Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1703 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

Real power of Powergirl

Avatar image for ultimatewarrior123
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You Know, I was looking on alot of battle threads and powergirl, is held in a very low class here on comicvine. Even the respect thread is a joke, so I have created this thread just to enlighten some of her power: 

Punches wonderwoman to canada demonstrating that she is physically superior to Wonderwoman, she just lacked the same fighting skill.      

Briefly takes on Mordu: 

Powergirl knocked around a bloodlusted, mentally unstable version of Superman. As we all know, being on the losing side of a battle against Supes in such a state is a huge feat, so I figure dominating such a fight should be too. Also, she head-butts Major Force, and he isn't seen the rest of the issue. Next issue, he's shown unconscious. She also hits Black Adam and he isn't seen for the rest of the issue:

Knocks around despero: 

Powergirl vs GL 

Powergirl vs Captain Marvel: 

She then sends him flying but I don't have that scan 

Powergirl vs Solomon Grundy: 

Battle A: 

stronger than captain Marvel: 

Takes Supegirl's heat vision at point blank: 

Supegirl admits PG is stronger: 

These are just some of her feats.

Feel free to add more feats that you know of.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Amen to this. You have my Seal of Approval!

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By achilles100

No scans, but there's a panel of PG catching Wonder Woman's punch and stopping it cold in the Brave and the Bold.  And catching and safely lowering the UH's city-sized ship.  Her and Supergirl sending Prime flying with a Supergirls punch.  Pretty much the entire issue of that Generation Lost thing where she fights the JLI; but particularly the panels where Booster tells Rocket Red just how powerful she is, and seems to be freaking out about it.  The Power Girl/Supergirl fight in JSA/JLA Brightest Day that sends everyone else running for cover, including Donna Troy.

Then there's that bit in Generation Lost where she survives, almost unchanged, (except for either bleached blond hair or white hair and a trick eye), over a hundred years into the future, where J'ohn is a doddering old guy.  Or the part in her own series where she spins Divine around in a circle at over 800,000 miles an hour, (she helpfully supplied that figure in her internal monologue).  Or the bit in the Lightning Saga where she flies to Tokyo in presumably a couple of seconds, (judging by what's happening in that and surrounding panels).

junkmasterzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By junkmasterzero

Makes sense.  Correct me if I'm wrong but Kal-l was stronger than the New Earth Superman, and since PG is from the same place, Earth-2; she, in theory, should be stronger as well.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Valtot
    @junkmasterzero:
    Kal-L from earth 2 was equal to new earth superman physically
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By achilles100
    @Valtot: I don't believe that was ever definitively established, but Kal-L did catch one of Doomsday's punches in his hand and stop it cold, just after Doomsday clocked New Earth Superman.  So it seems likely that Kal-L MIGHT have been stronger.  In the same way that KC Superman was.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Magian

In the scan with Solomon Grundy she was losing and and in the last scan she was more powerful than normal.

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mumbles

powergirl!!!!!!!!!!!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @ultimatewarrior123:
    @achilles100:
    @Valtot:

Kal-L is/was stronger then New Earth Superman.  Kal-El was knocked down and out with one punch from Atlas while Kal-L took a punch square to the chest from him and didnt budge.  

Kal-L is stronger because he is older. Same with Karen Starr. She is from Earth-2 and is an older version of the one we know as Supergirl.  

I was delightfully suprised to see her knock Wonder Woman so far away but it doesnt prove that she won the battle. I would like to see the rest of it 

I was also suprised when Kara (Supergirl) didnt reply to the comment about Powergirl being the same as Supergirl just with a bigger bra size.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vitality

During my time on the battle forums...I have found that when people post battles. They always have a winner in mind...and when you show them feats to prove them otherwise....they say you're not allowed to use those scans. 

It's quite ridiculous.
    Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Band Lone

Hehe that has to suck been punched all the way to Canada XD

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By achilles100
    @ComicMan24: To be precise, Power Girl was winning, then her powers started to go wonky and she started losing, then Supergirl saved her, then Power Girl's powers went wonky again and she got stronger than Supergirl.

