Follow

Norman Osborn

Character » Norman Osborn appears in 2559 issues.

The amoral industrialist Norman Osborn was transformed by an experimental serum into the maniacal Green Goblin, and has endured over the decades as Spider-Man's most dreaded archenemy. Osborn is known for being the killer of Gwen Stacy, the architect of the Clone Saga, and the one-time director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Who Is Norman Osborn's Secret Weapon In Siege?

• 159 results
    CorndogBurglar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By CorndogBurglar
    @Green ankh said:
    "I am so tired of all this stuff.  Even DC's ARCs are going on to long.  BLackest Night is just going on and on..The superman stuff is getting old. Cap America is just turing dull. The Dark Reign is just bad. "

i can't stand people like this.  if you hate everything about comics right now, then why are you still reading them??  is it so you can go onto websites and talk noise? 
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By Korg
    @CorndogBurglar said:
    " if you hate everything about comics right now, then why are you still reading them??  is it so you can go onto websites and talk noise?  "
    If you hate someone's posts...
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#103  Edited By The_Martian
    @Korg said:
    " @CorndogBurglar said:
    " if you hate everything about comics right now, then why are you still reading them??  is it so you can go onto websites and talk noise?  "
    If you hate someone's posts... "
    If you gave a mouse a cookie...
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By bioghost

i know this is a long shot but Mr. M?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By InnerVenom123

Yes, because Osborn could EASILY convince Odin to join him. What kind of idiots do Marvel take people for?

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#106  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Would be funny if Mephisto offered the deal to Spidy and MJ at Osborn's request.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Nisk5 said:
    " X-MAN X-MAN X-MAN X-MAN X-MAN X-MAN X-MAN X-MAN X-MAN  PLEEEEEEEEEEEZZ "
    NO! i want him out of the whole big mess that Marvel is right now! its very unlikely that Marvel will keep the essence of the old school X-man, especially if they have him working for Osborn. There's just no way Nate could do that. Unless they ruin him first. 
     also, Nate's supposed to be the strongest telepath/ telekinetic in the marvel U. thats why he died. he's TOO strong. If they bring him back, it will only further Marvels current level of over-powered heroes (Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hulk....the list keeps going, but their the pick of the litter). if they bring back the strongest tk user their universe has ever seen, Marvel will once again have to either grossly over power one character,or  cheapen the value everyone else (WWH).
    Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Dro

I doubt it'd be Mephisto. Unless Hood's out of the Cabal, Mephisto would be running up against Dormammu. I doubt Mephisto would be able to take Dormammu.

Unless the Hood's already out of the Cabal. In which case, Mephisto's back on the table.

I personally believe it's Sentry, though. Or maybe the Void. Two sides of the same coin, so it's not that important, I guess.

Wolfgangg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Wolfgangg

I hope it's The Void.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#110  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nighthunter said:

" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:

" @Nighthunter said:
    "If I'm right that rumor was started in  Rich Johnston's comics gossip column  then again, if that part is indeed true then there is no point of having a teaser because unless Mephisto has a last name that starts with M it has to be Molecule Man "
    Or Marvel Man "
    Marvel man ain't in that teaser and Marvel got the rights after Dark Reign had begun "
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Marvel_Man    
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Stormultt
    @Nobody:
    It probably wendall or the void my last guesses.
    Avatar image for 34f79wghf9bw9efh293fh293fh8
    34gwecfaisuwiueb2eiub2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is Sentry!  People are reading to much into it I think.  Sentry is the heaviest hitter Osborn has bar none.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By The_Scourge

I'm wondering why would guys like the Beyonder or Mephisto be under Norman?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#114  Edited By joshmightbe

i dont think thanos would hide involvment cause hes not intimidated by anyone on earth and if he wanted some kind of political power on earth hed just take it, he definatly wouldnt work for any human. kid miracle man would be great
    Avatar image for celestialheroin
    celestialheroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By celestialheroin

