Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1111 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

Nova movie thoughts

Nassirdada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nassirdada

I would love to see a Nova film in Marvel's Phase 3. However, I don't think It will happen.But if it did, what would you like to see ?

1. Would it be successful?
    2. Would you like to see the New Warriors ?
    3. Should Richard become the Nova Prime in the beginning or at the end of the movie ?
    4. Who should be the villain ?
    5. Any cameos from other Marvel characters that should be in the movie? maybe the Guardians of the Galaxy ?
    6. Should it build up to Avengers 3 or should it be a stand alone movie ?
    7. Which actor do you think should play him ?
    Nassirdada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nassirdada

Anyone?

_NERO_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By _NERO_

I to would love to see a Nova Movie. As for your questions;

1. I think it could be very successful, it all depends on when they would release it and when it would take place during Marvels film universe. of course it would be after The Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

2. I think it would be cool to get some sort of reference or cameo of some New Warriors members, but not have them be the main focus.

3. He would definitely need to become Nova Prime, though I think it could work if he became him sometime during the movie, although it would make for a great teaser for the future ones if he became Prime at the end. Ultimately though I would prefer to have him become Nova Prime the way he did in the comics, during the annihilation wave, just so in the movie, or a future one we could see him rip annihilus inside out.

4. There are allot of enemies that could be used. I think it would be cool to have the main villain be Garthan Saal, though based on how the Marvel Studios film universe is going it may be Thanos, or at least have mentioning of him.

5. There would definitely need to be cameos of some characters. I think it would be cool to have a cameo of Quasar, the Guardians of the Galaxy, some of the New Warriors (Namorita and Speedball for sure)

6. Hard to say if it should build up to Avengers 3, all depends on what Avengers 2 is about. That said, a stand alone would be great for Nova, but with the possibility of tying into/leading into other series'.

7. Can't really think of who they should get to play him, will have too to look around and get to you on that.

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stu630

id kill to see a nova movie!

kingkoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kingkoona

@Nassirdada: oh man nova has been one of my favourites since way back in annihilation. theyre making a guardians film so how can they possibly not include nova in there somewhere?

im not keen on the new warriors i think nova really did better on his own out in the cosmic side of things.

i think itd be great to have something along the line of annihilation, where he becomes the nova prime right at the start of the film. maybe he has an introduction in the guardians film?

as for villains, its gotta be Annihilus. hands down.

i dont think it shud build up the avengers 3 but should deffo have some sort of influence on the movie or maybe even after. mind, if i had my way all the marvel films would be related regardless of production company boundaries

i cant really think of anyone off the top of my head but maybe hayden christensen. he has a strong space opera back round (lol).

but im unsure as to who would be perfect. ida said chris evans or ryan reynolds. but theyre in far too many comic book films as it is lol

go nova!

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By coolguyr99

I would prefer a Silver Surfer movie.

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassirdada:

1. Would it be successful? Too many factors to say.
    2. Would you like to see the New Warriors ? No.
    3. Should Richard become the Nova Prime in the beginning or at the end of the movie ? In a sequel.
    4. Who should be the villain ? Sphinx
    5. Any cameos from other Marvel characters that should be in the movie? maybe the Guardians of the Galaxy ? After credits scene.
    6. Should it build up to Avengers 3 or should it be a stand alone movie ? Tie in to Guardians of the Galaxy
    7. Which actor do you think should play him ? Ryan Gosling

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.