Follow

Peter Milligan

Person » Peter Milligan is credited in 1354 issues.

Peter Milligan is a British writer best known for his extensive work on X-Force/X-Statix and X-Men for Marvel, and Human Target, Shade, the Changing Man and a lengthy, and climatic, tenure on Hellblazer for DC/Vertigo.

Peter Milligan Talks Shadowpact

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

Edited By JonesDeini

Schyeah...I'm NOT calling it that other name... 

Anyways, really looking forward to this come September.  

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Cool....and I don't blame you JLD is awful

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @cattlebattle said:

this. 

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    this.  
    Word. The more Milligan talks about this book, the more my mouth waters man.  
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Adnan

Wait, so Justice League Dark is the official title? I thought it was a working name or something. There's something wrong here, when they can't think of a better title than that. Atleast JLD rolls of the tongue nicely, I guess. I hope Constantine in Brightest Day Aftermath isn't a precursor of what we're going to get here, I've heard nothing but complaints about it.

This reminds me, I bought Vol 1. of Milligan's Shade the Changing Man run a while back, still need to read it...

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Adnan:  
    Milligan said in the interview that he's going to be using the Virtigo incarnations of these characters, at least for the core make up. And in another interview he said that the Constantine he's writing in the DCu will still be the same Constantine he's written on Hellblazer, just younger, brasher, and less bruised and battered. I've got 100% faith in Milligan's ability to pull this off. Bad title and all lol
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Adnan
    @JonesDeini
    He does sound like he knows what he's doing. A lot of writers are saying they'll be staying true to the 'core' of the characters though, and with a lot of the titles, that doesn't seem to be entirely true. Heres hoping Milligan does good. 

How many titles are on your to-buy list? I've got 13 at the moment - The entire DARK line, the Super titles, DC Universse Presents, and Captain Atom. Might pick up Blackhawks (G. I Joe + DC Universe sounds like a lot of fun) , but 13 titles is a lot for me as it is (the life of being a student, wanting everything but being unable to afford anything...)
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Adnan: New DCU books I'm looking at about 8-10, but that's 8-10 new books on top of an all ready stacked pull list I have now. 
    TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheRedRobin

You shouldn't discount it before you've read it.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Adnan
    @TheRedRobin: I don't think anyone is, it's just that seeing these guys together in some sorta 'Justice League' style team is pretty strange in itself...
    TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheRedRobin

@Adnan
    Yeah when they were saying JLD is awful I thought they were saying the series not the name. The name is awful enough and yeah its a bit strange.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JonesDeini
    @TheRedRobin:  
    I think all of us Die Hard Vertigo boys are being very cautiously optimistic. 
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By MrUnknown

I haven't read much of anything by him; but this looks even more promising from the interview.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JonesDeini
    @MrUnknown:  
    Yup. I was already excited for this based on Milligan and the characters. Getting a peek into his mind has left me highly anticipating this. 
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By The Lobster

If anyone could pull this off, it's Peter Milligan.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JonesDeini
    @The Lobster :  
    World I got 100% faith in dude. 
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Lobster
    @JonesDeini: This could be the X-Force of the DCU. The best thing about Uncanny X-Force is the fact that it's team members hate working with each other. Justice League Dark (Which the more I say, the More I get used to saying) could be just like that. Let's face it, half of the team members don't work so well in groups. It'll be interesting seeing how Peter Milligan works off this.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JonesDeini
    @The Lobster :  
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how these characters interact with one another. I hope this book is NOTHING like X-Force, I really, really didn't like that book. After the amazing run of Kyle/Yost I just couldn't stomach that stuff Remender was writing. I liked the Deathlok nation stuff, but not enough to add it back to my pull list.  
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Lobster
    @JonesDeini: Awe Really? I love Uncanny X-Force, it's probably the best X-men book on the market. The team just feels better to me, each member seems to have a purpose that serves the team while in the old team it just felt like a group of killer. In this group, Deadpool is the scout who searches for the location where the people they kill are, Wolverine is the leader and tactician, Archangel is the money, Psylocke acts as the psychic two way radio and protection from telepathy, and Fantomex makes sure the team isn't seen when they're out on missions. 

But if you don't like it, that's perfectly fine. We all have different taste. At least we can agree that Justice League Dark has the chance to be awesome.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JonesDeini
    @The Lobster :  
    Yeah I wrote a treatise on why I dropped the series, but we do agree that Milligan will rock this title. Based on the titles and talent on them I think that this corner of the DCU will shape up the best. 
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Lobster
    @JonesDeini: Hey If you don't like it, good for you. I'm not going to try and convince you to read it. We all got different taste.

Oh yeah the Dark series of the DCU seem like the most interesting.  A lot of people seem to hate the idea of this reboot. I think it's a great idea. So many of DC's characters have become uninteresting. Starting back to square one is a great way to bring something new to the plate. Heck even though I'm hating Flashpoint right now, I still like reading it's tie in issues mainly because it's a new take on familiar characters. Thomas Wayne as Batman is awesome, and Deathstroke as a Pirate may be a bizarre Idea but it's original and unpredictable. 

I mean some of the series they got coming out looks awesome.

Justice League Dark by Peter Milligan, just try and keep me away.  
    A Catwoman series by Judd Winick, boo yeah!!
    A Swamp Thing series written by Scott Snyder....Hell yeah!!!  
    Grifter, looks a little too much like Deadpool but I'll give it a shot
    All Star Western, Jonah Hex, alright bring it on!!!

What series you excited for the most?
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JonesDeini
    @The Lobster said:
    @JonesDeini: Hey If you don't like it, good for you. I'm not going to try and convince you to read it. We all got different taste.  Oh yeah the Dark series of the DCU seem like the most interesting.  A lot of people seem to hate the idea of this reboot. I think it's a great idea. So many of DC's characters have become uninteresting. Starting back to square one is a great way to bring something new to the plate. Heck even though I'm hating Flashpoint right now, I still like reading it's tie in issues mainly because it's a new take on familiar characters. Thomas Wayne as Batman is awesome, and Deathstroke as a Pirate may be a bizarre Idea but it's original and unpredictable.   I mean some of the series they got coming out looks awesome.  Justice League Dark by Peter Milligan, just try and keep me away.   A Catwoman series by Judd Winick, boo yeah!! A Swamp Thing series written by Scott Snyder....Hell yeah!!!   Grifter, looks a little too much like Deadpool but I'll give it a shot All Star Western, Jonah Hex, alright bring it on!!!  What series you excited for the most?
    Reboots are what DC does. At first I was angered because they really didn't go about disseminating information well at all. Now it's whatever, like I said it's what they do. I'm glad that titles that worked like the Batman Family of books will remain unchanged on the whole. I'm definitely buying Batman, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, JLD, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Storm Watch. I'm very interested in Blue Beetle and Static Shock. I'll wait on reviews for those. 
    istorky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By istorky

Join in the conversation with Peter Milligan at his official website: www.petermilligan.co.uk 
    Go to "new muse" and post a comment!

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JonesDeini
    @istorky said:
    Join in the conversation with Peter Milligan at his official website: www.petermilligan.co.uk Go to "new muse" and post a comment!
    Thanks for the heads up, folk. Definitely will be in on this. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.