Follow

Master Chief

Character » Master Chief appears in 46 issues.

Master Chief is the main character of Halo comic series by Dark Horse Comics . He is a genetically augmented super soldier for the UNSC and is one of the few survivors of the SPARTAN II project. He is one of the greatest if not the greatest soldier in UNSC history.

"Halo Legends" Animated Shorts Coming In February 2010

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Good news for Halo fans.  Here's your chance to go deeper into the Halo universe than ever before.  Halo Legends, an all-new, CG and traditional anime will be on DVD and Blu-ray on February 9, 2010.  This is produced by 343 Industries, a part of Microsoft Game Studios.

Halo Legends is a seven-story anthology which will be told across eight episodes.  They will explore the origin and historical events of the Halo universe including its intriguing characters.  Halo Legends has been created in the same format as The Animatrix and Batman Gotham Knight with each episode imagined by a cutting-edge, renowned Japanese anime director/animator, including Shinji Aramaki, Hideki Futamura, Mamoru Oshii, Tomoki Kyoda and Yasushi Muraki.  The episodes range in length between 10 and 17 minutes which gives almost two hours of animated adventures.

The 2 Disc Special Edition will have several hours of bonus features including:
    • The Making Of Halo Legends - An introduction followed by a making-of segment for each episode.
    • Halo: Gaming Evolved - Explaining the Halo phenomenon from the beginning.
    • Audio Commentary with directors Frank O'Connor and Joseph Chou
    • Widescreen (1.78:1)

The Blu-ray will be loaded with bonus materials as well, including all the extras from the 2-disc version as well as Halo: The Story So Far, an overview of the Halo universe up until the end of Halo 3.

Halo Legends will be rated PG-13.  The suggested retail prices will be $19.98 for the single disc, $29.98 for the 2-disc version and $34.99 for the Blu-ray.  We all know that most stores (and online sites) will be selling them for less than that.  Will you be getting Halo Legends?  Do you want to know about the Halo universe?
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23
    iMarc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By iMarc

Looks pretty sweet!

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HaloKing343

Hey, read my name! Yeah anyway, this looks hawt. I've had my eye on Halo Legends for a while. Can't wait for the Spielburg movie to finalize though. That'll be even hotter!
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Media_Master

I wonder how people will take it...

mrduckluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrduckluck

have you people seen the clip baby sitter of halo legends 
    Edex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Edex

At first I wasnt sure it would work as an anime, but after watching the 5 min preview it just blew my mind away....although I still wish they had done something different with it i'm still pretty excited that this is coming out ;)
    ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ARMIV

Halo+Linkin Park x Anime=RAWK HARD AWESOME!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.