Follow

Penguin

Character » Penguin appears in 2059 issues.

Intelligent, rich and sophisticated; Oswald Cobblepot puts up a gentlemanly front, but behind closed doors he is the angered, power hungry criminal known as The Penguin. He shows flashes of compassion sometimes, but he is dominated by a desire to be respected and to control those around him.

Is Penguin: Pain and Prejudice part of the New 52 universe?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I was wondering if it's part of the N52 universe...I can't really find anything that says it is, though CV says it did come out in October 2011. Any help would be appreciated.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It came out after the reboot, but there was nothing grounding it firmly in the continuity of the DCnU though. It was more of a timeless exploration of the Penguins origin.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@jsphsmth: Thanks! I guess I'll just make myself pretend its in the New 52 so I'll buy it :)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wondered it myself, there is no n52 logo though but it's a good villain story so buy it anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.