Follow

Omega Effect

Concept » Omega Effect appears in 92 issues.

One of Darkseid's deadliest weapons, the Omega Effect is capable of annihilating virtually anything in the path of its beams. It also has a variety of other abilities.

The Omega Beams

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By justanormalguy

Can someone help me out? I'm trying to understand the difference between The Omega Beams The Omega Effect The Omega Sanction When I look stuff up, it all sounds the same to me. So if they are all the same, why not just be "The Omega Beams", and that's it. Why include more to confuse people?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Because they're not really "beams" per se. The Omega Sanction is the "correct" term. Or Omega Effect. While, yes, Beam is said, Sanction and Effect are preferred. But they're all different names for the same thing.

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By justanormalguy

I'm not understanding. There's no difference between Sanction and Beams? Why name them different then?

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By justanormalguy

** Effect

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@justanormalguy said:

I'm not understanding. There's no difference between Sanction and Beams? Why name them different then?

They're just different names for the same thing. I don't know why they named them the way that they did. Omega Sanction, Omega Effect, and Omega Beam are the same thing, but Sanction and Effect are the "correct" terms for what he does.

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By justanormalguy

But Effect has been used for life and death. Sanction just for teleportation. Do they look different?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

@justanormalguy said:

But Effect has been used for life and death. Sanction just for teleportation. Do they look different?

JediXMan is correct. There's no difference between the terms.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By majestic99

@JediXMan said:

They're just different names for the same thing. I don't know why they named them the way that they did. Omega Sanction, Omega Effect, and Omega Beam are the same thing, but Sanction and Effect are the "correct" terms for what he does.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

The Omega Effect is the umbrella term and the source of Darkseid's power. Its the thing that allows him to bend space time and such with his Omega Beams.  

The Omega Beams are the red beams of energy that come from his eyes that he can use to teleport, disassemble, attack or outright destroy his target.  

The Omega Sanction is an entirely different function of the Omega Effect, wherein Darkseid transports his target to another point in space/time, and infuses them with Omega Energy, for a variety of effects. The most common of which is that they experience "the life that is death", constantly dying in different areas of space/time. In the case of Bruce Wayne, Darkseid used the Omega Sanction to prime him with Omega Energy, allowing him to traverse time, building on the original amount of OE, so he would have accumulated enough, at the end of time, to power the Hunter-Killer machine. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.