Follow

Molecule Man

Character » Molecule Man appears in 245 issues.

An immensely powerful and chronically insecure character, Owen Reece has the power to control all matter and energy. Although often cast as a misunderstood villain, he has also at times acted as a hero.

Molecule Man once above the Living Tribunal?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb283632dba9
    deactivated-5bb283632dba9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Was the former Molecule Man equal to or above the power of the Tribunal?

Newmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Newmen

he was the only one who stood up to pr beyonder

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Theworldbreaker

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how the hell PR molecule man got so damn powerful? i mean he's just a guy with the power to controll molecules as far as i know what the hell how could he be nigh omnipotent? he should have ended the secret wars in the first issue!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Theworldbreaker: Exacly!!! LT is a spiritual being! For God's sake, Marvel you just don't make any sense anymore.
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @Primmaster64:
    I couldent agree any more! he got his powers in a simuler way as bruce turns into the hulk i mean wtf! i'm perfectly fine with PR beyonder's power level but molecule man?  no just no.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Theworldbreaker: I understand if it was the physical world, but not the spiritual world, there he dosen't stand a chance. I will always believe that LT let that  happen because he was bored.
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @Primmaster64:

I will always believe that LT ket akk of that happen because he was bored.      

I dident under stand that part

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Theworldbreaker: Fixed it.
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @Primmaster64:
    Ok, though believing LT letting molecule man become more powerful in actof boardness seems kinda odd dont you think :p?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Theworldbreaker: Yes, but it would explain it...I'm sure LT could take his powers if he wanted to.
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Theworldbreaker

"...I'm sure LT could take his powers if he wanted to. "     

and thats why it worked so well when he tryed to take the HOTU away from thanos right? 

lol why so serious primemaster?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Theworldbreaker: Stupid writers
    weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By weaponxx
    @Theworldbreaker said:

"Can someone PLEASE explain to me how the hell PR molecule man got so damn powerful? i mean he's just a guy with the power to controll molecules as far as i know what the hell how could he be nigh omnipotent? he should have ended the secret wars in the first issue! "

I was just thinking about that and saw this... his power doesn't make sense.... AT ALL.....
    weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By weaponxx

Also can someone explain how PR Beyonder is so powerful?? It still doesn't make sense...
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Manchine

I don't think Molecule Man is even close to above Living Tribunal.  He was at the Discussion of beyonder but didn't do anything because it dealt with a single dimension.  Unlike when Thanos tried using the Gems or gained the power to destroy all reality and Thanos put it back togethor in The End (I think thats what it was called).  I can't seem to find the comic book now.   (Thanos after getting the power had to rewrite history because of people coming back to life.)
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Theworldbreaker said:
    Can someone PLEASE explain to me how the hell PR molecule man got so damn powerful? i mean he's just a guy with the power to controll molecules as far as i know what the hell how could he be nigh omnipotent? he should have ended the secret wars in the first issue!

Its how many molecules he could control. Powerful telekinetic as far as to minute degree? Might be able to affect the molecule in a glass? Glass is pretty small. Still, level of control at that size, still enough to kill regular humans. Imagine reconfiguring the inside of a persons brain? Glass shaped.  

Now Molecule Man's power was suggested to be virtually limitless. So forget reconfiguring the individual molecules in a glass, and start thinking about the galaxy and even bigger? All the molecules inside of them. Some problems start arising though? As a human, how much can he comprehend first before he can actually utilize his powers on that scale? How do writers even know? Your dealing with the very small (so small humans can not imagine) with the very big (so big humans can't imagine) and comic writers are just comic writers, not physicists or etc  

So Owen got so powerful the same way that Beyonder did and Living Tribunal did. Cool idea >> accurate, realistic,  scientifically plausible ideas. 
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Timandm

@Theworldbreaker said:

First off, all matter is made of molecules. So, if one controls molecules with a thought, they control everything made of molecules. Basically all matter. That's pretty freaking powerful.

Also, the name "molecule man" can be a bit misleading because one might be tempted to think he only controls matter and leave it at that. But matter and energy are flip sides of the exact same coin. He cannot control matter without also having some level of control over energy as well.

So, why didn't he simply beat the Beyonder in Secret Wars? That's actually an excellent question, but it is one that was dealt with in both Secret Wars I and II. At first, he simply did not realize how powerful he was, nor how to use his power most effectively. He lacked confidence. It was Dr. Doom who realized Molecule Man's potential and brought it out (somewhat) in him... It was not until near the very end of Secret Wars II that he started believing in himself and finally developed enough stones to stand up to the Beyonder...

I recently read...somewhere... that there's been some sort of suggestion that Molecule Man and the Beyonder are both the same type of being. As stupid as it sounds, it's as if they matured from a Cosmic Cube.... I know, it's stupid, but there you have it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.