Follow

Matt Fraction

Person » Matt Fraction is credited in 941 issues.

Matt Fraction is an Eisner Award-winning American comic book writer. He is known for writing Invincible Iron Man, Uncanny X-Men, Utopia, Mighty Thor, Iron Fist, Fear Itself, Fantastic Four/FF, and Hawkeye at Marvel. Currently, he is focusing on four creator-owned works at Image Comics (Casanova: Acedia, ODY-C, Satellite Sam, and Sex Criminals).

Favorite Comic Runs RESULTS: Matt Fraction's HAWKEYE vs. THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Matt Fraction has quite the resume, however, we wanted to shine the spotlight on two of his books we really, really, reaaaaaally love: HAWKEYE and THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST. For both of these superb books, Fraction collaborated with the exceptionally talented David Aja and Matt Hollingsworth to create some truly impressive and immersive stories. Well, it turns out the race between these two options is the closest one 'Favorite Comic Runs' has yet to have! Throughout the week, the poll remained neck and neck, each book temporarily earning a lead before it shifted back to a tie. The voting is now over and one story took an incredibly narrow lead: THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST!

CHI YEAH, BRO!
    CHI YEAH, BRO!

Danny Rand's epic barely took the lead over Clint Barton's story, earning 44% while the archer received 42%. Meanwhile, 15% shamefully admitted they haven't read either of this books. If you're part of that 15%, I strongly consider fixing that mistake. Look, THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST has an omnibus and HAWKEYE already has a couple of trades available. It's very easy to get access to these excellent books, so you should probably look into that sometime soon, okay?

As much as I'm loving Fraction and Aja's HAWKEYE, I have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised by this result. It was great watching the race remain so close, but in the end, Danny Rand's adventure is without question one of my favorite reads and it's great to see so many others love it just as much, if not more, than I do. So, why is the THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST awesome enough to take the victory over the current HAWKEYE run? For starters, it's truly epic. Not only did Fraction (while collaborating with Ed Brubaker) put a great amount of focus on Iron Fist, but he also took absolutely massive steps to expand his mythos and create an alluring world that's full of wonder and excitement. On top of that, a strong supporting cast was implimented and the story was a total blast. Like martial arts, fantasy, or epic tales? Then stop what you're doing and read (or reread) this story! "But I've never been an Iron Fist fan!" Well, I guarantee this book will turn you into one.

Viner Post for THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST is by Jonny_Anonymous

"I voted the Immortal Iron Fist. As much as I love Hawkeye I think Fractions run on Iron Fist is probably his greatest work to date. He took everything you have ever loved about superheroes and 70s Martial Art films and married them in a way that results in perfection. Immortal Iron First is hilarious, action packed, heart breaking and at times kinda scarey. The world of Iron Fist has never had so much development since his original introduction in the 70s. Fraction massively expanded on K'un Lun and the other Capital Cities of Heaven as well as introducing the Immortal Weapons. He also expanded the legacy of the Iron Fist itself by introducing the past 66 Living Weapons that held the title before Danny and in doing so created possibly the biggest badass in the Marvel Universe, Orson Randall."

No Caption Provided

Viner Post for HAWKEYE is by impossibilly

"Both are great series, but my vote goes to Hawkeye. I feel like Fraction and Aja have perfected with Hawkeye what they did so great in Iron Fist."

So there you have it, Viners. Danny Rand's adventure may have won the race, but one thing is clear: people have a whole lot of love for both of these Fraction titles and understandably so.

What's that in the distance? Could it be...? YES! It's a teaser for the next edition of 'Favorite Comic Runs!' We've taken a small sample of the image we'll use in Monday's article. It's two covers, both for work by the same writer, but can you identify both of them before your fellow Viners? Be the first to get it correct and we'll be sure to give you some praise in Monday's article. Ready? Set? Let the guessing games begin!

No Caption Provided

Don't forget to check the homepage on Monday to vote in an all-new edition of 'Favorite Comic Runs.' If you do forget, Galactus will come to Earth, and you don't want to be responsible for that, do you? Of course not. Also, want to suggest a writer and two of their stories for the segment? Go ahead and tell us below or send it via Twitter. Don't be shy, we welcome the input!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I have no idea what the teaser suggests.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

YES! go danny!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Who is this 15%? Do they even comic book?

