Follow

Poison Ivy

Character » Poison Ivy appears in 1964 issues.

A brilliant botanical biochemist, Pamela Isley is a fervent eco-terrorist out to save the world's plant life by any means necessary. She often finds herself at odds with Batman, though they have, on occasion, fought on the same side.

a Quick Question about Here Anatomy...

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By Dracade102

...If Her Blood Is Toxic, Wouldn't that Make Anti-Toxin Poison To Her, Since It Would Cancel out The Poison that keeps Here alive?
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zoom

I'm sorry.  We don't speak random capitalization. 

Try again in regular English this time.
    ivy's creation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ivy's creation

(ignore the rudeness from tina fey^) no part of her powers is that she is immune to all toxins

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jetshade

^ Ivy's Creation is correct. Poison Ivy is immune to virtually all substances that would otherwise be considered toxic or harmful, no matter what they are, so this would include anti-toxins. My guess is that even if an enemy created an anti-toxin specifically from the poison in her bloodstream and attacked her with it, her body's natural defenses would instantly form an immunity to it. 

Interesting question though.

THALASTDRAGON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By THALASTDRAGON

i wasnt even aware that her blood was toxic, but i've never read too much on her or known much period.     

@Zoom
    said:

"I'm sorry.  We don't speak random capitalization.  Try again in regular English this time. "

wow.  that response made this feel so much more like a true fan community.  not only was ur response irrelevant, but u attack him as well.  i mean hell, u didnt even include an "lol" to at least make it even appear somewhat friendly or jokey in manner lol.

laurax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By laurax
    @Zoom:
    You might want to check your own grammar before you make fun of others.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Leliel
    @Jetshade:  Wait those that go as far as radiation because technically it poison your bloodstream or what about alien poisons?
    Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jetshade
    @Leliel: 
    It is my understanding that Ivy is immune to any toxins that are chemical in nature, and she has a hyperactive immune system on top of that. Presumably this means alien poisons won't work on her any more than terrestrial ones, as long as they are chemical in nature. 

I don't know for certain how radiation would affect her because I don't fully understand all of the science involved. But assuming that radiation causes a chemical reaction in our bodies that poisons our bloodstream, then my guess is that her system would automatically defeat that chemical reaction. That wouldn't necessarily make her immune to physical damage (i.e. burns) caused by the radiation, however.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Leliel
    @Jetshade:  Thank you for your answer which seems like the logical conclusion. This lead me to hope that there a Poison Ivy out there in the multiverse who is good guy, she be a great asset to the Justice League

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.