Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

What would you do with marvel

• 53 results
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

if you could do anything with any team or character in marvel what would you do,  who would you give more spotlight, who would you limit or kill etc 

one of the characters id like to regulate is Wolverine. id like to see a little bit more of him as an avenger or on his own. id take him off both the x-men and x-force as well as the new avengers.    id put him i an updated version of his brown and tan costume. it just seems more fitting to Wolverine and his powers and personality. It says im Wolverine and im the best at what i do while the yellow and blue says "im Wolverine and im an x-man"same with the black and silver one. id also cancel that l The Best There Is series  it just dosnt seem like anyone likes it .

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Straight off the bat; fire Bendis and Quesada. Possibly have them killed, I don't know, I'd have to think about it. 

• Uncanny X-Men will be written by Brubaker
    • Merge New and Avengers into one book, and have Remender write it
    • Make Wolverine an X-exclusive character
    • I would write Sentry, Hank Pym (along with Dan Slott) and Doctor Doom series'
    • DnA make a cosmic Inhumans book with Black Bolt returning and killing Thanos
    • Fraction takes over Heroes for Hire
    • Give Ultimate Comics Spidey to Sean McKeever
    • Norman Osborn, Red Hulk, Storm, Thanos, and Namor would be killed
    • Anti-Venom will get his own series as written by Dan Slott

Edited to remove Iron Man from list of to be killed.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Kill Wolverine, Daken, and X-23 off. 

Limit Deadpool books to just appearances in other  books  like X-men, X-force, what have you (He's a merc, he can be ANYWHERE). 

Retcon Shadowland to a bad dream. (Okay, I'm semi-joking about this).

Make Reed Richards prove that there is, undoubtably, no way that the Sentry can EVER come back.

Reuinite the Avengers as one team, cancel 'New Avengers' like it SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELED. 

I have more, lemme think...

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Thor's hammmer

fire Loeb and Bendis, see less deadpool, spider man and wolverine, change some team rosters, and write the Thor series personally. Also give Silver Surfer an ongoing series.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Straight off the bat; fire Bendis and Quesada. Possibly have them killed, I don't know, I'd have to think about it. 
    • Norman Osborn, Iron Man, Red Hulk, Storm, Thanos, and Namor would be killed
    "
    Disagree with killing Norman and Iron Man, also with letting Anti have his own series. (Venom's getting one, let Anti have appearances as a villain in that).
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Straight off the bat; fire Bendis and Quesada. Possibly have them killed, I don't know, I'd have to think about it. 
    • Norman Osborn, Iron Man, Red Hulk, Storm, Thanos, and Namor would be killed
    "
    Disagree with killing Norman and Iron Man, also with letting Anti have his own series. (Venom's getting one, let Anti have appearances as a villain in that). "
    Makes sense, I just love Eddie :P 

Norman and Iron Man both need to die for their parts in SI, DR and (shudders) Siege. 

@InnerVenom123 said:
    " Kill Wolverine, Daken, and X-23 off.   Limit Deadpool books to just appearances in other  books  like X-men, X-force, what have you (He's a merc, he can be ANYWHERE).   Retcon Shadowland to a bad dream. (Okay, I'm semi-joking about this). Make Reed Richards prove that there is, undoubtably, no way that the Sentry can EVER come back.   Reuinite the Avengers as one team, cancel 'New Avengers' like it SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELED.   I have more, lemme think... "

Love the bold, disagree with the italics :P
    ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ARMIV

Well, first and fore-most Spidey and M.J get back together.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
    i like it for the most part, i wouldnt fire bendis just keep him away from the major events and limit him to one book at a time (nothing Avengers related). 

