Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Anyting new about the character?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's been quite a while we don't hear about the Marvel's Dark Knight. Is there anyting new about the character?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Last we heard was Age of Ultron but that is screwed up so.

Whats the art from?

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Nope. Don't think we've seen him since AoU :(

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last we heard was Age of Ultron but that is screwed up so.

Whats the art from?

Yeah, AoU was a disappointment.

It's FanArt. By Haphazardmachine.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's still recovering from the Bendisease of his last volume.

Maybe he'll show up in Secret Avengers if we're lucky :(

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Bendisease

Ha! Haven't heard that before, but I think I'll be using it from now on :P

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@veshark said:

LOL

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

You've surpassed youreself on that one)

I rreally hope so. The only thing that cheers up a bit is his cameo in Sup. Spider-Man:

No Caption Provided

A bit.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

I rreally hope so. The only thing that cheers up a bit is his cameo in Sup. Spider-Man:

No Caption Provided

A bit.

I try ;)

Ooh nice cameo.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@cyberwarrior said:

@veshark said:

No Caption Provided

A bit.

I try ;)

Ooh nice cameo.

Slott has said he's a Moon Knight fan.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 @cyberwarrior

Considering the response from Spidey fans, I sure hope he doesn't handle MK o_O.

If there were a new series though, how would you guys like the new volume to be? Superheroic like the Vengeance series, gritty psychological street like the Huston volume, or more varied like the Marc Spector one.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@danial79 @cyberwarrior

Considering the response from Spidey fans, I sure hope he doesn't handle MK o_O.

If there were a new series though, how would you guys like the new volume to be? Superheroic like the Vengeance series, gritty psychological street like the Huston volume, or more varied like the Marc Spector one.

If there were new series, I'd want them to be something between the genres listed higher. Not as grrrity as the Huston one and not too superheroic like the Vengeance series (he ain't Spidey or Cap after all). To me it feels as he needs to be closer to his Egyptian Origins.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Veshark

@veshark said:

@danial79 @cyberwarrior

If there were new series, I'd want them to be something between the genres listed higher. Not as grrrity as the Huston one and not too superheroic like the Vengeance series (he ain't Spidey or Cap after all). To me it feels as he needs to be closer to his Egyptian Origins.

They kinda tried that with his Fist of Khonshu series, but I don't think it worked too well.

I liked how in one issue of Black Panther, BP teamed up with MK to go find an African god....and MK was surprised to find Khonshu, because many people forget....Egypt is in Africa.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@cyberwarrior said:

@veshark said:

@danial79 @cyberwarrior

They kinda tried that with his Fist of Khonshu series, but I don't think it worked too well.

I liked how in one issue of Black Panther, BP teamed up with MK to go find an African god....and MK was surprised to find Khonshu, because many people forget....Egypt is in Africa.

As for me the Fist of Khonsu was pretty sily. Even if it returned Mark his powers.

...Egypt is in Africa... Well, if some people forget where Africa is...)

Hey, would it be cool if his LBP (lunar-based-powers) were stronger in an arithmetic progression? I mean:

No moon - No powers;
    - ;
    Full moon - Sentry level powers;

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Veshark

@cyberwarrior

Sentry-level? Ehhh that would be too jarring, I'd think. But I like the idea of phases of the moon giving him varying levels of powerful - crescent might give him like Kraven strength. Half-moon maybe Spider-Man strength. And a full moon gives him Luke Cage strength.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@cyberwarrior

Sentry-level? Ehhh that would be too jarring, I'd think. But I like the idea of phases of the moon giving him varying levels of powerful - crescent might give him like Kraven strength. Half-moon maybe Spider-Man strength. And a full moon gives him Luke Cage strength.

Come on! That would be great!! :)
    Okay, if to be more realistic - Hulk level. But this really is one of the most interesting parts of the character.

And also, if he would have a side power except physical enhancement and invisibility in shadow, what should it be?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@cyberwarrior

Come on! That would be great!! :)

Okay, if to be more realistic - Hulk level. But this really is one of the most interesting parts of the character.

And also, if he would have a side power except physical enhancement and invisibility in shadow, what should it be?

I don't like the idea of MK going any higher than street-level. One second he's on the streets beating up thugs, and the next he's fighting giant monsters (Hulk is not more realistic than Sentry, on that note)? I can't buy it.

A side power? Night-vision I guess haha.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark What's wrong with fighting giant monsters?)

Anyway, night-vision would be cool. I can see MK with an energy projection power. Like Gambit.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark What's wrong with fighting giant monsters?)

Anyway, night-vision would be cool. I can see MK with an energy projection power. Like Gambit.

It doesn't come across as right for Moony, he's always been street-level.

Energy moon darts!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@veshark said:

@danial79 @cyberwarrior

Most of them are wrong though.

Slott's a giant MK fanboy.

Pretty much the best hope he has at the moment, unless Grant Morrison descends from the heavens or something.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@danial79 @cyberwarrior

Most of them are wrong though.

