Follow

Mr. Sinister

Character » Mr. Sinister appears in 1877 issues.

Mr. Sinister is a supervillain originating from Marvel Comics. Nathaniel Essex was a 19th Century scientist that was genetically mutated by Apocalypse, who shared his philosophy of Social Darwinism. Becoming the immortal Mr. Sinister, he is perhaps the greatest geneticist in the world; capable of cloning, creating, enhancing, and controlling mutant abilities. Sinister is one of the X-Men's most dangerous enemies.

Feelings About His Death

• 30 results
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pixelized

are you referring to his death in...Messiah complex?

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Slinger

I like it, I thought Sinister was stale. I guess how he was killed may have been a little lame, but I'm glad he's dead, I thought he was kind of a lame character.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pixelized

aztek_the_lost says:

"pixelized says:
    "are you referring to his death in...Messiah complex?"
    yes...didn't realize there was another one..."

semi smart comment.

mkay

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized

i have no feelings, good nor bad, towards Sinister....so his dying was like watching one of the extras in titanic jump overborad....its whatever

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Slinger

aztek_the_lost says:

"Slinger says:
    "I like it, I thought Sinister was stale. I guess how he was killed may have been a little lame, but I'm glad he's dead, I thought he was kind of a lame character."

gasps

lame? how so?"

I don't know, he just never really seemed to live up to his potential, his schemes were always very circular and took a ridiculous amount of setup to achieve minimal result. He seemed to me like he could have been cool, but was relegated to the part of supporting vilian too often, when he really could have taken a main stage. It seems to me that killing him was putting him out of his misery.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized

i'm familiar with his character, but the only time i've come across him was messiah complex

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized

Slinger says:

"I don't know, he just never really seemed to live up to his potential, his schemes were always very circular and took a ridiculous amount of setup to achieve minimal result. He seemed to me like he *could* have been cool, but was relegated to the part of supporting vilian too often, when he really could have taken a main stage. It seems to me that killing him was putting him out of his misery."

what he said

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized

its fine...nothing in marvel stays dead...he'll pop back up eventually

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Slinger

aztek_the_lost says:

"you never knew what Sinister was really planning"

That was exactly my problem, he was evil for the sake of being evil, which doesn't make sense, he has to have some kind of motive. Have they ever done a real origin story? Something to shed some light on all of that?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pixelized

I remember reading something like that in the Ultimate universe. he's lame now that you made me think of that

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Slinger

aztek_the_lost says:

"Slinger says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:

That was exactly my problem, he was evil for the sake of being evil, which doesn't make sense, he has to have some kind of motive. Have they ever done a real origin story? Something to shed some light on all of that?"

yeah...check the page

he's not really evil, his motive is to create or find the ultimate mutant to release him from Apocalypse's shadow"

I'll read up on him, maybe I'll change my mind, but still just wanting to be better than Apocalypse, sounds like he could use some extensive therapy instead, lol. I'll be back maybe tomorrow and see if I feel differently.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"Slinger says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:

That was exactly my problem, he was evil for the sake of being evil, which doesn't make sense, he has to have some kind of motive. Have they ever done a real origin story? Something to shed some light on all of that?"

yeah...check the page

he's not really evil, his motive is to create or find the ultimate mutant to release him from Apocalypse's shadow"

If he's not really evil why would he call himself... Mr. Sinister? For that matter form & lead groups called the Nasty Boys & Marauders?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pixelized

Sidenote...you bought Emma frost based off my review?!!?!?! aww shucks...glad you enjoyed...moving on.

Sinister has a certain character type that i cant put my finger on...its killing me...

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"Shatterstar says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Slinger says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:

yeah...check the page

If he's not really evil why would he call himself... Mr. Sinister? For that matter form & lead groups called the Nasty Boys & Marauders?

"

well, his motive is not to be evil its just that what he does do is considered despicable to humanity so he has made himself what everyone believes him to be...a super villain

and the groups are because only villains are willing to do what he needs done"

Well you can say that about a lot of villains. By that rationale an individual is not evil solely because he does evil things? Can anyone be considered evil? Red LAMP drowns puppies not because he's evil but because he needs to commit evil acts to serve his needs of making adorable puppy skin shoes.

I'd say both Sinister & Red LAMP can be considered evil because they serve solely their own selfish motives with disregard for the rights of puppies, orphans, and Summers family members.

On the original topic, he'll be back, no one stays dead in the Marvel U. especially not established, well known characters. Might be a year or two but he'll be back. Maybe with a mustache.

Dormath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#26  Edited By Dormath

LOL I would actually really like to see that.

spirito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spirito

MYSTIQUE OWNED SINISTER GO MYSTIQUE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By Wolfy

I actually got into comic books because I'm such a large Mister Sinister fan. I'm not sure he entirely qualifies as evil, only because what he is trying to accomplish is not inherently evil. However, his methods are dark and generally frowned upon. He is well aware of this, and in one comic stated that it does disturb him because he "is not a monster". It was an interesting read. =)

As to the question of his name? His wife said it to him before she died. Because he was trying to bring their son back to life. Oo, evil.

