Follow

One-Above-All

Character » One-Above-All appears in 22 issues.

The One Above All is the Supreme Being of Marvel and master of the nigh omnipotent entity known as the Living Tribunal. He is the only being in the Marvel Omniverse with omnipotence.

Is The One Above All really omnipotent?

cena98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've been reading quite a few threads that stated that The one above all is only 16th dimensional and that any one above (pre retcon beyonder, nyarlathotep,) could stomp him with zero effort. Is that true? I'm curious for I was thinking of pitting him up against the Glory, The most powerful thing in Doctor who.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wut.

Avatar image for masterofluck123
    MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnipotence is a meaningless title. That is why we focus strictly on feats.

ashildr000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is litteraly the avatar of the writter...

So yeah, I'd say he's above that concept.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA is literally Stan Lee/Jack Kirby so that = God in the Marvel universe

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@kgb725: so powerless in the dc multiverse

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being the writer doesn't really mean anything. If you want to go that route, then any random mook from Umineko or Demon King Daimaou would be TOAA level+ since they can just transcend and use writer abilities.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not a battle.

Ataraxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ataraxy

What's happening to this forum..you need to be 464 trillion-dimensional now to be considered omnipotent. This Dimensional crap has overtaken everything.

Oh and TOAA is omnipotent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnipotence is a meaningless title. That is why we focus strictly on feats.

How exactly is omnipotence a meanigless title?

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

TOAA is really omnipotent in Marvel, yes.

Nothing is omnipotent in reality, and if it were, you couldn't prove it or understand it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofluck123: We use feats for 99.9% of characters. But TOAA and The Presence are exceptions. TOAA has very few feats. Yet no one believes Thor can beat TOAA in a fight.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnipotent in there series yes, but outside the series they are nothing

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AndreyS1337

@buffalo said:

So I've been reading quite a few threads that stated that The one above all is only 16th dimensional and that any one above (pre retcon beyonder, nyarlathotep,) could stomp him with zero effort. Is that true? I'm curious for I was thinking of pitting him up against the Glory, The most powerful thing in Doctor who.

"Omnipotence" is a logical blackhole. It is just a title, note a feat.

So yes, TOAA is a 16-dimensional god who is stronger then LT who is 16-dimensional too.

Pre Retcon Beyonder was god of Marvel before TOAA and he was infinite dimensional http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/46823/934908-infinite_dimensions.jpg

So he will stomp TOAA.

Any higher dimensional character who is above 16-dimensional cosmos will stomp TOAA or any other featless "omnipotent" (Eru Illuvatar for example who is universal+ or low multiversal).

Off-topic:

Presence is not omnipotent too. And he alreay confirmed it.

The Primal Monitor is the strongest force in DC.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/The_Primal_Monitor

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AndreyS1337

@kgb725 said:

TOAA is literally Stan Lee/Jack Kirby so that = God in the Marvel universe

Authors are not fictional characters. So nope, fan made theories are not arguments.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is Omnipotent.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gurban: Yes they are.. They've actually appeared in the MU it's not a theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Dimensionality means nothing really...

Could you not theoretically be powerless in 2-D or 1-D but very powerful in 3-D?

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Newblood2333

It has been stated that the LT is 16 dimensional, Beyonder said he was infinity dimensional. so I am not sure why anyone would think TOAA is just 16 dimensional.

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Nope. You got it all backwards.

Let me ask you a question, what is larger, an infinitely large square or an finite cube?

The answer is an finite cube. While the infinitely large square has an infinite surface area, it lacks volume, and as such has zero volume. Therefore, it will always be infinitely lesser than any 3-dimensional object.

The same goes for any comparisons between a 3-dimensional object and an 4-dimensional object.

To explain it better,

A 1-Dimensional (line) object only has length.

A 2-Dimensional (plane) object has length and width. The area of a 2-D object = length x width. The width of any 1-D object = 0, so its area = 0, even if its length = infinity.

This works in the same manner with 3-Dimensional space. The volume of a 3-D object = length x width x height. Since a 2-D object's height = 0, it doesn't matter if its length or width = infinity. Its volume, and mass, will still = 0.

"Hypervolume"/the 4-Dimensional volume analogue = length x weight x height x a fourth dimension. Since a 3-D object's fourth dimension = 0, its "hypervolume" and "hypermass" = 0

For a 5-Dimensional volume analogue = length x width x height x a fourth dimension x a fifth dimension. Since a 4-D object fifth dimension = 0, its 5-D volume analogue, and 5-D mass analogue = 0

Basically, what this means is that, just like an infinitely thin, entirely flat, two-dimensional square has an infinite number of times less volume (and mass) than a three-dimensional cube, the cube also has an infinite number of times less volume (and mass) than a four-dimensional tesseract, which has an infinite number of times less volume (and mass) than a five-dimensional hypercube, and so onwards.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@masterofluck123 said:

@avatar_of_green: Nope. You got it all backwards.

Let me ask you a question, what is larger, an infinitely large square or an finite cube?

The answer is an finite cube. While the infinitely large square has an infinite surface area, it lacks volume, and as such has zero volume. Therefore, it will always be infinitely lesser than any 3-dimensional object.

