Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Who are your least favorite Marvel characters?

• 94 results
    GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostRider88

Besides for the ULTIMATE Marvel Universe, where in which I hate every single character that be, there's just not many characters who I despise, not in Marvel Universe at least. But there are plenty who I don't care for. 1.) The new Nova (Sam Alexander). I was a big fan of the original Nova (Ryder) and he is now even more deeply missed than he was before the new guy showed up. Really, the comics look like they're for little kids, I just cant enjoy or take it seriously.

2.) I don't like Luke Cage either but I don't hate him.

Am I the only guy who doesn't hate Namor? Whats all the hate with him for?

ALSO, As some other people pointed out, can you list reasons why you don't like them?

Hellsender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Can't say I truly hate any characters but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of Captain America (Steve Rogers). This is my first post and I'm sure there are a lot of die hard Cap fans here, I just can't seem to muster up any enthusiasm when it comes to reading a comic with Captain America in it.

Also, I am actually quite fond of Namor!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

• Wolverine
    • Psylocke
    • Jubilee
    • Spider-woman
    • Dazzler
    • Nick Fury

@ghostrider88: I don't hate Namor either, you're totally not the only one.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. Scarlet Witch.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By amazing_webhead

Avengers Academy, Young Avengers, Runaways...basically any teenage superhero after Jubilee

Sleeeepytime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the biggest fan of ironman. I also don't hate Namor I think he's a bad ass.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

1. Emma Frost

2. Namor

3. The Stepford Cuckoos

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GhostRider88

Oh ok. I was reading this same topic "who's your least favorie Marvel character?" on a other popular site and thought I'd bring the discussion here too but let's just say that Namor's name popped up more than a few times. It actually shocked me bit. The guy's a legend and a classic but gets hardly enough credit. Same goes for the Human Torch.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Emma Frost

2. Namor

3. The Stepford Cuckoos

All of these characters seem really obnoxious to me. A big part is the superiority complex they all have even though they've been smacked down and owned many times

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider88: definitely not the only person who doesn't hate Namor. I suspect it's his attitude. Some people have issues with arrogance, and arrogant people. Namor is this type. However, i would never cease to argue that he has a superiority complex. He doesn't. He IS superior. He is a King. He rules the oceans. He has major powers. Sure he's been defeated, but so too has EVERY Marvel hero and villain (of which Namor can be counted as both). Name a hero or villain who has never been defeated? impossible. Victory is not his only measure of superiority. He's also rather successful as a business man, and with the ladies... Plus, above all else, he has the cajones to wear a scaled speedo as his combat "uniform."

my most hated (lol "Least favourite" Marvel characters:

1. Beast

2. Shadowcat/Kitty Pryde

3. Reed Richards.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Emma Frost

2. Namor

3. The Stepford Cuckoos

Funny coz Frost and the Cuckoos appear in my top ten favourites list, and i really rather like Namor...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

@hollow_point: It's why I hate them. I hate characters who are extreme jerks to others. I barely tolerate Guy Gardner.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't think of a Marvel character I hate, and I actually quite like Namor and his eloquent douchbaggery.

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GhostRider88

@devilsgrin81:

Oh man, that was just wonderfully said with Namor.. I totally agree with this post. And yeah, even Hulk has lost a battle before. Not sure I can name anyone who hasn't.. Sentry maybe? Anyhow, Namor can come off like an arrogant D-Bag at times but that's kind of why I like him, arrogance fits him nicely.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Namor

2.Quicksilver

3. Quentin Quire

4.Wolverine

5. Scott Summers

6.Emma Frost

7.Reed Richards

Not necessarily in that order

yagausi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't read much but I genuinely despise Reed Richards and the Invisible Woman. The Juggernaut and the Hulk are characters I don't really like simply because I hate "unbeatable" or invulnerable characters, and Hulk's limitless strength is nonsense in my opinion.

yagausi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yagausi: Just to clarify, I don't hate the fact that Hulk is strong. I just think the whole "his strength goes up with his rage" is an example of Chekhov's gun, where Hulk could be put against a character infinitely stronger, but his "rage" goes through the roof and he powers through anyway.