The whole thing was an anomaly, so I wouldn't use it to prove anything.  As for the Wonder Woman fight, Power Girl neither "won" nor "lost".  Diana simply wound up restraining her at the end and talking her out of being entranced by the children of Ares---after taking a lot of lumps from PG, and giving a few back.

One of the problems is that PG has so few big solo moments when she beats the big bad guy, or does some real Supermanesque feat.  Mostly, those went to other characters.  She's getting a few in her own book, and other books these days--but I'd really like to see her beat a Darkseid or a Doomsday on her own, decisively.  Though I note that once again, she's out of the Superman Family versus Doomsday and the Cyborg Superman thing.  When they even bring in the Eradicator and Steel for it.

Really, it's up to Winick and whoever writes whatever team book she winds up in next to elevate her.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Magian
    @achilles100: lol Yeah, that whole thing was weird and I agree it shouldn't be used.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

I'm more interested in those kids from the first scan delivering a message of peace and love than anything else from any of these scans. Can someone give me intel on them?

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By achilles100
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " I'm more interested in those kids from the first scan delivering a message of peace and love than anything else from any of these scans. Can someone give me intel on them? "
    The children of Ares?  They were trying to set the citizens of Washington D.C. against each other, and Power Girl against Wonder Woman in the latter's book.  Wonder Woman wound up spanking them and putting them on Reformation Island, (both off-panel), while Power Girl used her diplomatic touch to calm down the people of the Capitol...

Of course, Diana first had Kara tie her up, which sounds like some folk's idea of a dream date!
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Powergirl feats:

Against somebody said to be stronger than superman, (one shotted):

Powergirl vs wonderwoman: 

Here she catches a full on punch from wonderwoman when she had just got her sense back:

Here Powergirl just owns Wonderwoman showing superior speed and knocking her about: 

Powergirl almost one shots wonderwoman: 

The above scans demonstrates that Powergirl is the real deal and potentially more powerful than wonderwoman. (Now of course wonderwoman would win all the fights due to popularity power), but in terms of abilities I would favour Powergirl. 

ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even a proud wonderwoman states that Powergirl is AT LEAST as strong and fast as her, meaning that it is likely that she is stronger and faster than wonderwoman.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PowerHerc
    @ultimatewarrior123:
    Good job giving Power Girl the respect she deserves. 

However, Power Girl stating that she is stronger than Captain Marvel doesn't make it true.  Captain Marvel is stronger than Power Girl. 
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc:
    Wonderwoman admits that powergirl is at least as strong as her, and wonderwoman is as strong as hercules (and therefore captain marvel). Thus at minimum she is equal to captain marvel
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powergirl is a match for flash in speed: 

Powergirl owns Matrix supergirl: 

PG vs superman: 

She does alright against the man of steel

Cats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cats

Wonderwoman has effortlessly owned pg in the past so I dunno about these scans........ And in the op, the last one is out of context.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Valtot
    @ultimatewarrior123 said:
    "

More Powergirl feats:

that person wasnt said to be stronger than superman by anyone but herself and jay garrick had said she was as strong as superman and both of these are outside opinions while powergirl still beat her so no she was not stronger just her own opinion against someone she never tested her strength against    

ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cats:

i think that you will find that many characters have easily owned other characters in the past. PG one-shotted black adam, something that has not been repeated since. Most recently wonderwoman admitted PG as her equal in both strength and speed.
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc said:

"@ultimatewarrior123: Good job giving Power Girl the respect she deserves.  However, Power Girl stating that she is stronger than Captain Marvel doesn't make it true.  Captain Marvel is stronger than Power Girl.  "

No but when you think about it logically: 

Captain Marvel - Strength of hercules 

Wonderwoman - Strength of Gaea > Hercules: 

Powergirl - Strength is at least equal to Wonderwoman = Strength of GAEA > Strength of Hercules 

Therefore one can conclude: 

PG >/= WW > CM 

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@ultimatewarrior123: I see no Captain Marvel feat.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@ultimatewarrior123: The Stronger than Captain Marvel feat is wrong. It's just a statement, not any evidence. ALSO, Captain Marvel IS STRONGER THAN HERCULES, THE POWER OF ZEUS makes him Stronger than Hercules. 

