Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

What does everyone think of the costume change?

• 79 results
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The difference is pretty staggering. What does everyone think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Moon Businessman or Moon Knight ?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

He looks like the Crime Master to me.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Not a fan.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

He looks like a serial killer

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

I suppose it will scare criminals since they'll assume he's going to drag them off to a rape dungeon.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks less intimating than before

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Strange

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, he doesn't come off like a Batman clone, as he did before. But the business suit... he looks like a villain now, not a hero. And I don't mean that in a good way.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight: Do you like Huey Lewis & the news?

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They certainly could have done better. Now he looks like the Joker instead of Batman

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I think they both look great.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind. Then again, I don't care for Moon Knight much.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
    thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I like the new one, he now looks like least of a Batman ripoff now, and I'm a fan of a suited hero.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else notice how similar he looks to The Rose AKA Richard Fisk

No Caption Provided

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm feeling indifferent about this. Is this really what he's going to be fighting crime in? Or is this just a picture of him in a suit?

But if this is his crime fighting costume, I'm curious in which direction they are going to take Moon Knight. I picture some sort of American Psycho type character, just a crazy a** rich dude in a tux.

Avatar image for friendlysymbiotevenomman
    FriendlySymbioteVenomMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's nothing to indicate Moon Knight's going to spend a lot of time running around fighting crime in this. The preview art also featured Moon Knight with the cape/hood (See top panel). I wouldn't really call it a costume change

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

That isn't really his new costume for the Ellis series coming out in 2014 is it?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks like a weird Bayman villain who worships the moon and chooses his victims based on its cycle lol

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats his stealth /espionage costume not his main one. Hel be wearing his regular one in the new series. Ellis made this costume for him in new avengers

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Has all the ingredients of a typical Batman villain lol

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@queencorp15: @friendlysymbiotevenomman: eh, no he won't. Do some research before you start commenting. There has been interviews with Ellis, the editor and one of the artists overtly stating that MK's costume has changed for this series. You don't know what your talking about..

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queencorp15: @friendlysymbiotevenomman: eh, no he won't. Do some research before you start commenting. There has been interviews with Ellis, the editor and one of the artists overtly stating that MK's costume has changed for this series. You don't know what your talking about..

Uat?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I think I looks great

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

This is exactly why it's perfect.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thinks it's great.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks pretty nice.

Avatar image for friendlysymbiotevenomman
    FriendlySymbioteVenomMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey: He's talked about having Moon Knight in the suit, yes. But again, Moon Knight is also wearing the classic costume in the preview art, which I have linked you to and someone else has helpfully posted in the thread. I'm not trying to argue that he won't be rocking the tux in the new series, just that there's no evidence of the classic look being retired. To the best of my knowledge, anyway; if you can point me to an interview where Ellis says "Nope, no classic suit ever, that time it shows up in the preview art is an optical illusion, bye," then please do so. But unless he's said something to that effect, I would assume Moon Knight's going to be using both costumes at different points.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By DanialCarroll

It worked well in Secret Avengers, so I'm willing to give it a chance. I hope the classic suit isn't gone completely though.

No Caption Provided

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

@joshmightbe said:

Interesting. How so? I'm not really a fan of MK so i'm curious as to why.

Marc worships a bloodthirsty god (that he occasionally hears talking to him) and he cut off a dude's face once. He's not technically insane (the god is real), but he's obviously not the picture of stability either. He's also a very scary person. It figures that his idea of stealth would involve looking like this.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@theacidskull said:

@innervenom123 said:

@joshmightbe said:

Marc worships a bloodthirsty god (that he occasionally hears talking to him) and he cut off a dude's face once. He's not technically insane (the god is real), but he's obviously not the picture of stability either. He's also a very scary person. It figures that his idea of stealth would involve looking like this.

This. I actually like this look....it also seems a bit more distinctive than his last costume,but at the same time,I have absolutely no problem with that costume,either. In fact,I like both.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

@theacidskull said:

@innervenom123 said:

@joshmightbe said:

I see, makes sense. Thank you.

I have to disagree on one point, Marc is crazy, just because Knoshu is real doesn't mean Marc isn't nuttier than a Planters factory. He's just not imagining Knoshu.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Marc's not "comic book crazy." Joker is comic book crazy. Marc's more "damaged", more "anti-hero unstable." A notch above Frank Castle, with a few exceptions for his lowest points... like cutting a dude's face off or carving crescents into people's foreheads. Because a scary bloodstarving god told him to. He's still capable of empathy and understands that he's f**ked up. He even feels remorse for his past.

Unless you wanna argue that Frank is comic book crazy, in which case my argument is kinda moot.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By joshmightbe
    ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see this going one of two ways.

A) He just randomly walks into bad neighboorhoods in his conspicuous as f*** suit, and whenever someone looks at him funny he throws the mask on like he's holding up a bank.

B) He actually sees himself as the Moon Knight now, and just wears the mask with everything. A suit, a wifebeater, while making love. Like a cross between Deadpool and Fraction-Hawkeye.

They're pretty much equally hilarious.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg: Yeah something like Calendar Man lol

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see this going one of two ways.