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GhostRider88

Oh wow, I take that back. Sentry did lose before, to Iron Man of all people. No pun intended to Iron Man but that's a shameful defeat, at least for a guy like Sentry it is. He's one of the few Marvel members who I always considered to be on Super-Man's level.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor, even Cap admits no one likes him

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage:

You don't like Quentin Quire??? I think he's hilarious. I got 1 of his t-shirts when I was in California.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom and Beyonder.

That's about it, I rather like everyone else.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By infantfinite128

The Wasp-The reason I never could read the Avengers.

Wonder Man

Every Hulk Knock off

Volstagg and Fandral

Aunt May

EDIT: I originally wrote "All of Thor's Asgardian friends," but changed it to Volstagg and Fandral.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

1. Emma Frost

2. Namor

3. The Stepford Cuckoos

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Man

Every Hulk Knock off

All of Thor's Asgardian friends

Aunt May

You dont like Aunt May?? why?

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Man

Every Hulk Knock off

All of Thor's Asgardian friends

Aunt May

I was right there with ya until you said "all of Thors Asgardian friends". That's where we differ (I love Sif) but still, you made some solid examples that I think most people would agree with. Even the Aunt May one, I can see why she'd annoy you.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Deadpool is my least favorite Marvel character except for his depiction in Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider88: I do like Sif and Heimdall! I was loving Jason Aaron's God of Thunder series, until we got to the Elf stuff, and I dropped it, because I didn't like anyone he was with, and every storyline of Thor I liked was when he was solo. I also always got bored by Volstagg and Fandral, and they made me drop Thor whenever I read it.

I'll make an edit!

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker:For a little while she was fine, until she kept sabotaging Peter's relationships for her selfish desires. I stopped reading Spider-man so many times, because I couldn't stand her taking away from the plot and Peter not taking a stand to her. I finally liked her for the first time when JMS wrote her, and actually looked forward to her appearances. There was no more melodrama garbage, and she had a great relationship with Peter and MJ. Then One More Day happened, and it made me resent her.

Have you been reading the recent comics? I wanted Ock to punch her head off the way she was acting toward Anna Marie. I know it's irrational, but I just can't stand her anymore!

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I don't have an image... I will say FALCON lol.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81:

Oh man, that was just wonderfully said with Namor.. I totally agree with this post. And yeah, even Hulk has lost a battle before. Not sure I can name anyone who hasn't.. Sentry maybe? Anyhow, Namor can come off like an arrogant D-Bag at times but that's kind of why I like him, arrogance fits nicely on him.

just like his scaled speedo ;)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Storm.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Besides for the ULTIMATE Marvel Universe, where in which I hate every single character that be, there's just not many characters who I despise, not in Marvel Universe at least. But there are plenty who I don't care for. 1.) The new Nova (Sam Alexander). I was a big fan of the original Nova (Ryder) and he is now even more deeply missed than he was before the new guy showed up. Really, the comics look like they're for little kids, I just cant enjoy or take it seriously.

2.) I don't like Luke Cage either but I don't hate him.

Am I the only guy who doesn't hate Namor? Whats all the hate with him for?

I think Namor's one of the greatest characters in comics. I really don't understand how people don't think he's great.

some characters I've never seen the appeal of would be..

I can appreciate how he completes the group dynamic of the FF as the comic relief, but as a character in his own right, he's definitely the least interesting of the group. And his powers are boring.
    I can appreciate how he completes the group dynamic of the FF as the comic relief, but as a character in his own right, he's definitely the least interesting of the group. And his powers are boring.
    I've never understood why anyone cares about any of these characters.
    I've never understood why anyone cares about any of these characters.
    just overrated. Probably one of the more interesting characters of the late 70's, but hasn't  really been interesting since.
    just overrated. Probably one of the more interesting characters of the late 70's, but hasn't really been interesting since.
    never understood the appeal of Cable, understand the appeal of Hope even less.
    never understood the appeal of Cable, understand the appeal of Hope even less.
    least inspired and most contrived character I've ever seen in a marvel comic.
    least inspired and most contrived character I've ever seen in a marvel comic.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have massively strong hatred for any characters. I'd say my least favourite (in no particular order) are:

Hulk - I like him as part of the Avengers, but alone he's just boring. His huge muscles and tiny brain while he's transformed annoy me; it's hard to develop any kind of emotional attachment to someone who just yells "SMASH!" all the time; I actually prefer Bruce Banner to Hulk.

