Follow

Mongul

Character » Mongul appears in 206 issues.

The cruel conqueror Mongul once roamed the cosmos aboard Warworld, a planet-sized engine of destruction. Invading countless worlds, Mongul enslaved entire populations. Dying at the hands of Neron, his son carries on the family tradition, most recently as a member and would be leader of the Sinestro Corps.

He's back... and he's worse than ever

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zee crusher

So isn't he basically doing what that superman robot did that one time lol??

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

He back... we know he's planning to start a collection of Power Rings, so far he only has the one at his disposal, but from that scene it looks like he's got access to the same flowers he used last time to ensnare Green Arrow and Green Lantern...

so he has a plan, he has the tools, now we just have to wait and see who his next target it...

rumor has it that he will be adding a Red Ring to his collection pretty soon as well...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

you'll have to give me more than that...

i know what he's upto, but i don't know what the Superman Robot did...

M

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF

i would like to know about mongul collecting the rings and and Superman robot collecting them

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF

lol ok so what issue is this?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AtPhantom
    DEGRAAF said:
    "i would like to know about mongul collecting the rings and and Superman robot collecting them"
    Well not much to know. Cyborg Superman was imprisoned by the Guardians of the Universe, he was busted out by the Sinestro corps and given ten rings to help in their endeavor. He has lost the rings (and much of his body) at the end of the Sinestro corps war.

Mongul found and killed a yellow lantern at the end of the war and took his war. With that ring he started collecting others and slowly usurping the leadership of the Sinestro corps.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

Sinestro Corps Leader
    Status: Inactive, held within the Sinestro Corp Central Battery

so now he is being held within the Sinestro Corps Cental Battery? That seems like he could come back more powerful then before to me
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By velle37

Mognul genetically altered the Black Mercies to give their host, not hallucinations of their greatest desire...... But of their greatest fear...... 

He took down Ion/Sodam Yat and Arisia...... Then took on six lanterns at once including Soranik, Guy, and Kyle....... 

He was surprised by an attack from a seventh lantern, Bzzd, who died in the process of defeating Mongul temporarily...... 

Then Mongul recuperated, went to find some wenches, then went on a crusade to Daxam...... 

What happened there I haven't gotten the chance to read yet, but immediately after, Mongul had a showdown with Sinestro..... 

Ending with Sinestro turning Mongul's rings against him in the fight.... And imporisoning Mongul in the Yellow Central Power battery....... 

We have yet to see what will become of him.....
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @velle37 said:
    "Mognul genetically altered the Black Mercies to give their host, not hallucinations of their greatest desire...... But of their greatest fear......  He took down Ion/Sodam Yat and Arisia...... Then took on six lanterns at once including Soranik, Guy, and Kyle.......  He was surprised by an attack from a seventh lantern, Bzzd, who died in the process of defeating Mongul temporarily......  Then Mongul recuperated, went to find some wenches, then went on a crusade to Daxam......  What happened there I haven't gotten the chance to read yet, but immediately after, Mongul had a showdown with Sinestro.....  Ending with Sinestro turning Mongul's rings against him in the fight.... And imporisoning Mongul in the Yellow Central Power battery.......  We have yet to see what will become of him..... "

I dont remember them stating thats where they put him? I thougth they battled Sinestro defeated him and left him their with the reader guessing whether he was dead or not

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.