A) He just randomly walks into bad neighboorhoods in his conspicuous as f*** suit, and whenever someone looks at him funny he throws the mask on like he's holding up a bank.

B) He actually sees himself as the Moon Knight now, and just wears the mask with everything. A suit, a wifebeater, while making love. Like a cross between Deadpool and Fraction-Hawkeye.

They're pretty much equally hilarious.

Holy crap, yes.

Yes.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@friendlysymbiotevenomman: @friendlysymbiotevenomman:

@hit_monkey: He's talked about having Moon Knight in the suit, yes. But again, Moon Knight is also wearing the classic costume in the preview art, which I have linked you to and someone else has helpfully posted in the thread. I'm not trying to argue that he won't be rocking the tux in the new series, just that there's no evidence of the classic look being retired. To the best of my knowledge, anyway; if you can point me to an interview where Ellis says "Nope, no classic suit ever, that time it shows up in the preview art is an optical illusion, bye," then please do so. But unless he's said something to that effect, I would assume Moon Knight's going to be using both costumes at different points.
    Right you don't have to circle that part of the preview. We've all seen it. Lets look at though. Since you brought it up. Some blogger is looking at a jpeg on MK in his classic suit. That's not the Moon Knight of this series, it's just a picture on a computer. If anything its a reference to his classic costume. Which WON'T be his costume in this series. You know how I concluded this? I read this article - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49485. Where among other things, the guy drawing this series said this -

"That feeling is probably most prominent in the hero's new costume -- a more modern, streamlined twist on the classic crescent-shaped cape of Moon Knight's past. "Warren wanted to use the suit-and-tie look he established with Michael Lark in his 'Secret Avengers' run, so I just took that and ran with it," Shalvey noted. "I added little details; like crescent shapes in the buttons and crescent cuff-links. There's more design work that will feature later in the series and you'll see the crescent motif continued thoughout (the interior of his limo, for example) . As regards his physicality, I imagined him as a Joseph-Gordon Levitt or Ryan Gosling type; muscular, but lean in form-fitting attire. Stylish but powerful. He looks good, but can deliver a swift blow with ease. He walks crime riddled streets in a white suit, so I wanted him to look confident. I want him to have a swagger, as if he's constantly on a catwalk."

He also said in another interview here ( http://multiversitycomics.com/interviews/building-worlds-with-moon-knight-artist-declan-shalvey-interview/) that -

"I think Warren is re-approaching the concept of Moon Knight rather than just ‘updating’ him".

While none of that said, "Nope, no classic suit ever". It does however give you the distinct impression that Moon Knight will be wearing a different costume in this series. He doesn't even seem to be using the moon copter anymore. He rides around in a damn limo now. You think MK will be chauffeured around in a limo wearing that big ass cloak ect? Na, he's wearing that white suit number now.
    The only mention of the classic costume is that jpeg of him in one panel and to me that seems to imply that he wearing it is past-tense. The only actually appearances of him in person in that preview is in the new costume. The jpeg panel means nada matey.
    Everything else that has be garnered from the three interviews available online (and even that preview) point to him not wearing the classic costume for this series.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@fodigg: Crime Master looks like Black Tarantula there.

I think the suit looks ok but I was hoping he'd still use the other costume. Too bad it doesn't look like that's the case.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@fodigg: Crime Master looks like Black Tarantula there.

I think the suit looks ok but I was hoping he'd still use the other costume. Too bad it doesn't look like that's the case.

Well... @hit_monkey made his point...

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: Sorry, I didn't mean to be so arsey about making it. Ehh but you see what I mean? Frankly, I quite like the new look. I liked the old look. In fact, the first time I saw it when I was a kid. I was pretty awed by it. This new costume is still pretty slick though. I'll give it a shot even if he looks like a lunar themed Pat bateman. Which is a rather cool motif anyway?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Jordie Bellaire posted the following image:

No Caption Provided

I asked if that's the carbonadium armor, and she said yup.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: Sorry, I didn't mean to be so arsey about making it. Ehh but you see what I mean? Frankly, I quite like the new look. I liked the old look. In fact, the first time I saw it when I was a kid. I was pretty awed by it. This new costume is still pretty slick though. I'll give it a shot even if he looks like a lunar themed Pat bateman. Which is a rather cool motif anyway?

Nah, it's fine) I like both of them too. Though I'd like him to change them, you know... depending on the mission type.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By Veshark

I'm a little cautious. What made that look so cool in Secret Avengers was that it fit the suave businessman cover that MK had in that issue. As a regular outfit though, it looks a little too...idk, pulpy? I mean, MK's original look is one of the most dynamic outfits in Marvel. I just hope this title doesn't become too unsuperheroic-ish.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Jordie Bellaire posted the following image:

No Caption Provided

I asked if that's the carbonadium armor, and she said yup.

Gosh this is one of his coolest outfits ever!!

If it'l be featured along with the buisness style-ish in the new run... Yeah!

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I've never been so pleased to be wrong in my life. :)

@cyberwarrior: Yeah, a switch between would be absolutely perfect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.