The same goes for any comparisons between a 3-dimensional object and an 4-dimensional object.

To explain it better,

A 1-Dimensional (line) object only has length.

A 2-Dimensional (plane) object has length and width. The area of a 2-D object = length x width. The width of any 1-D object = 0, so its area = 0, even if its length = infinity.

This works in the same manner with 3-Dimensional space. The volume of a 3-D object = length x width x height. Since a 2-D object's height = 0, it doesn't matter if its length or width = infinity. Its volume, and mass, will still = 0.

"Hypervolume"/the 4-Dimensional volume analogue = length x weight x height x a fourth dimension. Since a 3-D object's fourth dimension = 0, its "hypervolume" and "hypermass" = 0

For a 5-Dimensional volume analogue = length x width x height x a fourth dimension x a fifth dimension. Since a 4-D object fifth dimension = 0, its 5-D volume analogue, and 5-D mass analogue = 0

Basically, what this means is that, just like an infinitely thin, entirely flat, two-dimensional square has an infinite number of times less volume (and mass) than a three-dimensional cube, the cube also has an infinite number of times less volume (and mass) than a four-dimensional tesseract, which has an infinite number of times less volume (and mass) than a five-dimensional hypercube, and so onwards.

Source (for 4-D and 5-D mass equations??) It seems to me like you're applying measurements regarding geometry to infinitely large planes and philosophical concepts that are non-geometric. What I mean is that lines and planes are conceptual; in reality lines and planes do not physically exist, they are patterns. Sentient life does not exist in a 2-D scale, life has never been perceived in 2-D from any sentient POV, it is purely theoretical. Why would an equation for mass exist for an object that will never have mass, or for dimensions which we don't have any proof for yet?

Which units exactly would your equations use for 4-D or for 5-D?

I just wrote paragraphs and realized that it probably won't get me anywhere so I deleted it. I just want to be concise here:

Let me paraphrase: If an object in infinite and omnipotent in 3-D, is it still nothing compared to a 4-D germ? Does dimensionality necessarily imply size, and does size necessarily imply power? Or does it imply something different that we don't understand? I just don't think that a being simply existing in a higher plane of dimensionality necessarily grants it an advantage over an omnipotent being from some lower plane of dimensionality, especially in a vs. battle when adjusted for scale. We generally assume that TOAA exists on whichever dimensional plane his opponent would as well, no?

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Infinity is a relative term. Infinity is based on perspective.

Dimensions are a real life concept. Of course they have a meaning. Sentience in 2 dimensional space is irrelevant here. If you are arguing that just because it is a concept, so it shouldn't be applied, we might as well abandon everything that is multiversal, because the multiverse is just a concept as well. Heck, we can abandon everything, because everything is conceptual in nature, including emotions, science, math etc.

If you exist on a higher dimensional space, your opponent can't do anything at all to harm you. Its like a drawing within a paper trying to touch you. It does not grant you any special power whatsoever, your opponent just doesn't have the means to touch you.

Omnipotence by itself is impossible to prove or debunk. That is why I only subscribe to questionable omnipotence, not absolute omnipotence. An "absolutely omnipotent" being would have to do everything possible and impossible on-panel which is clearly impossible.

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has been stated that the LT is 16 dimensional, Beyonder said he was infinity dimensional. so I am not sure why anyone would think TOAA is just 16 dimensional.

TOAA is just 16 dimensional. PR Beyonder was before TOAA.

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AndreyS1337

@kgb725 said:

@gurban: Yes they are.. They've actually appeared in the MU it's not a theory

Nope. It was just characters with author's faces. They look like authors, but authors are not fictional characters, they are real people. So nope.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is.

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Infinity is a relative term. Infinity is based on perspective.

Dimensions are a real life concept. Of course they have a meaning. Sentience in 2 dimensional space is irrelevant here. If you are arguing that just because it is a concept, so it shouldn't be applied, we might as well abandon everything that is multiversal, because the multiverse is just a concept as well. Heck, we can abandon everything, because everything is conceptual in nature, including emotions, science, math etc.

If you exist on a higher dimensional space, your opponent can't do anything at all to harm you. Its like a drawing within a paper trying to touch you. It does not grant you any special power whatsoever, your opponent just doesn't have the means to touch you.

Omnipotence by itself is impossible to prove or debunk. That is why I only subscribe to questionable omnipotence, not absolute omnipotence. An "absolutely omnipotent" being would have to do everything possible and impossible on-panel which is clearly impossible.

You are right as always. Good arguments.

eliah1102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the time when CV had actuall debaters who actually read comics and actually had common sense........

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I miss the time when CV had actuall debaters who actually read comics and actually had common sense........

I've never read comics (I'm trying to now though) or had common sense i taught myself by researching characters on this site and reading through the battle threads.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gurban said:
    @buffalo said:

Off-topic:

It's funny that you left out the part of the dialogue where he stated that he was Omnipotent, but gave his Omnipotence to Belloc. Selective statement showing at it's finest.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By 01100110

@gurban: Actually TOAA actually appearred as Jack Kirby in a Fantastic Four comic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 01100110

@masterofluck123: Having writer-like abilities in-universe and being the writer of the story out of universe are different things. The verses within may be described with as many dimensions as they like but they are still essentially drawings to us.

