Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Secret Wars Foreshadowing?

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Despite the fact that this may be pretty late in terms of recognition;

Since Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man is ending next month, I've decided to reread the entire Ultimate Spider-Man series starting from the beginning of the series. It's such an exciting read and I really hate to see it have to go. But I was reading Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #3 and there was this really odd panel featuring "Ms. Marvel".

No Caption Provided

The only reason I say it's an "odd panel" is because of how superfluous it felt. It'd be like getting introduced to Gwen Stacy in the 1960's and her mentioning something random like "My unlucky number is 121" just to see her die in Amazing Spider-Man #121, or Otto Octavius saying "One day I'll know what it feels like to walk in your shoes" to Spider-Man, just to see him become the Superior Spider-Man later on in his life. When the issue first came out, I kind of ignored it, thinking "Ms. Marvel" was just one of those "crazies", but now that the exact thing said in the panel is happening, I only wonder if this was foreshadowing Secret Wars. But, I don't really want to over think it. I just wanted to share this, and thought ( if it was a nod to Secret Wars ) it was pretty cool.

But if it is a nod to Secret Wars, I really hope that "We're all ******!" comment doesn't mean anything too severe.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahahahaha

Excellent

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.