Follow

Michael Turner

Person » Michael Turner is credited in 732 issues.

Michael Turner was an artist and writer best known for his work on Witchblade, Fathom and Supergirl. Sadly, Michael passed away from a relapse from bone cancer at the Santa Monica Hospital (CA) on June, 27 2008.

Equipment

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dane

does anyone know what equipment Michael Turner used in his sketches? Only the shading in his sketches doesn't come off like traditional pencils and I'm not sure what he used to get the effect. It looks very simple and elegant and I'd be interested in any information people had on that. Thanks.

magoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By magoz

well don't know exactly wat he used but his technic was kinda simple.
    he would draw out the sketch of what he was drawing. then erase it to the point were you could still see the lines. he would then redraw it and add details.

No Caption Provided

here is a sample of one of his sketches (unfortunately marvel chose to published another version)
    mynameiswally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i would really appreciate it if some one could tell me if michael turner inked his own stuff or if some one else inked. and if it were inked with a pen or crow quill or brush. thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.