Follow

Namor

Character » Namor appears in 4967 issues.

Namor the Sub-Mariner is the ruler of undersea Atlantis. The offspring of a sea captain and an Atlantean princess, he has been both a hero and a villain to the surface world. Namor is one of Marvel's oldest published characters with his origins in the Golden Age of comics.

Digital Submariner Comics

dastari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dastari

I don't know how many people have availed themselves of Marvel's Digital Library but I think its a pretty good service. Its biggest problem is that I wish we had access to pretty much everything Marvel ever published and its far from being that complete. To that end, I'm trying to enlist some help. I've always been curious about the origins of the very oldest characters in Marvel and have always had a special place in my heart for Namor. Thankfully Marvel Digital does have the first 15 issues of Marvel Mystery Comics. I'm hoping to start a campaign to get them to upload more. I realize that some golden age books may not be digitized yet which is why I'm only asking for them to put up those books that have been reprinted in the last few years since those definitely exist in a digital format. Marvel has shown itself to listen when enough people ask them to upload a certain book. So anyone else who would like to see this I ask to e-mail onlinesupport@marvel.comand tell them that you want to see:

Marvel Mystery Comics 16-24 (every issue features Namor)

Hopefully if enough people ask for it we'll get the books.

NX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NX

can't waite to look into this.

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rheged

Do they have the Atlas issues by Bill Everett uploaded yet? Those are great!

dastari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By dastari

Yeah they have those and they have most of the Timely issues as well, but I'm also trying to get the Marvel Mystery Comics issues uploaded. All the Bill Everett stuff is great.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

Good to know!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.