this would then be a fitting outfit indeed!
    KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By KainScion

no boob view, no thank you

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#67  Edited By TheCannon

This is her best costume:

Power Girl in Boot Camp
    Power Girl in Boot Camp

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.