other than that younseem to have hit the proverbial nail on the head 

storm fans are slowly eating away any love i had for the character, norman osborn pisses me off to no end and now that he's not the Green Goblin anymore he has no reason to exist, namor is a prick and red hulk is a gimmick who dosnt deserve to exist i mean who the hell wants to buy a book about Genereal freakin Ross every month. hank deserves his own series and who dosnt want a bigger peak into Dooms crazy noggin 

i mean you with Sentry you can only make things better, and Eddie deserves an ongoing hopefully this one is better than the last one
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FadeToBlackBolt: To be fair, Tony's redeeming himself.... Norman's just an a$$hole, and will always be an a$$hole.

xP Okay, I considered NOT putting X-23 on the kill list, but then, I just hate the claw powerset at this point. (Also, I'd like for Punisher to be the one that puts down Daken, while Hulk puts down Wolverine). 

Oh, I forgot you were a Sentry fan.... if Jenkins wrote him, and Bendis had NO WAY of writing him, I'd be cool with him returning. :p
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Kill Wolverine, Daken, and X-23 off.   Limit Deadpool books to just appearances in other  books  like X-men, X-force, what have you (He's a merc, he can be ANYWHERE).   Retcon Shadowland to a bad dream. (Okay, I'm semi-joking about this). Make Reed Richards prove that there is, undoubtably, no way that the Sentry can EVER come back.   Reuinite the Avengers as one team, cancel 'New Avengers' like it SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELED.   I have more, lemme think... "
    We're not friends anymore. 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    We're not friends anymore.  "
    See what I said above. :p I heard X-23 is better than the other two claw-hounds. But then, I hadn't read any of her stuff. Forgive me for my error, oh huntress! 

Grovels
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    We're not friends anymore.  "
    See what I said above. :p I heard X-23 is better than the other two claw-hounds. But then, I hadn't read any of her stuff. Forgive me for my error, oh huntress! 

Grovels "
    You're judging but you've never even read anything with her in it? You should be groveling. ;) 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: i like it for the most part, i wouldnt fire bendis just keep him away from the major events and limit him to one book at a time (nothing Avengers related).  other than that younseem to have hit the proverbial nail on the head  storm fans are slowly eating away any love i had for the character, norman osborn pisses me off to no end and now that he's not the Green Goblin anymore he has no reason to exist, namor is a prick and red hulk is a gimmick who dosnt deserve to exist i mean who the hell wants to buy a book about Genereal freakin Ross every month. hank deserves his own series and who dosnt want a bigger peak into Dooms crazy noggin  i mean you with Sentry you can only make things better, and Eddie deserves an ongoing hopefully this one is better than the last one "
    Why thank you :)  The part in bold is especially lovely :D

@InnerVenom123 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: To be fair, Tony's redeeming himself.... Norman's just an a$$hole, and will always be an a$$hole.  xP Okay, I considered NOT putting X-23 on the kill list, but then, I just hate the claw powerset at this point. (Also, I'd like for Punisher to be the one that puts down Daken, while Hulk puts down Wolverine).   Oh, I forgot you were a Sentry fan.... if Jenkins wrote him, and Bendis had NO WAY of writing him, I'd be cool with him returning. :p "

Yeah, I think I'm being a bit harsh on Tony, it just annoyed me how everyone has basically forgotten all that he put them through. He's seriously lucky Pete didn't remember OMD, or he would have his throat full of webbing by now. I used to love Iron Man, but Civil War destroyed the character for me. Since Fraction's been with him, it's getting better, though.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @The Dark Huntress: Again, I was just going crazy with my hate for the clawhounds. >_> 

What is her best stuff in? :p I might give it a peek.

@FadeToBlackBolt:

They didn't forget, he did, to be fair. 

Fraction's run is aweesooomeeeeee. Loving every issue.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I would also kill the read hulk.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercy_
    @InnerVenom123: Target X is supposed to be awesome but it's out of print. I'd read Kyle and Yost's New X-Men run...which is also pretty much out of print and Kyle and Yost's X-Force run, which thankfully isn't. 
    mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrtrickster

get thanos back, make less x-men titles 
    stop publish stupid main events like shadowland and chaos war 
    kick bendis off the new avengers and reboot the new avengers
    lower the book's prices

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Thor's hammmer said:
    " I would also kill the read hulk. "
    After first, of course, locking him in a room with anyone who he beat with his stupid PIS-powers. After depowering him.