Iron Man - He's actually alright, but nothing special. The biggest problem I have with him is that due to his popularity he's just everywhere. Why why why why WHY was he put in the Guardians of the Galaxy?!

Deadpool - I dislike Deadpool partly because people never seem to shut up about him. I'd probably like him a lot more if people weren't telling me how great he is 24/7. I'm also not a huge fan of the fourth-wall breaking. I struggle to get attached to a character who's constantly reminding me that they're not real and it's just a comic book.

Scarlet Witch - Don't even have a particularly good reason here, she just annoys me.

Other than that there aren't really any characters I dislike that much. Mostly it's just little annoyances.

I'm sure I'm about to get told exactly why I'm wrong about Hulk, Iron Man and Deadpool but hey, bring it on, I'm open to debate.

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Hawkeye
    • Namor
    • Nightcrawler
    • Storm
    • Moon knight
    • Black Panther
    • And there is more

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GhostRider88

@oldnightcrawler:

Lol I just had a deja vu. I found it ironic and funny when I read my quote in your post, beings that you were the one who taught me how the ULTIMATE Marvel Universe works.. I doubt that you'd remember, it was a while back. I was so confused about the Ultimates, why they have different names & origins. And when you helped me understand it all, I think we both agreed then and there that it sucks lol. And I haven't read an Ultimate comic since. Anyways, good answer. I miss the old Jean Grey.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Squirrel girl.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FearTheLiving

@sky_fire said:
    • Hawkeye
    • Namor
    • Nightcrawler
    • Storm
    • Moon knight
    • Black Panther
    • And there is more

It's bad enough you have Hawkeye on that list, but Nightcrawler, Storm, Moon Knight and Black Panther...? What don't you like about them?
    It's bad enough you have Hawkeye on that list, but Nightcrawler, Storm, Moon Knight and Black Panther...? What don't you like about them?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wanda the scarlet b!tch,

Steve rogers(he just annoys me and i kinda my most hated character in all comics)

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:
    • Hawkeye
    • Namor
    • Nightcrawler
    • Storm
    • Moon knight
    • Black Panther
    • And there is more

Everything

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Hawkeye.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving:

Lol yeah I agree, that came as a surprise, he named some of my favorites too. It's hard to imagine anyone not liking those guys. Storm I can see, many don't like her.. But Moon Knight? Hawkeye? BP? Hawkeye? Nightcrawler? Hawkeye?

This must be a prank

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving:

Lol yeah I agree, that came as a surprise, he named some of my favorites too. It's hard to imagine anyone not liking those guys. Storm I can see, many don't like her.. But Moon Knight? Hawkeye? BP? Hawkeye? Nightcrawler? Hawkeye?

This must be a prank

don't feed the trolls then guys. or else he legit dislikes coz they're all so well liked. ((BP tho? he's generally unpopular most of the time...))

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Namor might be a pompous d-bag, but he's an entertaining pompous d-bag so I like the guy.

I really am not a fan of the majority of the teenage members of the X-Men universe, most of them are pointless with very little character development and are knockoffs of prominent X-Men.

Nick Fury and S.H.E.I.L.D. in general just annoy me,

The only other characters that I don't like are the omnipotent characters like Beyonder, Eternity. It's just stupid.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: I can understand why most people wouldn't like storm and i can put it into one little word.....Jhazzroucher.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also don't like Beast (current)...

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SilverPool

@sky_fire: W-Wha.... Why is Moon Knight on your list!?

No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idea gray, hank Pym ( been. Awhile since I read anything with him I so for I know marvel could have made him not an ass by now) and wolverine mainly die to him basically being a hairier batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.