Marvel Man- possibility,it kinda makes sense since they do want to incorparate him into the 616 continuity 

Molecule Man-Pre retcon he was one of the most powerful characters in the marvel universe,and if norman got a hold of him marvel would be in big trouble 

Hyperstorm-this one doesnt make sense at all,i dont know why he would be here but he does have the MM initials so its a possibility  

Blue Marvel-He does have MM on his chest but last time we saw him wasnt he like hanging out with tony stark? so i doubt he would just up and turn to the dark avengers

so these are the only ones i see as possibilities 
    EDIT:Sentry and mephisto are also possibilities

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#116  Edited By crimsonspider89

I think it will either be Molecule Man or Scarlett Witch. I think it will be Scarlett Witch. She is mentally unstable like all of his cronies except Ares, Cap. Marvel(New), and Moonstone. Marv and Ares have left him and Moonstone is just evil and enjoying her new powers. She also could fly if she altered her powers.

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Nighthunter said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " @Nighthunter said:
    "If I'm right that rumor was started in  Rich Johnston's comics gossip column  then again, if that part is indeed true then there is no point of having a teaser because unless Mephisto has a last name that starts with M it has to be Molecule Man "
    Or Marvel Man "
    Marvel man ain't in that teaser and Marvel got the rights after Dark Reign had begun "

They announced they had the rights after Dark Reign had begun.  Still, I'm inclined to believe it isn't him.
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By glforthewin

it's totally squirrel girl

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    This is going to be epic. Ive been reading Marvel for years but got right back into it around the time avengers disassembled happened, so this arc is made for someone like me, who has every book leading up to this, CANT F*ING WAIT!

Have no idea who it is but I can see it being Miracle Man, please not WANDA! I know a lot of people want it to be her, but i just want her to stay away, no need for her to be back, but i know a lot would disagree with me on that one ha ha But i'm a rare person that feels that way about Jean Grey, stay dead and out of x-men! been there done that ha ha anyways I'm off topic now.

@ Green ankh: to long!? not long enough, I hate when stories are crammed into only a few issues, just so people with short attention spans can enjoy them. And Blackest Night going on for to long? It's only on the 5th issue! Regular story arcs that are not events are around 6 issues usually so I don't get how u can say its going on to long. 

Oh and sorry bout the Bold, couldn't turn it off for some reason ha ha
    Cheers all have a good one
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By crimsonspider89

Wanda has already returned. Her "children" saw her and she was mentally insane. Also, Norman likes using crazy people as his goons.

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Sorry just thought it would make sense if its the Void, hes always in darkness hence the shadow ha ha but more so i think this because it does look like a jacket the guy is wearing in that one image, which Void does wear a black trench coat. Ok that all the reasons why i thought of this ha ha ha

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By crimsonspider89

But the Sentry got shot. I think it is Wanda cause the character Norman is talking to has long hair and she is the only one besides Odin with long hair. He also implied he has been taking care of her. I think the disc is a sign of him giving up on Sentry.

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By crimsonspider89

I think it is Molecule Man.

rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By rightprice

crimsonspider89, Sentry survived that shot to the face and was in the next issue of Dark Avengers after the one in which he was shot.  Also, in what way does the disk Norman is throwing represent the Sentry? 

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By crimsonspider89

IDK, maybe the big yellow S on it. Like his symbol. Wrong about that then. Sorry.

Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Dro

I feel like I've seen the object that Norman's throwing before, but I can't think of where...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#128  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    " But the Sentry got shot. I think it is Wanda cause the character Norman is talking to has long hair and she is the only one besides Odin with long hair. He also implied he has been taking care of her. I think the disc is a sign of him giving up on Sentry. "
    Sentry is still alive....
    Nisk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#129  Edited By Nisk5
    @Niko said:
    "It's X-Man. That's obviously who it is. It only makes sense. "

Yah, but I don't think that he is under Osbourn's employment. I heard he was returning to fight the Dark X-men
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By crimsonspider89

Nate Grey is gonna fight the Dark X-men, so no.

Deadeyeduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Deadeyeduck

Not to read too much into a shadow but :) 

The build seems to indicate a guy with long hair...first guy i thought of was Nuke...or scourge, or whatever he calls himself these days. 
    Why does it have to be someone in the promo? 
    Second guess would be Marvel Man..due to the recent legal stuff and wanting him in 616 continuity. 

Last guess would be the most powerful being in the cosmos: 
    Rocket Racoon. 

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By mavfan626

i say beyonder!, he'd be up for it

Deadeyeduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Deadeyeduck

I've got it! 
    Its Rob Liefeld! 

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By crimsonspider89

Molecule Man is out now. So, I am gonna say Scarlett Witch.

Avatar image for the_incredible_huck
    The Incredible Huck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to think of someone who could threaten both Doom and Loki and their alliance. Enter Mephisto ( could MM stand for Mephisto Mephistopheles?). He has control over the soul of Dooms mother so he could easily blackmail Doom. They have fought several times so there is no love between the two. Also, Mephisto once helped Loki steal the soul of Odin, allowing Loki to posses his body and claim the throne of Asgard. Eventually he was overthrown by Odin, who traded Loki's soul to Mephisto in return (according to Mephisto it was his ultimate goal to claim the soul of Loki all along). Loki, being a slippery bastard, managed to escape hell after several months. I could see Mephisto being pretty pissed off at being tricked and manipulated by a being of similar power/motives. Also, he could have a relationship with Osborn having just resurected his son Hary Osborn (an unexplained side effect of returning Aunt May and changing everyones memories about Spiderman/Mary Jane). So Mephisto definately has the motive to ally himself with Osborn in order to crush/humiliate Doom and reclaim Loki's soul. Vise versa, both Doom and Loki have a reason to hate and fear Mephisto. Being that the upcoming Seige event has a lot to do with Asgard and Latveria I wouldnt be surprised if the Devil made an appearance. 

Avatar image for the_incredible_huck
    The Incredible Huck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Incredible Huck:
    Correction; Mephisto does not own Doom's mother's soul anymore. After years of trying Doom succesfully stole it back from Mephisto and sent it to heaven. 
    That being said, Mephisto has even more motive to go after Doom and Loki; both have stolen a soul from him.

badnews22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By badnews22

It's not going to be X-Man or scarlet witch since  at this point it seems like the x-men won't be involved in siege. Probably not mephesto, odin , or thanos. Beyonder is next best guess. But Im inclined to Miracle man since Marvel bought the rights to his character earlier this year. Either way Im stoked for whats to come. 
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#138  Edited By The_Martian

If it has to be someone on the poster my guess would be Thanos.

1. X-Man: Norman didn't meet till the end of Dark Reign and he had his Secret Weapon at the beginning of it.
    2. Scarlet Witch: Loki has been running around as Scarlet Witch with the Mighty Avengers. Don't you think Norman would have found it odd having his Secret Weapon running around with the enemy?
    3. Odin: Thor has already seen Odin since his return. Odin was fine with not coming back, he was expecting it. Why would he change his mind suddenly?
    4. Molecule Man: Like X-Man, Norman didn't meet him until way after Dark Reign started.

That leaves us with Beyonder, Mephisto, and Thanos. Out of the three, Thanos would be the most interesting IMO.

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By crimsonspider89

Mephisto, Thanos, Scarlett Witch and Beyonder are still good. 

1. Mephisto- As everybody has said, has done dealings with Doom/Loki and also a way to tie into BND since Bendis is a spidey fan but Loki did not looked phased at all. I think Loki would be a little phased by Mephisto. Also took two lightning bolts to destroy the doom bot. 
    2. Thanos- No reason for him to work with Norman unless he gives Thanos the Reality Gem. IDK about him. 
    3. Scarlett Witch- Has had alterations with Hood, Doom and Loki. Would be strong enough to destroy the robot in two hits and Norman did mention M-Day to doom.  
    4. Beyonder- No reason beyond the spider man ties.