Basically, let each member of the Marvel U give Ross a good kick to the jaw. 

@The Dark Huntress said:
    " @InnerVenom123: Target X is supposed to be awesome but it's out of print. I'd read Kyle and Yost's New X-Men run...which is also pretty much out of print and Kyle and Yost's X-Force run, which thankfully isn't.  "

Yikes. Sounds like I'll be looking hard. :o
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mercy_
    @InnerVenom123: Just grab the X-Force trades. xD AWESOME series with amazing art. 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @The Dark Huntress: ON IT! 

Salutes
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mercy_
    @InnerVenom123: WOOHOO!
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    Daken and X-23 are good characters. Dun' see why they should be killed off.  

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
     Edited to remove Iron Man from list of to be killed. "
    Bolded is the only thing I disagree with. 

In all honesty, have some continuity for Doom. You have arcs where he's outsmarting cosmic powerhouses like the MoD, then getting outsmarted by T'challa, then building his own destroyer armor, then getting turned in to a fool by Sentry. Same for Dr. Strange. guy used to be grade A bad ass, and then he got turned in to a pansy by Bendis. 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Lance Uppercut: I've posted on this, I was just going on my hate for the clawhounds. I hear hit or miss with Daken, but everyone seems to just love X-23.
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darkcloakx

kill storm  and have bp move on with another woman. 
    give gambit  his own series 
    give blade & spitfire  a duo book like hawkeye & mockingbird have jason aaron write the book about blade & spitfire 
    give c-list & b-list characters more spotlight in books
    kill  magneto & mystique. 
    rogue take over for leader as the x-men 
    spidey gets back with mary jane & she's gets pregnant with his baby 

luke cage & iron fist each get their own solo books again written by jeff parker 

a big event only happens every five years in the marvel universe 
    red hulk and a-bomb dies. 

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @InnerVenom123: Wolverine, I can understand getting rid of. After this arc in hell, let him stay for awhile. Clearly they want Daken and X-23 to take up larger mantles in Marvel, so let them. Daken, I like mostly because he's the antithesis of Wolverine. Something suave, calm collected, with an obvious plan. Wolverine turned in to something people saw as a ruthless animal. Daken's the hannbial lecter type serial killer. X-23... I don't mind her, but I don't find her as interesting as Daken. 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Lance Uppercut said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
     Edited to remove Iron Man from list of to be killed. "
    Bolded is the only thing I disagree with.  In all honesty, have some continuity for Doom. You have arcs where he's outsmarting cosmic powerhouses like the MoD, then getting outsmarted by T'challa, then building his own destroyer armor, then getting turned in to a fool by Sentry. Same for Dr. Strange. guy used to be grade A bad ass, and then he got turned in to a pansy by Bendis.  "
    I agree, Doom is on par with Darkseid regarding inconsistency, which is a real shame because he is a phenomenal character. The problem with Dr Strange is that his powers basically allow him to do anything, so they tried to weaken him, unfortunately, he was weaked too much, and is now virtually useless. His decimation at the hands of the Hood was just embarassing.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mercy_
    @darkcloakx said:
    " rogue take over for leader 
    I love Rogue but that's not a good call. 
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By entropy_aegis

Kill quesada and bendis 
    Lower the mutant population 
    Make doom regain his status which was stolen by thanos.it should be doom with the gauntlet not some purple puss ripoff.
    Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jubilantlad

Limit the number of books Deadpool and Wolverine are in. 

Make a New X-Men book. 

Pixie get's her own series. 