I agree Aztec, I love Sinister. I even enjoyed his ultimate counterpart. I doubt he'll stay dead; the guy has suffered a lot more fatalities than that. Hasn't he been shown in the past to be immune to Rogue's power, no less? I hope if he does come back its with his old costuming team. The whole pretty boy look just... didn't jell well in my opinion.

queenneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By queenneo

Hello, I am new to the site, but I felt I should join in. I agree with Wolfy in that the only reason I started to read comics was because of the Mr. Sinister Character. He seemed so different, he didn't just want to take over the world or kill humans, he was more a behind the scene kind of villain. I stopped reading comices for a LONG time and I was surprised when I picked up Messiah Complex and saw how he had changed so much. I don't think he is dead, I do think he will come back better than before. However, I have a question, when did he start to grow his hair out. If any one can answer please let me know. Thank you.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Slinger

Apparently he's back and bald...

See Gambler's X-Men thread.

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36  Edited By likalaruku

My favorite villains always cheat death. Just look how many times the Joker has come back. He'd better not have turned into a chick though >:(

& since I can't get the quote button to function.... Sinister means "left handed" not evil.

queenneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By queenneo

Yes, I agree he came back as a women is creepy. I mean, she looks ugly to begin with, but  Sinister should have found a low level mutant to take over and he could have always reinjected himself with othe rmutants DNA like he did before. I do think he won't stay under Shaw for long. I think he will break free and kick ass when he gets tired of Shaw and the Hellfire Club.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By John Valentine

Sinister is awesome: awesoem characters come back.

BriClops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BriClops

i don know if this thread is dead or not but, i too am a sinister fan, man or women haha but i think when he was forced into the other body how she had preparred to prevent him from taking control of her but still gaining his power, he will be dorment in there and somehow take her out of the picture. if he can mind wrestle with profesor x she aint no thang but a chicken wing!

DarkeyeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DarkeyeZ

Hey all, I'm new to this. I'm a huge Mr. Sinister fan and just wanted to give my feelings about him. His death SUCKED. he's a telepath and about 100 times stronger than Mystique. This shouldn't have happened. He is also known for Cloning, so, He'll be back. as far as him not having good schemes, being a shallow villian or having no motives, well, I think he is very much in depth and has very good themes and motives. just read "the future Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" to see his awesome orgin.  Sinister was a top Geneticist that firts discovered the "X-gene" that creates Mutants. He took the Idea to Darwin and he thought he was insane. He thought that if you could control the "X-gene" you could get rid of all disease (as everyone would be immue or have a crazy healing factor), and humans would evolve into something better. Apocalypse makes him immortal so that he could see is experiments to the end. He later turns on Apocalypse when he realizes that Apocalypse does not care about anything beyond survival of the fittest. So, Sinister see's Apocalypse as a threat to his work and tries to make a Mutant strong enough to kill him (was supposed to be Cable, but Apocalypse found out this plan and infected Cable with a virus preventing him from ever fully accessing his powers). Sinister still schemes to kill Apocalypse, but his methods clash with the X-men.
    Mr. Sinister is my favorite villian of all time (with The Joker coming in a close second).
    They better bring him back. and this whole "Miss Sinister thing is just embarassing

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42  Edited By likalaruku
    aztek the lost said:
    "

What are your opinions on Sinister's death and possible return?

I happened to hate it, not just because Sinister is my favorite character but because he deserves a better death. I believe he will return...

considers sharing Gambler's views so more people will pay attention to the thread but decides against it

"
    Of my six favorites, Sinister is my most-est favorite  :p

I'd be just as pissed if he was replaced by a woman as if he was killed off. He has more potential & he's foxy to boot. It's the impact you'd have if your favorite male rockstar suddenly got a sex changeout of the blue. If you're a hetero man, it's more like your favorite female celebrity getting a meat package & a breast reduction.

For me, it would be like DC getting rid of the Joker.

spirito said:
    "

MYSTIQUE OWNED SINISTER GO MYSTIQUE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"
    Oh, the irony of my favorite female character shooting my favorite villain. & exatcly how the fuck did she do it? He's asposta be invincible n stuff!   :(
    ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By ArtJoker

At first i had mixed feelings towards this guy, however when i look back when i was a kid watching the TV show in the 90s he was probably the one villan who stood out to me. he was as twisted as Magneto. for me personally some of the best villains are the ones who view their actions as just despite how bad or good. for example Magneto was a victim of the Holocaust and his belief of homo superior being the superior species eventually turned him into the force that he was a victim of.  I suppose i do feel sad because Sinister was killed off. i think what made him such a good villan was because he was never afraid to cross the line, like being the mastermind behind the morlock mutant massacre, in order to kill off the weaker mutants in order to increase the chances of the creation of far superior mutant through reproduction, from what i understand. sorry if i went off on a tangent. i guess what im saying is that i thought he was a great villan, and that he should come back with a vengence!!! : )

Avatar image for bastion_the_master__sentinel
    Bastion the Master--Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope nothing in marvel stay dead,i hope so strong that Thanos come back!!
    the death of sinister was for me the most shocking moment in messias complex
    now i hate mystique cause she killed the BIGGEST Genetic on the whole world,his genius was once even bigger than the of the high evolutionary
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By warlock360

oh, yes.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Edamame said:
    He has unofficially returned as Miss Sinister anyway.
    ^__^ now mr sinister and misses sinister are separate people(x-23 ongoing I forget which issue)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.