Follow

Pokémon

Team » Pokémon appears in 414 issues.

Pokémon or Pocket Monsters is a variety of species in in the Pokémon franchise. Each Pokémon has unique abilities they use in battles. Many evolve into more powerful Pokémon that can use stronger moves.

Ash post sinnoh is a terrible trainer.

• 51 results
    kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By kbroskywalker

Pokemon used to be really good. Then unova happened. Before that while many of his loses were a bit suprising, they made sense. Would gary likely Ash after orange island? no, but ash was getting cocky. Should ash's pikachu be failing to take out at least three of paul's pokemon? no, but paul at this time was the superior strategist and took advantage of a special ability, plus as he made the same trip around regions his pokemon likely were powerful as well. Do i think ash not being able to use charizard and infernape v tobias was pis, yes. Do I think if he'd chosen his best 6 pokemon he would have won? yea i do, pikachu and charizarrd are significantly more powerful than any of tobias's pokemon per their feats v legendaries, infernape is comparable to both, grovile too out darkrai squirtle pre evelolution almost took out a legendary so I think tobias would have lost. But its still potentially an all legendary line up.

However in unova they just nerfed the hell out of ash's pokemon, made ash a rookie and ruined any character development he had. First off there's trip. Why they chose trip rather than a contunation of his rivalry with paul makes no sense. How does trip after just getting a pokemon beat pikachu who's iron tail is powerful enough to bring down a regice? I suppose you could say he just didn't have his lightning, but then pikachu gets taken out by trip's pokemon with full power. Pikachu should have been able to solo every single trainer ash came across and then solo every single trainer in the league. Also ash uses none of his strategies from sinnoh. Ash also doesn't use his other pokemon, some who could also solo the unova league. Inferape would stomp any unova trainedpokemon no questions asked, as would grovile, straraptor, and charizard. And having ash struggle with rookies is really frustrating. I'd also like to know how he lost to cameron despite having a 6 v 5 advantage. How did llucario solo pikachu and two other pokemon?

The new anime sucks for many reasons, ash being a weak trainer who never learns is one of them.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

He is back at being good in XY and XYZ,Unova was the worst pokemon series to date,which is sad because BW1 had the best storyline in the game series

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfr55: Maybe, but the show itself still sucks.

"SCIENCE IS COOL" is quite literally the most annoying thing i'v ever heard from a cartoon

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol no

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: NO

NOOO?

WELL NO TO YOU GODDAMIT

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@mfr55: Both B&W and B2&W2 plot would have lot of potencial. It also sucks that Black & White was almost alike Kanto Arc. Plus how would be Iris go to from Gym Leader to Champion. Or even seeing Bianca or Hilda's Journey or even Cherren being a rival maybe he could more brains contraste to Ash which tenda to be more "hearth or even courage".

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kbroskywalker

@vitalius: I miss sinnoh, johto, frontier, orange, and kanto, heck even hoenn

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mfr55

@vitalius: The games story line was so good(for pokemon games),they destroyed the N arc and the anime versions of iris and bianca were so annoying,the only good thing was trip( one of the few anime characters to actually change in a way) and near the league they introduced Cameron who is as bad as Tobias(random legendary guy from sinnoh),Tobias came from nowhere to stop ash from winning the league but cameron was more annoying,there is also ash oshawott who could never win a proper battle(probably his worst pokemon to date)

@kbroskywalker:X and Y,is still a lot better than the BW anime series was,though i like clemont more than cilan

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfr55: both suck compared to brock, and jeez what the hell is it with the green hair?

