Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Reading Recommendation

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cloudzackvincent

i have been a DC reader for more than a decade now. i follow most of the DC books but i only read Marvel sporadically. Mainly some events. I have read Civil War, Planet Hulk, WWHulk, Chaos War, AvX, Fear Itself, Necrosha, Shadowland, Ultimatum. The most recent event I read was Black Vortex. Also i have read a couple of volumes of Elektra and Thor.

As i am cutting back on some DC books i would like to get into some regular Marvel books. I would like recommendations on a good starting point and some titles. My favorite Marvel Characters are Thor, Elektra and Captain Marvel. I like cosmic stories and also stories featuring the Hand.

thanks in advance

EDIT: recommendations for some events would be great too

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

• For cosmic stories, the usual big recommendation is Annihilation. If you like that, then read Annihilation Conquest, War of Kings, Realm of Kings and the Thanos Imperative. These hit both the cosmic and events part of your request.
    • Another event that might be of interest is Siege (ties into Thor and Asgard).
    • For Thor, Stracynski's run was pretty good (Thor vol. 3 1-12) as was the start of Aaron's run (Thor God of Thunder 1-12, 18).
    • Elektra volume 3, 1-5 were pretty good.
    • Which Captain Marvel do you lwant to read about? Monica, Mar-Vel, Genis, Nor-Varr, Carol, or Phyla?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Thor: God of Thunder - Jason Aaron

Elektra volume 3 - Haden Blackman

Captain Marvel has an ANAD series coming up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.