Jubilee gets her powers back.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " Kill quesada and bendis Lower the mutant population Make doom regain his status which was stolen by thanos.it should be doom with the gauntlet not some purple puss ripoff. "
    Dude, couldn't agree more. I freaking hate Thanos.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    • Make sure Bucky stays being Captain America
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#31  Edited By Dracade102

Spider-man will undo all of his terrible new story arcs with the Infinity Gauntlet. 
    Roderick Kingsley never died. 
    Deadpool will be be limited to Two Mini-series. 
    Steve Rodgers will get his mantle as Captain America back. 
    Red Hulk will be destroyed. 
    Norman Osborn will assume his role as the Green Goblin, not another Lex Luthor. 
    Anti-Venom will get more limelight in the continuity. 
    Tony Stark will finally finish getting his Sh!t together. 
    Marvel Zombies will Return one last time. 
    There will only be one Hulk. No more rainbow of Hulks. 
    The Red Skull will get more appearances. 
    Doctor Doom will start becoming a useful character again. 
    "What If?" will become a regular event. 
    The Fantastic Four will start fighting their rogues regularly.  
    and The new Venom will not suck as bad as Gargan.

Blackreverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#32  Edited By Blackreverend

• Have The Blue Marvel die & give his powers to T'Challa who finds ways to use these powers to supe up his Black Panther persona)
    • End the Panther Cult in Wakanda & have a miniseries about the choice of a new one (Lion, White Gorilla, Crocodile) Bast the panther Goddess showed up when Vibranium did and should leave with it.
    • Have Shuri become the avatar of that God so there's only 1 BP & have her sanction a Secret Police to help facilitate her reign.
    • Get Storm pregnant with twins and have her die in labour or otherwise but her time is over.
    • Merge New and Avengers into one book and replace it with a team of global heroes to solve humanity's problems. With US Agent, Captain Britain, Red Guardian, a new Major Mapleleaf & led by the Black Panther (with Blue Marvel's powers he would have more time on his hands).
    • Make Wolverine an X-clusive character or leave him in hell. Either way he's way overused.
    • Have the Punisher put an end to Daken.
    • Sentry gets his own series in which he's mostly sane & fights a restored Norman Osborn
    • Norman Osborn takes over some city other than New York's underworld & empowers/hires a team of rogues/ goblins led by Jack O'Lantern.
    • Black Bolt returning & killing Thanos.
    • Red Hulk & A-bomb be killed.
    • Blade, Spitfire & a re-powered Jubilee get a ongoing series
    • Keep Bucky as Captain America & Steve Rogers as Super Soldier
    • Bring back the Runaways & The Young Avengers or mix them up & get them ongoing again.
    • Start a Raptors series about  Darkhawk's search for the now awaken raptors and him leading a team of them.
    Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thecheckeredman

WHAT WOULD I DO WITH/AT MARVEL?

First and foremost, let me state that I rarely read a hot-off-the-press monthly comic anymore.   I quit altogether in the middle of Secret Invasion for good.   What is occurring in the Big 2 companies with their never-ending crossovers, and increasing costs finally drove the last nail into the coffin for me.   I’m not 100% up to date on all the finer details about this character and that character but I do try and keep up on the latest news now and again to at least have a vague idea what the hell is going on.

That being said, here’s what I would personally do if I had free reign over the offices at MARVEL (and much of this would apply to DC as well).

·          Cut the # of issues published per month drastically.   The # of X-books published per month (back in the 90’s) was always a running joke but that joke isn’t funny anymore.   How many Spider-Man titles and tie-in/supporting books are there?   X-books?   Avengers?   Yeesh!   It’s a damn mess and it’s also sickening.   I honestly do not know what Avengers book I should even look for if I wanted to start reading them again.

·          The talent pool is spread too thin.   If there are 12 X-titles that were so-so, wouldn’t you rather MARVEL consolidate and put out 6 good titles or 4 great ones?   I would.