Trip still should never have been a challenge to ash.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mfr55

@kbroskywalker: yes during that first battle Pikachu should have won,the excuse used was that he was reseted by zekrom(anime writers) so it would be like ash starting again,i think pokemon levels are kinda confirmed in the anime because paul could use his pokedex in sinnoh to check the power of pokemons in the wild

at the end of BW trip was the only anime character with development

During DP brock was kinda just there wasnt a big part of the series, it focused a lot on dawn,they also changed the characters to do some advertising for the new games

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kbroskywalker

@mfr55: if you have to destroy all the development your character had for that, i don't think that counts. Brock was in every episode and was awesome. Ash also developed in sinnoh way more than he did in bw. Paul developed way more than discount paul.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfr55: if you have to destroy all the development your character had for that, i don't think that counts. Brock was in every episode and was awesome. Ash also developed in sinnoh way more than he did in bw. Paul developed way more than discount paul.

Yes BW was pretty bad they thrashed away pretty much everything ash was even using his pokedex on pokemons he had already saw,DP was much better but X and Y is being just as good this far,on XYZ there is also alain from the mega-evo specials and he is a really cool character

X and Y also handles the cast better even though its 4 characters everyone get chapters to shine Serena,clemont,bonny and Ash have their moment alone and as a group,DP had no space for brock,because of the heavy focus on dawn

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kbroskywalker

@mfr55: i'm sorry but x and y is no where near as good as dp, there's no one there comparable to paul or gary, there's no pokemon stories anywhere near as good as chimchar's, and brock and dawn>>>>>>>>>>>>bonnie,clemont, and serena. DP ash>>>>>>>>>>x and y ash.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mfr55

@mfr55: i'm sorry but x and y is no where near as good as dp, there's no one there comparable to paul or gary, there's no pokemon stories anywhere near as good as chimchar's, and brock and dawn>>>>>>>>>>>>bonnie,clemont, and serena. DP ash>>>>>>>>>>x and y ash.

Greninja is great ,the cast is better handled brock was irrelevant during DP,serena finding her objective other than following ash around is great development,clemont learning to be a gym leader still his battle against ash is huge,bonnie relashionship with everyone gets proper highlights,this is the best cast since Kanto

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kbroskywalker

@mfr55: mr. 'SCIENCE IS SO COOL" sucks in my opinion. Greninja can't carry the show. Serena is a walking annoying exposition device who can't let the audience figure anything out for themselves. Bonnie is unnecessary. And there is no way the x and why cast is better than sinnoh, hoenn, johto or kanto.

Also ash struggling with climon is straight up stupid.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfr55: mr. 'SCIENCE IS SO COOL" sucks in my opinion. Greninja can't carry the show. Serena is a walking annoying exposition device who can't let the audience figure anything out for themselves. Bonnie is unnecessary. And there is no way the x and why cast is better than sinnoh, hoenn, johto or kanto.

Also ash struggling with climon is straight up stupid.

its not better than kanto,its the best since

hoenn is better than unova,but its worse than the others,DP was unbalanced

ash gym battle with clemont shows how much,clemont evolved as a gym leader,before that he lost his own gym to one of his robots,now he was putting up a fight agains ash

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfr55: clemont still sucks as a character and i literally want to punch both him and ash whenever ash is like SCIENCE IS SO COOL: clemont''s whole shifting his eyeglassses thing and making a shadow is irritating as hell. Are you actually gonna compare ash v climon to ash vs gary, ash vs brandon, or ash vs paul? Paul and gary both easily outclass anyone on x and y as characters and character devlopment can't do much if the characters suck any way. Dawn>>>>>selena. Ash was much more mature and took things seriously in dp than in x and y.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfr55: clemont still sucks as a character and i literally want to punch both him and ash whenever ash is like SCIENCE IS SO COOL: clemont''s whole shifting his eyeglassses thing and making a shadow is irritating as hell. Are you actually gonna compare ash v climon to ash vs gary, ash vs brandon, or ash vs paul? Paul and gary both easily outclass anyone on x and y as characters and character devlopment can't do much if the characters suck any way. Dawn>>>>>selena. Ash was much more mature and took things seriously in dp than in x and y.