Read a Captain Marvel Comic, The Power Of Zeus adds onto The Strength Of Hercules. So your ABC logic and your logic is wrong. 

Captain Marvel > Power Girl.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Theworldbreaker

I didn't see any real fighting going on between PG and Grundy, though it looked like he was kinda overpowering her. Which is probrobly PIS if she realy knocked around a crazy Superman.
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheWorldBreaker: 

Here is another fight: 

The other incident was not PIS, her powers were glitching:

It happened when Supergirl arrived, her powers fluctuated between really weak and normal. 

Thus at one point she was stronger than supergirl, who was shocked as two seconds ago she was "Struggling" against Grundy:

That is why Supergirl says: "Weird part is... she shouldn't be this strong". People on comicvine made up that both of their powers were fluctuating, but in actuality it was only PG that was fluctuating as her power was glitching. Thus at one moment she was weaker than Grundy, the next she was stronger than Supergirl (who of course one-shotted Grundy). Thus PG may even be stronger than supergirl, although in a more recent fight Batman said that PG and SG were equal in power and strength

hope this helps.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Deranged Midget

Powergirl is tough cookie but she doesn't hold back. She is most definitely not as strong nor stronger than Captain Marvel.

TheThinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheThinker
    @Deranged Midget said:

Powergirl is tough cookie but she doesn't hold back. She is most definitely not as strong nor stronger than Captain Marvel.

Yes that is probably true as captain marvel is equal to superman, but she is not far behind them, as both she and wonderwoman are on their level. It is basically that they are all heavyweights but supes and captain marvel would win most of the time. 
    Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By termiteone4ever

Power girl on of my fav :) I will dig up some scans when i have time

Fugiama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fugiama

More Powergirl feats:

Powergirl vs wonderwoman:

Here she catches a full on punch from wonderwoman when she had just got her sense back:

Here Powergirl just owns Wonderwoman showing superior speed and knocking her about:

Powergirl almost one shots wonderwoman:

The above scans demonstrates that Powergirl is the real deal and potentially more powerful than wonderwoman. (Now of course wonderwoman would win all the fights due to popularity power), but in terms of abilities I would favour Powergirl.

It's not because of popularity power that wonderwoman wins. She has ALWAYS been a great fighter and is strong enough to combat power girl's attacks. I like how you show PG supposedly "owning" WW but there are scans here that show WW doing some pwnage of her own in the same fight. The last one hints that WW was only going easy on her.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Goddessa

She's a very powerful brawler. She can inflict heavy damages...but Wonder Woman owns her all the time :)

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PowerGirlFan

And people say her identity is in her boobs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerGirlFan said:

It is.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Wboy said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

It is.

It's not. YOU WISH IT WAS.

This thread still has my seal of approval.

geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By geoff2005

sorry for sounding ignorant but is power girl a lesbian, her hair cut and body stature makes her look like it from those scans

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PowerGirlFan

@geoff2005 said:

sorry for sounding ignorant but is power girl a lesbian, her hair cut and body stature makes her look like it from those scans

No, but give it time. They've ruined almost everything else about her.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GWHH
    thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By thestarguy

@PowerHerc: Wonderwoman admits that powergirl is at least as strong as her, and wonderwoman is as strong as hercules (and therefore captain marvel). Thus at minimum she is equal to captain marvel

Classical Captain Marvel has the strength of Hercules COMBINED with the power of Zeus. I agree with Powerherc that Captain Marvel is stronger.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PowerGirlFan
    GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GWHH

which issue is this from?

No Caption Provided
    a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By a88378438

in the new 52,she say she was as strong as superman,and superman not refute

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GWHH

@a88378438 said:

Where in the new 52 does she say that?

in the new 52,she say she was as strong as superman,and superman not refute

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By a88378438
    No Caption Provided

@GWHH:

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.