·          Character over-saturation.   People love to gripe about Wolverine being in almost every book and it sure feels true.   How does one guy have the time to be in like 24 superhero teams and still do his own thing and guest-star in other character’s titles too?   I have no idea, but it is ridiculous.

·          Cost.   The cost per issue is stupid silly.   I would NEVER pay $3.99 for a comic every month.   That’s $47.88 per year for just one title!   If you want to read the flagship titles FF, Avengers, X-Men, and Spider-Man each month at an average of $3.99/issue that’s $15.96 per month, which is $191.52 per year!   That’s just for those four titles and doesn’t include crossovers, mini-series, etc.   Yowsa!   That’s a lot of dough!   Comic book companies should look at the music industry as a great example of how bad things can get for them.   If comics weren’t such hot commodities for Hollywood where would these companies be?   I know the economy sucks but between the latest Fantastic Four or having food on the table or gas in the tank comics should be one of the first luxuries to go.

·          Allow a creative team time to grow a title.   In today’s comic book environment everything is set-up for 6-issue trades.   It never felt like a creative team is allowed to get on a book at really grow it.   Creators change like the wind and the lack of continuity from a creator stand-point really hurts the title IMHO.   What would have happened if Byrne or Claremont would have been booted off of Uncanny after 6 issues?   I don’t know but I’d rather we never find out.

·          The Old vs. the New.   I still love superhero comics, I just don’t love the ones being published now.   If I want to read Spider-Man I go for re-prints of the classics rather than try and muddle through the briars of current Spidey.   I may sound like a grumpy old fart, but I’m not alone.   You may totally dig current Spidey stuff and that’s cool too, but maybe MARVEL should try and please BOTH of its fan bases the traditionalists and the contemporaries.   As much as I like progressive works like Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns I don’t want every title I pick up to be a grim and gritty re-imagining of a character (I’m looking at you Speedball) where everyone scowls and is depressed all of the time.   I want Doc. Ock to show up for this issue with a new revenge scheme and Spidey confronts him while some timely personal problem looms over our hero at the same time.   24 pages, and done.   Next issue, it’s Mysterio.   Next issue after that, Electro.   I enjoy this for the same reason I hate seeing movies that are “based on a true story”...I don’t want a true story – I want escapism!   I don’t want my Spider-Man and Fantastic Four to be “real”.    That being said, it’s only fair that those who do like that stuff get it too.   Maybe MARVEL can have a “classics” imprint that either reprints old MARVEL titles issue by issue on cheap paper or at least keep a separate title away from current continuity like Busiek’s Untold Tales of Spider-Man that keeps the classic tone.

This is just a few brief points I had kicking around my melon.   Thanks.

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
    Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Avengers_4everXX

1) fire brian michael bendis and remove JRJR from Avengers
    2) have Matt Fraction write Avengers and either McKone or Cheung do art
    3) limit Wolverine to only X-Books(or just kill him)... kill Daken too
    4) get rid of every single hulk except the two originals: Hulk and She-Hulk
    5) limit characters to ONE AVENGERS BOOK ONLY
    6) demote spider man and spider woman to new avengers 
    7) promote Ms. Marvel, Mockingbird, and Hawkeye to main Avengers team(exclusively)
    *substitute for 5-6: cancel the atrocity that is New Avengers and put Thing on the main Avengers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online
    @Avengers_4everXX:
    why demote Spider-man?  and fraction on Avengers really? and mckone out of all the artists out there?
    GabrielNox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GabrielNox

Kill off every hero afraid of their own power.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jayskee

kill off daken cyclops and reed richards fire bendis quendra and who ever wrote mighty avengers bring back the west coast avengers put wolverine in the secret avengers and give hawkeye a ongoing oh yeah and kill off tigra
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online
    @jayskee:
    agreed except for every mighty avengers writer but thats only cause i didnt read it so i dont know how well slot did, and thank you so much Hawkeye needs a nice lengthy ongoing, their is so much awsomeness in his character but he never gets a chance to show it unless its in an avengers book. and im mad at tigra for getting busy with virtually every guy EXCEPT werewolf by night......thats just so wrong
    ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShadowX

I would. 
    Make three Avenger teams, then a fourth book led by captain Steve Rogers with new people every other issue(Give spotlight to other people)
    The Mighty  Avengers(world wide conflicts)
    Iron-Man
    Thor 
    Black Panther 
    Hank Pym 
    Spider-Woman 
    Captain America (Bucky) 
    Black Widow 
    Blue Marvel 
    Captain Britan 

the Great Avengers( Focuses on issues within the united states) 
    Luke Cage 
    Hawkeye 
    Mockingbird 
    Iron Fist 
    Spiderman 
    Ms. Marvel 
    Songbird 
    Beast  
    Wonderman 
    Dr.strange

The New Avengers (specifically New York City)
    Firestar
    Arana 
    Justice 
    Gravity
    Patriot 
    Hawkeye II 
    Stature 
    Vision 
    Hulkling 
    Wiccan 
    Speed 
    Speedball  
    iron-Lad

Make new x-men teams. Wolverine will only be on the X-force book, except for guest appearances.
    Deadpool will have one book, be on x-force, and then make cameos thats it.  
    Nightcrawler will come back not right away, though.  
    Sandman will become good and join Thunderbolts. 
    Skaar will get his own series.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By Larkin1388

I'd take Fraction off of Thor and put Gillen Back on

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

I have a small amount of interest with Marvel (I'm mainly a DC guy, but I do like their films, cartoon shows and a few books)....but I do have this insane WHAT IF story: The Punisher as President of the USA.
    "One Nation Under Punishment"

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online
    @AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge:
    not like he could do any worse than bush
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

Bump

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MadRooster81

I would Disassemble the Avengers. They are two big. Maybe two teams at the most.

Characters like Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Wolverine, Deadpool, Punisher and Spider-Man would continue with solo titles. Limiting them to guest appearance.

X-Men would cut back to 5 titles focusing on different teams.

Start a new title that focus on a character per story arc and then picks up on a new one. Kind of to introduce new characters or tell a story one one that doesn't have a solo tiles. Test out to the readers and see what sticks.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#45  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Here are some things I would do with Marvel:

1) Limit the number of events every year: Since there are so many events every year, there isn't enough time to develop the stories where they could just slide easily into whatever event Marvel has planned. There should be one event a year so that way the stories would have time to develop.

2) Stop assassinating the characters: This means that the characters should not be written so horribly to the point where fans just hate them because there isn't a logical reason for the characters to be written the way they are.

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MadRooster81

@Rabbitearsblog: I agree. Limiting the number of events will also make the events that much bigger. As it stands now, it's just seems like a cheap stunt they pull way too often.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @cjbostick81 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I agree. Limiting the number of events will also make the events that much bigger. As it stands now, it's just seems like a cheap stunt they pull way too often.

I agree. It seems like the events nowadays are just there to cause something in the comic books, not actually change anything.
    ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ARMIV2

I would also really put the brake down on their events. Seriously, how many do they have going on in a single year? Its nuts!

And that whole "Wolverine/Squirrel Girl" thing would be erased.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Redberry

Since Marvel is not part of Disney, Wolverine should wear a Mickey hat while fighting.

Hulk should wear a Donald Duck costume to blind his enemies.

Seriously though, I would give Young Avengers their own series, cut back on big events, and make deaths a bit more permanent so people would give a crap about the superheroes who died.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Redberry said:

Since Marvel is not part of Disney, Wolverine should wear a Mickey hat while fighting.

Hulk should wear a Donald Duck costume to blind his enemies.

Seriously though, I would give Young Avengers their own series, cut back on big events, and make deaths a bit more permanent so people would give a crap about the superheroes who died.

I agree.  It seems lately that deaths are becoming a joke since the characters will automatically come back to life again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.