Slott's a giant MK fanboy.

Pretty much the best hope he has at the moment, unless Grant Morrison descends from the heavens or something.

I don't know, Slott seems to be really polarizing. If he was on a new volume, I guess I'd at least give it a try, though.

Though the last time a popular writer expressed an interest in MK....we ended up with the disastrous Bendis issues....

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the fence when it comes to Moon-phase-dependent strength. One one hand, I like Moon Knight as simply an unpowered vigilante, but on the other hand, the variability of phase-based powers could make for some interesting story potential... though, as was pointed out, Fist of Khonshu failed in this respect.

So what would I like to see? As I've been reading Moon Knight's back-log, I've come to realise that my favourite stories are the ones that give his team some decent "screentime"--Frenchie, Marlene, Crawley, Gena, and even Ray. Also, I don't think that the undercover roles of Grant and Jake have been fully utilized in recent series either, which is something I think should be remedied. As for genre, I think these elements would work really well in a sort of gumshoe, pulp noir type series.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MakkyD

@veshark: It would be an interesting premise to have a hero who one issue is street level and the next powerhouse. The variety of threats would be good and it'd make for a different title. Also: Is Bendis that bad? From what I've read he seems alright or is he one of those writers who one minute is shakespeare and the next minute pretty much throws crap onto a page.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DanialCarroll

@maccyd: You hit the nail on the head right there. He does have some great work, but his Moon Knight run is definitely not part of it.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123

Deciding where to go for Moon Knight is difficult, but it's a good kind of difficult. There's a lot of options.

You have him powered, you have him as a street level detective, you have all the in-betweens about that involving his mental stability (or lack thereof), and then you have all the other possibilities (have there been other Moon Knights? etc.)

The only problem is taking that first step after Bendis's volume. Figuring out where to go from there is easy by comparison.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

The only problem is taking that first step after Bendis' volume. Figuring out where to go from there is easy by comparison.

I think a lot of writers, especially newcomers, would be thinking, "If Bendis couldn't sell him, then what hope would I have?"

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Veshark

@maccyd said:

@veshark: It would be an interesting premise to have a hero who one issue is street level and the next powerhouse. The variety of threats would be good and it'd make for a different title. Also: Is Bendis that bad? From what I've read he seems alright or is he one of those writers who one minute is shakespeare and the next minute pretty much throws crap onto a page.

For another hero perhaps, but for me personally, I don't know....not a huge fan of that for Moon Knight.

Bendis is...well, I find him better in small doses. Occasionally he'll have flashes of brilliance like with USM or Daredevil, but a great amount of his Marvel work just feels like him putting words on the page for a paycheck. And when that happens, his mildly-irritating writing tics become full-blown annoying.

His MK run had such a weird and nonsensical premise, and most of it just felt....I don't know, I didn't care about anything going on. We had lots of weird dialogue, and no overall sense of story direction.

To me, I still find the first arc of the Huston run to be the most enjoyable depiction of Moon Knight so far. Of course the Marc Spector series had some cool moments, but in all honesty it feels dated, and Vengeance was...well, entertaining, but had massive flaws. But yeah, gritty-street mixed with a lot of psychological exploration of the character, and of his relationship with both his supporting cast, other heroes, and most importantly - his god. That's my favorite MK.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

That's what I'm talking about. If MK needs some changes to perceed, I'd honestly prefer those.

@danial79 said:

@innervenom123 said:

The only problem is taking that first step after Bendis' volume. Figuring out where to go from there is easy by comparison.

I think a lot of writers, especially newcomers, would be thinking, "If Bendis couldn't sell him, then what hope would I have?"

We've got that headache to. I really hope someone brave enough will come out on screen.

What about his appearence in Avengers Alliance?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I think Vengeance of Moon Knight is really underrated. I just got done rereading it and it's so freaking awsome

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bystander

@daredevil21134 said:

I think Vengeance of Moon Knight is really underrated. I just got done rereading it and it's so freaking awsome

It wasn't ideal, but it's real cool that's true!

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D'oh!! Marvel do something already!

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Marvel person tweeted "Man-Knight" during their retreat which leads me to believe that Moon Knight was at least being discussed. Also, on Tom Brevoort's Tumblr, someone asked about Moon Knight and he simply said "Wait and see". Normally he says "No" if there's no plans for a character at all. I might be reading into things too much, but we've gotta hold out hope that Marc will return soon, don't we? :)

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bystander

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

A Marvel person tweeted "Man-Knight" during their retreat which leads me to believe that Moon Knight was at least being discussed. Also, on Tom Brevoort's Tumblr, someone asked about Moon Knight and he simply said "Wait and see". Normally he says "No" if there's no plans for a character at all. I might be reading into things too much, but we've gotta hold out hope that Marc will return soon, don't we? :)

"Hope dies last my son".

Really hope your right:)

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

"Hope dies last my son".

Looks like I was right. Yay!!!!

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bystander

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

"Hope dies last my son".

Looks like I was right. Yay!!!!

Yeah! You really were!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.