Follow

Poison Ivy

Character » Poison Ivy appears in 1955 issues.

A brilliant botanical biochemist, Pamela Isley is a fervent eco-terrorist out to save the world's plant life by any means necessary. She often finds herself at odds with Batman, though they have, on occasion, fought on the same side.

How would she react to...

Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ultimate Joker

We all know she has.... "issues".... with men, and we all know she loves plants far more than she ever possibly could for people, but we've seen her caring about Harley even though she's not a plant freak... So here's my question. How would she respond both physically and mentally if she came across a man who was just as "dedicated" to plant life and mother nature as she is, and possibly even plantlike himself? Let's say this man isn't prejudice against women or men specifically, just humanity. Let's say he doesn't count Ivy as a human, but as a fellow... umm... Plant person.. (lol, couldn't think of a better word) 

How would she react? Would her hatred of men still apply? Would she not see him as a "man", but as a fellow "tree hugger"? I'm just really curious to see what others think because this thought has been rattling around in my messed up head for a few days now.

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By bingbangboom

Swamp Thing possibly? Never read him much but that would match up I think.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Swamp thing isn't a just a plant controller. He's the primal incarnation of the elemental force of life, nature and growth though. Ivy falling in love with him would be like a mortal falling in love with a god.

not that it would stop anything if both parties were willing mind you ;)

Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ultimate Joker

I'm not meaning any SPECIFIC person, and even more so leaning towards someone who's moral standards match her own fairly well. Would she really go for a dude -- even though she hates men -- if he met some of those simple requirements?

ivy's creation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ivy's creation

well her goal is to change the acts of humanity so either she would feel hopeful that she is truly changing how people act and think about nature,  or she would not buy it due to her lack of faith in men and feel that he is not committed and just wants to get in her plant pants

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MrMiracle77

There was a B:tAS episode called "House and Garden" (or was it home and garden?) that explores Pamela's adaptability to a normal relationship.  While the man involved was not initially a "plant person", Ivy does show some degree of remorse once she escapes from those particular circumstances in the end.

Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ultimate Joker
    @ivy's creation said:
    " well her goal is to change the acts of humanity so either she would feel hopeful that she is truly changing how people act and think about nature,  or she would not buy it due to her lack of faith in men and feel that he is not committed and just wants to get in her plant pants "
    Either one seems plausible to me. I'm curious if any writers have, or have thought about exploring this angle a bit further in the comics. If, for the sake of argument, this man changed his DNA to be more like how Ivy is and wanted to partner up with her, I'd love to see her reactions to it. Not really sure if I'd want to see her in a relationship or not, but then again comics always need a little something to spice them up. I mean for decades Joker was a single man, but since the early-mid 90's Joker's had his own girl and it's been that way ever since then. 

Things change. 

@MrMiracle77 said:
    " There was a B:tAS episode called "House and Garden" (or was it home and garden?) that explores Pamela's adaptability to a normal relationship.  While the man involved was not initially a "plant person", Ivy does show some degree of remorse once she escapes from those particular circumstances in the end. "
    I recall that episode and it's partly one of the reasons my mind went further down this train of thought. It's not comic book canon, but it's food for thought nevertheless.
    greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By greenenvy

Green peace people or plant related supermen perhaps. Actually I see her connecting to a normal dude but as long as he follows her ways and plans yes maybe.
    Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ultimate Joker

So overall everyone agrees that IF this man were as obsessive about plant-life as she is, then there is at least a CHANCE she'd be capable of companionship with a human aside from Harley?

ivy's creation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ivy's creation

well i dont know. is she a lesbian becuz she hates men for what  'man' kind has done to nature or is it simply she is just not attracted to them, even if they are crazy for plants (like me). becuz if so i can just c her saying "sorry honey, my vines dont swing that way".

Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ultimate Joker
    @ivy's creation said:
    " well i dont know. is she a lesbian becuz she hates men for what  'man' kind has done to nature or is it simply she is just not attracted to them, even if they are crazy for plants (like me). becuz if so i can just c her saying "sorry honey, my vines dont swing that way". "
    She was quoted as to saying something along the lines of, "Men are only good for one thing and sometimes they can't even get up the nerve for that," or somethin'. Has it truly, honestly been stated, proven, and accepted that she's a lesbian?
    extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By extrememage
    @Ultimate Joker:
    i dont think she is a lesbian 
    she looks out for harley and protects as a friend and they have a sort of sister-like relationship 
    back to your original question, i think she might go for a normal dude if he was all "love the earth" but i think maybe someone who could connect with her plants like she does would have a better chance. she does think they are her children after all
    ivy's creation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ivy's creation
    @Ultimate Joker: i really think she is a lesbian. her whole character is ironic. due to her pheromones, she is irresistible to men, but since she is poisonous no man can have her. however i think there is more to it, even if someone were to get with her i feel like she is a lesbian anyways. "no thanks"- poison ivy. n i feel like she believes that men r useless cuz mother nature blossoms on its own. "men, the most absurd of god's creatures."-poison ivy
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By DEADPOOL
    @ivy's creation said:
    " @Ultimate Joker: i really think she is a lesbian. her whole character is ironic. due to her pheromones, she is irresistible to men, but since she is poisonous no man can have her. however i think there is more to it, even if someone were to get with her i feel like she is a lesbian anyways. "no thanks"- poison ivy. n i feel like she believes that men r useless cuz mother nature blossoms on its own. "men, the most absurd of god's creatures."-poison ivy "
    Well I don't really understand her reasoning since, by that logic, women are just as useless. And from my limited understanding, plants appear to have predominant "male" and "female" roles even if they don't possess the characteristics of those particular genders.
    KattVonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KattVonNoir