Clemont is not ash rival,he is a gym leader and company traveler like cilan and brock were

Sawyer is ash rival,and he is a good character,you can tell he is a learning trainer as he takes notes and asks for advice

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfr55:

gary or paul>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sawyer

brock or dawn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>clemont

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mfr55

@kbroskywalker

Lets agree to disagree,I think X and Y been great this far and with alain and team flare on Z it can only get better

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kbroskywalker

@mfr55: lets leave it at that, you like the show, i hate it with a passion.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just dislike anything with Unova. Hate that region.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vptwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Use thunderbolt on luxray"

Me: ......(facepalm)

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vptwarrior: tp be fair pikachu should be strong enouhg to one shot luxray regardless

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Noivern! Headbutt that Metatangs punch!

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kbroskywalker

@cgoodness: Well duh, it toughens your brain up, ash could use that

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kbroskywalker: his strategies are flawless! Remember when he zaped his Swellow with Pikachu and turned it Golden Swellow!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfr55: I think Ash should lost on to the Eevee guy on finals. I personally think Iris's worst trair was being Misty clone and same goes for Cillan. Also something that took me off of the show was Ash Team. He caught so many pokémon on early arc that his pokemon would deposit and withdraw from Professor offscreen between episodes.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: NO

NOOO?

WELL NO TO YOU GODDAMIT

Hey, can you do me a favor? Kill yourself. Thank you! ;)

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Totally agree. This is part of why I stopped watching. Well that and his annoying new sidekicks.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3:

I'm a force ghost now. I can sleep or...

I CAN HAUNT YOU FOR ETERNITY

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: I don't remember it too well but i do remember liking the battle frontier saga, ash v brandon is one of my favorite battles

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we need more pokemon origin anime. Ash...I lost faith in him long ago including the show.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: i think they should reboot everything past sinnoh and i'd like to see ash in unova but this time with brock and dawn, with paul still being his rival, and him beating tobias to win it all after he also becomes a rival

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: no he shouldn't have, pikachu should have solod every pokemon in unova

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Still you know the pokemon origin anime was great ;)

Dat last fight between Mewtwo and Charizard :D

Hopefully we get another one when Sun and Moon come out.

Avatar image for watcher_killer4
    Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By now pikachu should be at a level were he one shots almost every Pokemon... Volt tackle and thinker fallows up by iron tail and electo ball... The most powerful electric type attacks out there? Yet in unavailable he looses to a level three Ivy... He should have soloed Paul's team.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher_killer4: I don't think there's a single pokemon who appeared in the unova league that should have stood a chance vs pikachu.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

No... There wasn't... Pikachu took down a freaking Dragonite

He's battled against Pokemon for years and even Champion level Pokemon... He should at the very least be at level 90 by now

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher_killer4: definitely 100, actually screw that his level is infinity and he is more powerful than arceus.

Watcher_Killer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

Umm ok slow your role there buddy lol.

But yea just spend the damn series already.

Give ash back:

Charizard- you know the one who has bested legendary Pokemon and a Dragonite... Scratch that stomped a Dragonite

Sleptile- who defeated a DarkrAI

Pikachu- for obvious reasons

Starraptor- his strongest flying type

Infernape- bphis most intense Pokemon

Gobble so he can evolve that shit into a Garchomp

And Snorlax.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kbroskywalker

@watcher_killer4: bruh why do you think ash doesn't age?its pikachu's godly power!

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sasukemilesmorales
    sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh has ash ever been a good trainer?? Think about it.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasukemilesmorales: yea he was, in kanto he became good, became better innjohto and orange islands, became really good on the battle fronteir, and improved in sinnoh.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kbroskywalker: Ash has always been a terrible trainer. Most of his pokemon sit in a laboratory doing nothing.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: No, he just likes training new pokemon. Ash pre unova became good and then very good. He won the orange islands, the battle frontier, out performed gary twice, and then was the second best trainer in sinnoh and would have won if it was not for bs plot device tobias

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kbroskywalker

@watcher_killer4: Oh god, who the hell is this green haired punk, discount barry?. Does he actually not no type advantages? Like we needed another exposition device. And for christ sake, does ash realize pokemon can dodge attacks. I do like ash merging with hi s pokemon. I think he's using the force.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ash always sucked.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.