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ribeye

this is far fetched but what if mm is short for mastermind maybe its mastermind void sentry brought him back to life and hes sharing space with the void my number 1 guess is mephisto although molecule man and the beyonder are right behind those other 4 are longshots but what if void mastermind confused the scarlet witch into disassembled just a long shot another mm is morris maxwell normans old gathering of the 5 buddy 

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ribeye
    @crimsonspider89: mephisto would be my best guess then maybe molecule man and the beyonder who could be void and sentry a far fetched theory is mastermind who could of brainwashed sentry into bringing him back alive in case he died and is now sharing space with the void 
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @ribeye:  It is not Molecule Man. He just attacked Norman recently.
    Avatar image for the_matrix_holder
    The_matrix_holder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

um...isn't that the reality gem that osborn is tossing?  we all know that the illuminate split up the gems, what gem did tony get?  I think there is a hint in the civil war story,  after it was over, tony says that the outcome was the best of the 16 he had envisioned  or something to that end.   did tony change reality to shape the course of events? did he leave it in his armory that osborn has access to now?
    what could norman do with  that reality gem.   anything really.   could the goblin persona be manipulating things without normy's  notice?  I think that the clue is the gem, the characters are just red herrings.

The_matrix_holder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wrong.  I believe that the gem on the cover is the 7yh gem called ego. 

My vote is nemesis/ego. who else would make doom soil his suit like that , lol. not many people remember the whole ultraverse crapload nonsense. here is a wiki about ego and nemesis.

"The Asgardian god Loki enters the Ultraverse and collects the Gems, also discovering the existence of a seventh Gem - Ego. The character learns the Infinity Gems were originally part of a gestalt being (formed by several parts) known as Nemesis. The Ego Gem, possessing the Avenger Sersi, merges with the other Gems to reform Nemesis and battles superhero teams the Avengers and Ultraforce, before being dissipitated once again.[12]

"Nemesis is a fictional character that appears in comic books published by Malibu Comics and Marvel Comics. The character was created by Jim Starlin and is first mentioned in the limited series The Thanos Quest.[1]

The Elder of the Universe known as the Runner claims that this entity existed in the time before the current universe, eventually committing suicide out of loneliness. This apparently spawns "reality in all its many forms", including the Infinity Gems.[2]

The character is a gestalt being, and reforms when all seven of the Infinity Gems are reunited in the limited series Avengers/Ultraforce.[3] As the living embodiment of the Infinity Gems, the character can achieve virtually any effect by simply willing it." 

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think its the usual misdirection weve seen as of late honestly. examples like Wanda returning in Mighty Avengers turns out to
    be Loki, Professor X aligned with Norman turns out to be Mystique, Sentrys nature in constant flux, ect. The character will show looking like one on the ad, or none. my guess is it has something to do with any of these characters.

Kubik
    Kosmos

The_matrix_holder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you're right that it must be one of the characters in the ad.  they do show the infinity gauntlet and an extra gem being tossed by norman.  the seven gems together is in fact nemesis so he/she is actually in the ad,  most readers would not know who nemesis is and would be unable to decipher the clues there.

Jor-el Zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Jor-el Zod

I think it's either scarlet witch or mephisto. brand new day is going to final fucking end and I hope spiderman kicks his ass. as for wanda we know she still has her powers since she scerwed clint barton.

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By OhTru
    @Closure said:
    " This is event will end with three words.  "No More Gods!"  lol "
    Please! don't give Bendis anymore ideas

He's stolen enough lame ideas off the internet already
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thinking heavily on the Sentry is Marvelman thing.
    also thinking the Secret Weapon may be Thors clone Ragnorak

VictorCedillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By VictorCedillo

i vote for Shuma Gorath , he is so cool an unused

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.