@ivy's creation:
    If anything I think Ivy is bisexual not full on lesbian. To answer the original question though I honestly just can't see Ivy in a somewhat "normal" intimate relationship with anyone! She is indeed capable of affection and loving human's though(as seen when she takes the orphans into her care while the park was under her control) that being said I just can't picture her in a romantic relationship I think she would see it as being a weakness or too human... It would probaly scare her if she was to find someone that made her heart flutter!

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By johnny_spam

June 2010 of Gotham City Sirens:  

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #13
    On sale JUNE 30 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    Written by PAUL DINI
    Art and cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Poison Ivy’s new romance hits some turbulence as she discovers something weird going on around the office! She loves her job and doesn’t want anything to get in the way – not even her new boyfriend! But when Ivy discovers an old ally is behind everything, will she turn against her employers? And what do the other Sirens think of Ivy’s odd romance and even odder choices regarding her job?      

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/03/19/batman-solicits-for-june/#more-8102 

I've always been convinced that Poison Ivy can be hypocritical and can feel for humans her relationship with Batman up until she developed this goddess persona was very flirtatious she used to kiss him and flirt with him. In Hush Riddler made an allusion that she "had a thing" for Catwoman. And there is her whole relationship with Harley Quinn that can be questionable.  

Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ultimate Joker
    @johnny spam said:
    " June 2010 of Gotham City Sirens:  

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #13
    On sale JUNE 30 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    Written by PAUL DINI
    Art and cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Poison Ivy’s new romance hits some turbulence as she discovers something weird going on around the office! She loves her job and doesn’t want anything to get in the way – not even her new boyfriend! But when Ivy discovers an old ally is behind everything, will she turn against her employers? And what do the other Sirens think of Ivy’s odd romance and even odder choices regarding her job?      

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/03/19/batman-solicits-for-june/#more-8102  I've always been convinced that Poison Ivy can be hypocritical and can feel for humans her relationship with Batman up until she developed this goddess persona was very flirtatious she used to kiss him and flirt with him. In Hush Riddler made an allusion that she "had a thing" for Catwoman. And there is her whole relationship with Harley Quinn that can be questionable.   "
    Well I guess there's my answer. 

Thanks for the post, johnny spam!
    darkstorm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18  Edited By darkstorm1

She would probably feel confused of her feelings at first.  A mix of hatred and love, yet in the end possibly the only kind of man she could marry.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Primmaster64

Does she like Batman?

ms.cuteness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ms.cuteness

She's a lesbian. That means although she would care for the man she would not be attracted to them. Plus she loves Harley so...

stoneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stoneo
    @KattVonNoir:
    You're Right. Ivy is a bisexual. She has shown a Love/Hate relationship with batman as sometimes she wants to kill him while others she is shown actually caring for him. Also it has been repeatedly implied that her and Harley Quinn have been sleeping together. They were shown sharing a bed and taking a shower together. This however only adds on to her appealing nature.
    rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By rlmay3

But if we're talking about her having a relationship with a human of any gender, I really can't see it. I saw the pose about the upcoming comic with her "boyfriend" but, to me, she has a very strong hatred toward humanity. We did see her maternal instincts come to the surface after the earthquake, which is one of her "human" moments.

But I just picture her looking at a man during a dinner date and watching him eat and feeling utter disgust, viewing him as an animal even if he were devoted to her cause.

I could be entirely misinterpreting her character, but she doesn't seem the kind to have any true whole-hearted affection to another human, with Harley and her ambiguous feelings toward Batman aside.

SDSMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SDSMP
    @stoneo: She cared for batman? when? I agree with ms.cuteness shes a lesbian and shes with Harley
    likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By likalaruku

I'vy's probably Bi, like Mystique.
    Pepperment Patty, on the other hand, likes Charlie Brown.

Ho ho ho.
    Ho ho ho.
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25  Edited By A-Strondinaire

I don't think Ivy's a lesbian, mistaken ambiguous bisexual maybe but full on lesbian not a chance, Ivy can't stand humans and she defintely hates anything that will make her look weak so relationships  with others are out because she'd either have to be the dominant one which she would hate to have anyone falling over her or trying to appease her or she would have  to be the submissive and we all know that will never happen with any Batman rogue. I also really doubt Harley would be into anything with her she's only got eyes for Mr. J besides I think Poison Ivy just tries to sex her plants.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Calvin
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Leliel
    @likalaruku said:
    "  
    I'vy's probably Bi, like Mystique.
    Pepperment Patty, on the other hand, likes Charlie Brown.
    Ho ho ho.
    Ho ho ho.
    "
    Well that however bring up how come there is no male Poison Ivy
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By ragdollpurps

i personally think that ivy's sexuality and seductiveness is just all pretense, and is only another tool at her disposal. her love is for nature.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.