Follow

Planetary

Team » Planetary appears in 47 issues.

Planetary is a group of "Archaeologists of the Impossible" who hunt out the world's secret history. The group was created by Warren Ellis for Wildstorm.

Working my way through Planetary....

[turbo]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Edited By [turbo]

and it has been some of the best comic writing i've been able to experience. Working my way through a volume of books can be daunting at times, but when it's enjoyable, it makes for a good read. What are some of the best series you've been able to sit down and read in one run.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iLLituracy

Actually, I just spent all night reading issues 1-27 and the special issues of Planetary, myself. The Black Glove was something I also read in one sitting. Astonishing X-Men 1-12 comes to mind. Something about Cassaday's art that makes things so much more readable, IMO.

asafager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By asafager

I've read the first 3 volumes of Planetary. Still feeling a little mixed about it. Warren Ellis seems to love talking smack about superhero comics, then goes on to write them. The imagination of the storyline is pretty amazing, no doubt, but I'm waiting for it all to gel together. We'll see when volume 4 comes out in softcover.  
    Series I can read in one sitting: Gotham Central, Sleeper, Alias, Walking Dead.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By sexy_merc

Glad to see more people reading it.

Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tesseract

Planetary is one of the best comics I ever read.

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By roadbuster

Planetary is rewarding for long-time comic readers but it doesn't hurt to use one of the many Annotation sites online to enhance the experience. 

The series is densely packed with references so if you're looking to revisit the book, consider doing it with an Annotated guide to pick up everything, including bits you may have missed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.