Follow

Nick Fury

Character » Nick Fury appears in 4274 issues.

Nicholas Joseph Fury served in World War II as the leader of the Howling Commandos. He later became an agent, and eventually director, of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury is one of the greatest strategic minds in the world, a born leader and a master of espionage. He currently serves as a replacement Watcher.

Wolverine and The X-Men

MorganaV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MorganaV

Ok so i just watched the episode of Wolverine and The X-men titled Wolverine vs Hulk and i gotta say they really dd a unique Nick Fury, i mean he was such an asshole, he ddn't even seem like a heroic character, lying, doing experiment on people turning them into monsters, maybe not directly but he dd lye about it, trying to kill banner and using him, saying wolverine and banner were things for him to use and then worse of all forcing Wolverine to help him or he'd sell out the location and names of the x-men to the government. Now i love Wolverine and The X-Men but i mean what the hell dd they make Nick evilish like that for?? So many good mutants from the comics are evil in this but why also nick fury???

Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
    Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look Wolverine and the X-men is not cannon and is a story wehere EVERYTHING is set to be different. 

The animators said it in the first episode in the DVD special features.

Wolverine Is given the leader responsibility so that he wont be the outlaw he always is and end up leaving.  

Scott is heart broken and his father is lost to give him a reason to fight, his apperance is somewhat changed and so is his attitude.

Everything has a purpose. If it was the same as always then all we would have is the old X-men or X-men evolution.

MorganaV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MorganaV

I understand changing characters, characters are different in most versions of marvel, but i'm just really  surprised they made Nick such an asshole like that. All versions of nick fury have been good. It's just real surprising they made him like that.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

I thought it was a good take on Nick.  He's had years of making difficult choices and doing the wrong thing for the right reasons.  Anyway, it isn't as if he's the star of the show.  Until you mentioned it, I had completely forgotten he was even in it!  It really wasn't that big a change...
    Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
    Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MorganaV said:
    "  I understand changing characters, characters are different in most versions of marvel, but i'm just really  surprised they made Nick such an asshole like that. All versions of nick fury have been good. It's just real surprising they made him like that. "
    Not really, Nick Fury would sell his grandma if it meant that his vision of good would be safe. Look at Ultimate Alliance for example. The heroes saved the world and at the end he just dismiss them like if they were nothing. That's why Captain America kind of got a bit mad and when Nick ask if SHIELD could count on him, Steve responds:

"The world can count on us, sir."  
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By iLLituracy

Nick Fury is and has always been an asshole.

Punkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What pissed me off was eyepatch was on the wrong side.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.