The better comic won. Immortal Iron Fist was one of Marvel's best ongoing full stop let alone Fractions best work. Also makes me really excited for the upcoming Iron Fist: Living Weapon.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I think the teasers are Flashpoint vs Sinestro corps war.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I believe this is true as well. It is definitely Flashpoint on the left. And I'd assume the yellow makes in the Sinestro Corps War. My vote is for sure going with the Corps War on that one.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i am in awe , thank you ironfist fans!!!!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

I believe this is true as well. It is definitely Flashpoint on the left. And I'd assume the yellow makes in the Sinestro Corps War. My vote is for sure going with the Corps War on that one.

I have to re-read SCW to be sure about what to vote because the first time i read it I felt underwhelmed...yeah weird I know :-P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me even more excited for Iron Fist: Living Weapon.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By nappystr8

I'm glad to hear Iron Fist took the win. I really expected Hawkeye to take the gold, since it is currently running. I haven't read Iron Fist myself, so I chose not to vote at all. But I really didn't want Hawkeye to win. Despite it being my favorite character and one of my favorite artists, I just don't like what that book has turned into at all.

stevencarver_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's worth noting that the Immortal Iron Fist omnibus is most definitely not easy to gain access to. It's very expensive on Amazon. Instead, you can buy the Immortal Iron Fist Complete Collection Volume 1, which I believe collects the same material the omnibus did.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

I have to re-read SCW to be sure about what to vote because the first time i read it I felt underwhelmed...yeah weird I know :-P

Oh man. I love SCW. Flashpoint was disappointing big time though. I know it's part of the same series but Blackest Night/SCW would be a better poll. That one I'd have trouble picking between.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immortal Iron Fist is awesome, but Hawkeye is just so damn FUN!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

Oh man. I love SCW. Flashpoint was disappointing big time though. I know it's part of the same series but Blackest Night/SCW would be a better poll. That one I'd have trouble picking between.

So... maybe make some suggestions next time? ;)

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

I suggested Jeph Loeb's Superman/Batman and Batman: Hush! :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

Honestly, I think Hush would blow it out of the water. Hush appears to be the most popular Batman story on this site by quite some margin... it'll be tough to match. But yeah, ASSUMING it's SCW, let's say I did consider Blackest Night but wanted to avoid doing this GL story or that GL story? ;)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I have a suggestion :-)

Greg Rucka's Adventures of Superman vs World of New Krypton.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@squalleon said:

Honestly, I think Hush would blow it out of the water. Hush appears to be the most popular Batman story on this site by quite some margin... it'll be tough to match. But yeah, ASSUMING it's SCW, let's say I did consider Blackest Night but wanted to avoid doing this GL story or that GL story? ;)

Ahhhh but you did the same with Scott Snyder's Batman stories! xD

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lcazt1996: True, but Johns has more variety to pick from!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Hail to the (dragon) king!

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feels about right. I love both series and picking between the two seemed impossible, but Hawkeye is much more...charming (?) than Iron First.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Hmmm. Fair enough. You could've done American Vampire though. But then again I suppose less people would have read that compared to any of his Batman stuff.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hart7668

I'm reading it. Right now. Starting with volume one.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#25  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

WOwo awesome to see Iron Fist won!! Both are awesome series!!!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heart of the Dragon! What a great victory!
    Heart of the Dragon! What a great victory!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me even more excited for Iron Fist: Living Weapon.

SAME!

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By ScrappyDont27

Glad to see the iron fist love but can't really go wrong with either series

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@k4tzm4n: I think you should have went with SCW against TOA instead, man, both of those stories were epic. Flashpoint, on the other hand...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best comic won

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: I think you should have went with SCW against TOA instead, man, both of those stories were epic. Flashpoint, on the other hand...

Throne of Atlantis came to mind, but honestly, I wanted to pit two massive events against one another, you know?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt Fraction. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers.

AustinCY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just happen to be reading the Immortal Iron First right now! I'm loving Marvel Now's Hawkeye too. Both are such great runs and I'm really impressed as to how Aja's work on both titles are so different and unique. Spectacular writing as usual from Fraction, and Brubaker too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.