Follow

New Avengers

Team » New Avengers appears in 1202 issues.

After a massive breakout at the Raft super-villain prison, Earth's Mightiest Heroes united again to catch the inmates who escaped, some leave, some stay and some are new recruits which ultimately became the New Avengers.

New Avengers #50 In 240 SECONDS!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

What did you think? 

Was the battle what you wanted?  Did the change in art bother you?  What was your favorite part?  What do you think of the current New Avengers line up?
    Black L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By Black L.A.M.P.

WOW!!!

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The Hottness

Love the beginning of the comic. spider-man  was so funny

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Precise

I loved the issue, there were a lot of funny moments in there! One thing that made me think was in the end with Ares, why just stand there, is he having second thoughts?..

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I too am not a fan of a comic with lots of guest artists.  I like one artists interpretation all the way through or I get stressed out.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Martian

The change in the art was kinda annoying and the it was a little bit of a let down. But over all rocked.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pixelized

I liked the issue, but i felt mislead by the cover and what issue 49 looked like it was leading up to. The only real problem i had with the change in Art, was Greg Horn's Ms. Marvel sequence. That was horrendous and i couldn't get off that page fast enough. Everything else was alright though.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By The_Martian

Spider-Woman's section wasn't that great either. I think the one who had the best sequence art was Spider-Man.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized

Clint and Bobbi's wasn't bad at all either, but i do remember Peter's being quite lovely.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik
    pixelized said:
    "I liked the issue, but i felt mislead by the cover and what issue 49 looked like it was leading up to. The only real problem i had with the change in Art, was Greg Horn's Ms. Marvel sequence. That was horrendous and i couldn't get off that page fast enough. Everything else was alright though.
    "
    I felt the same way.
    defunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By defunkt
    pixelized said:
    "I liked the issue, but i felt mislead by the cover and what issue 49 looked like it was leading up to. The only real problem i had with the change in Art, was Greg Horn's Ms. Marvel sequence. That was horrendous and i couldn't get off that page fast enough. Everything else was alright though.
    "
    Yeah that page was pretty terrible. I thought the issue as a whole was great and a fun read. Haha Venom.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Decept-O

G-Man, you doity, doity man....

Is this the first 5 out of 5 rating you've given a comic book? 

xstefanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By xstefanx

I thought the change in the art was kind of neat. It did through me off at first, wasn't sure what was happening but over all I thought it was a neat thing to have each person perspective on it. I also thought the art for spider-woman was pretty sweet. While I can understand why people wouldn't like it I thought it was good. As far as Ms. Marvel, I didn't think the art was bad at all, but while the others kind of still had the same flow somewhat this art was too computer graphic looking for it to flow correctly, but I still thought it was good art.

I do wish it would have been the fight we were all expecting but I still thought it was really good, the way it tied into dark avengers was done well and I really liked it.

Enough talk of it here though, Captain Codebro and I will have a video review up soon so check it out.

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mattydeNero

When I purchased the issue, I saw the 4.99 and was like, "Geeeez."    But even though in the past four years I have both loved, and hated, Bendis' directions with all of this fallout from when the Avengers first disassembled.  The bantering alone between ALL characters was pretty sweet giving the issue replay value.  The different artists kind of bummed me out.  Especially Greg Horn.  Good choice guys.  It looked like a college kid got his girlfriend dressed up like Carol Danvers and had her pose.  Then she took pictures of him posing, added a little more color and other crap for effect, and there you go.  His art to me is unoriginal.  Kind of like J.G. Jones and his "John Cena" Superman.  If you know Cena is, checkout Jones' Supes from early on in Final Crisis or on the cover of a Wizard from last year sometime. 

Gimmie Hitch or Billy Tan throughout, or even half and half.  Overall, I agree the issue was fun, but I just feel a let down with all of this.  Worth the money for sure.  All I'm saying is Ares wants to fight, period.  Give me that. 

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Legacy_

I loved issue #50 though the New Avengers did not fight the Dark Avengers, just fighting the criminal syndicate as always.   The comic was great IMO.  Norman Osborn stated why he didn't want to fight.  As the leader of H.A.M.M.E.R he wasn't going to start off his job by beating up Captain America.  So, the Dark Avengers left to Latveria to help Dr. Doom against Morgana Le Fey. 

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Media_Master

AWESOME!

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By DMC

the ending good but could have been better executed, I think Clint said a bit too much. I hope we get too see the repercussions of Clints actions in some form, (even if it's for a panel or 2) but it's highly unlikely since their Dr. Strange is coming back to deal with the new Sorcerer Supreme. We will definitely see repercussions in Dark Avengers #5 according to its solicitation

JohnnyBeBlazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JohnnyBeBlazin
    @xstefanx said:
    "I thought the change in the art was kind of neat. It did through me off at first, wasn't sure what was happening but over all I thought it was a neat thing to have each person perspective on it. I also thought the art for spider-woman was pretty sweet. While I can understand why people wouldn't like it I thought it was good. As far as Ms. Marvel, I didn't think the art was bad at all, but while the others kind of still had the same flow somewhat this art was too computer graphic looking for it to flow correctly, but I still thought it was good art. I do wish it would have been the fight we were all expecting but I still thought it was really good, the way it tied into dark avengers was done well and I really liked it. Enough talk of it here though, Captain Codebro and I will have a video review up soon so check it out."

couldnt have said it better myself

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.