Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

REVIEW: Secret Wars: Battleworld #1 is a bit STRANGE....

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MetaComix2

Hey guys!

It's been a really, really, really, really, long time since I've been on here, and seeing as how I can't remember the email account I used to use for Comic Vine, I created a brand spanking new account and plan on posting up regularly and engaging with the awesome community here.

That being said, let's get right down to business, shall we?

I've been pretty excited and happy with what Marvel has been doing the main Secret Wars event, so I decided to pick up a copy of Secret Wars: Battleworld #1 to see if it'd be any good.

Well, the short answer is....it wasn't.

Here's my review of this issue below, and be warned, there are MASSIVE spoilers.

So now that you know why I wasn't a big fan of this issue, what did you think about it? Have you been enjoying the Secret Wars event, or is it all just a big mess? Let me know what you think!

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think it is amazing actually. I usualy don't go for an event's tie-ins but so far I have read everything secret wars. I like the dark atmosphere to it. I like how they managed to smash all the unis together and imo it fits very well. It is well writen or understandable. There seems to be a secret rebelion coming and so on. Really love it. One of Marvel's best direction in a long time. I hope they won't just bring back things like theyvwere before after secret wars. Marvel is strong on the status quo and I think a clean up was due.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.