Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1417 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Question About Moon Knight's First Appearance

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DanialCarroll

I just finished reading Moon Knight's introduction in Werewolf by Night and I was wondering if it's ever been retconned. I mean, The Commitee give him his costume, and we know that's not where he got it, and also he's working as a merc for a mere $10,000, which also doesn't fit with his current continuity.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By foolkiller1

@Danial79 said:

I just finished reading Moon Knight's introduction in Werewolf by Night and I was wondering if it's ever been retconned. I mean, The Commitee give him his costume, and we know that's not where he got it, and also he's working as a merc for a mere $10,000, which also doesn't fit with his current continuity.

It was kinda in the Doug Moench run(issue 4 I think?) Frenchie infiltrated them to take them out from the inside, posing as a new member of the commitee, they wanted to catch a werewolf for their own purposes and frenchie suggested hiring marc spector to get the werewolf. Everything happened as it did but it was all a trap by frenchie and moon knight, can't be sure about all the details though.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DanialCarroll

I also just read Moon Knight's second appearance (Marvel Spotlight) and they said he was bitten by the werewolf and gained moon-based powers because of it. I guess Moench hadn't come up with his origin at that point :)

bpears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bpears

@danial79 said:

I also just read Moon Knight's second appearance (Marvel Spotlight) and they said he was bitten by the werewolf and gained moon-based powers because of it. I guess Moench hadn't come up with his origin at that point :)

I was kind of wondering the same. Just read Werewolf by Night 32,33,37, and Marvel Spotlight 28,29, and now the original series Moon Knight #1. Makes no sense! And in Moon Knight #1, they reference things that happened in Marvel Spotlight, like MK talking to the waitress about her kids. I was going to assume that this story was after Werewolf by Night, seeing how he gets his costume then, but then he gets his seemingly first costume, a cape, from the dead Egyptian God's tomb. Then, they reference Marvel Spotlight, which Marvel Spotlight itself references Werewolf by Night, as you said. So the whole timeline is all screwed up. I guess we will just have to assume they are just similar parallel universes. Moon Knight #1 doesn't specifically say 'hey were referencing stuff from another comic, issue #' like they do in Spotlight, so I guess that's are only bet... that he had the same conversations with the waitress in both these universes... I'm betting I'll find more as I read though. Frakkin writers.

Oh and not to mention, MK#1 explains how he gets his Marvel Spotlight girlfriend, who seems to remember events from spotlight, even though they are after bushmaster... ugh...! It's like they are saying spotlight happened somewhere in between MK#1. But still makes no sense with his powers/costume/origin.

bpears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bpears

Ok, spoiler alert! in #4,#6 of original series they clarify it all very well. Frenchie was undercover as part of the commitee for mk in werewolf by night, and was the one who suggested they hire spector, and told them he would want spector to wear the mk costume to protect his identity(even though mk had already been using the costume, the comittee never seen it or heard of mk, hense this happens comic takes place after his ressurection, but also before he was the rich steven grant). And he had no powers except maybe increased agility before being bitten by the werewolf. However, his werewolf strength is worn down by issue 6. Not sure if he regains this yet, still reading.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.