Featherine can control the plot because she is the avatar of the author, but she is still subjected to the their whim, as she is basically a projection of a greater power.

Norin-Radd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Norin-Radd

Wait where does it actually states that toaa is 16 dimensional?

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait where does it actually states that toaa is 16 dimensional?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11126/111265083/4960099-6139025712-latest

We all know that TOAA is stronger than LT. So he is stronger 16-dimensional god.

@01100110 said:

@gurban: Actually TOAA actually appearred as Jack Kirby in a Fantastic Four comic.

And what? He looks like Jack Kirby, he is just an image of Jack Kirby. But real people are not fictional characters.

Toon Force, Omniverse, Authors, Plot manipulation - are joke possibilities/abilities. We shouldn't take it as serious arguments.

@sirneko said:
    @gurban said:
    @buffalo said:

Off-topic:

It's funny that you left out the part of the dialogue where he stated that he was Omnipotent, but gave his Omnipotence to Belloc. Selective statement showing at it's finest.

No Caption Provided

And what? Obviously, it is a hype. Primal Monitor is strongest force of DC. PM is stronger than Presence/Yahweh.

And "omnipotence" as the ability cannot be proved anyway. So no one could be omnipotent.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Overmonitor

This makes me want to take a break from Comicvine.

On topic: TOAA crushes Glory.

Glory is a device that can be made inoperable if the mortal being inside dies.

batmanprep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By batmanprep

Only in marvel. Anybody outside can beat him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gurban:TOAA is omnipotent because he is the Creator God of Marvel. Just like Azathoth is the omnipotent creator-deity within Lovecraft's works and Eru-Iluvatar occupies that role within LOTR. He isn't just stronger than LT, he is above everything in the setting and is not bound by its rules.

Of course real people are not fictional characters, but Jack Kirby is the one responsible for bringing the marvel universe to life, in other words he is the creator of the marvel universe and therefore its god. That's why TOAA looks like him.

Strictly speaking in-universe TOAA is the abrahmic god reinterpreted within the setting, while out of universe TOAA represents the will of the writers as they are those who hold absolute power over the setting and the characters within.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanwithprep: Nah it doesnt work like that. That would mean Joker beats TOAA. Its an NLF.

If TOAA fights someone he gets his powers to the best of his ability. We have rules for a reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanwithprep: TOAA is a character representing God, he would still be that in another setting. As would be Eru-Iluvatar. It's the reason you cannot make battles with omnipotents as two cannot coexist.

batmanprep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@01100110 said:

@batmanwithprep: TOAA is a character representing God, he would still be that in another setting. As would be Eru-Iluvatar. It's the reason you cannot make battles with omnipotents as two cannot coexist.

@batmanwithprep: Nah it doesnt work like that. That would mean Joker beats TOAA. Its an NLF.

If TOAA fights someone he gets his powers to the best of his ability. We have rules for a reason.

Toaa=stan lee. He has no right over DC or any other fiction. A fodder from gotham can stomp him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanwithprep: TOAA Is the representation of the creative principle and the abrahamic god within the marvel universe, he would still represent that outside of Marvel. He is Stan Lee in the sense that he and Jack Kirby are the progenitors of marvel, he isn't literally Kirby.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gurban: What do you mean "and?", you said Yahweh confirmed that he is not Omnipotent while he in fact confirmed the opposite.

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:

@gurban: What do you mean "and?", you said Yahweh confirmed that he is not Omnipotent while he in fact confirmed the opposite.

1) It was a hype.

2) Yahweh's/Presence's omnipotence was debunked by existence of Primal Monitor who is strongest force in DC. Two Omnipotents cannot exist in one fiction. It is simple.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gurban said:
    @sirneko said:

1) It was a hype.

2) Yahweh's/Presence's omnipotence was debunked by existence of Primal Monitor who is strongest force in DC. Two Omnipotents cannot exist in one fiction. It is simple.

There is almost nothing known about Primal Monitor, everything is just guesses, the website you showed is not canon to DC.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh The presence was confirmed to be Omnipotent recently during Lucifer v001 2015 as well as Mr Cary confirmation.. he is officialy Omnipotent.

emmanuelalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes he is

Avatar image for omnipotent_toaa
    Omnipotent_TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, The One Above All wields omnipotence

Omnipotent Beings

1. One-Above-All
    Creator of The MU
    2. The Presence
    God of DC
    3. One Below All
    TOAA’s counter part
    4. Beyonder
    Being possessing Omnipotent power
    5. Lucifer Morningstar
    Omnipotent
    6. Protege
    Can copy the powers of any being including the living tribunal
    7. Monitor-Mind The Over-Void
    8. The Great Evil Beast
    9. The House of Ideas
    10. Beyonders
    Omnipotent race
    11. Death of the Endless
    12. Living Tribunal
    13. Spectre
    14. Michael Demiurgos
    15. Elaine Belloc
    16. Never Queen

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.