Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Over 500 STAR WARS Digital Comics Available on Marvel Unlimited

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel Unlimited is a great way to catch up on Marvel Comics. Now with the STAR WARS comics back at Marvel, you can have access to the previous comics if you're a subscriber to the service. Marvel has just announced the addition of over 500 STAR WARS comics to Marvel Unlimited. There's also a special offer to join for a limited time.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Unlimited is welcoming the Star Wars Legends universe of digital comic books into Marvel Unlimited and to celebrate this, for a limited time, Marvel Unlimited is offering new and returning subscribers their first month free. For the first month of a Marvel Unlimited monthly subscription, new and returning subscribers will be able to enjoy free access to over 500 Star Wars Legends digital comic books along with over 15,000 digital Marvel comics!*

Unlock a galaxy far, far away by using the Promo Code STAR WARS at Marvel Unlimited Checkout and prepare for some of the greatest Star Wars comics featuring Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Rogue Squadron, and many more! Marvel Unlimited is accessible on the web and through the Marvel Unlimited app on iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices.

New to the Star Wars and Marvel Universe and don’t know where to start? No need to worry! Marvel Unlimited subscribers have access to the DISCOVER section of Marvel Unlimited. Subscribersare now able to discover easy to follow avenues into the Star Wars and Marvel Universes by being able to search by their favorite storylines, characters or creators.

Additional Star Wars Legends digital comics will be added to Marvel Unlimited on a regular basis and beginning this summer, the next generation of Star Wars comics comes to Marvel Unlimited beginning with the critically acclaimed and record breaking Star Wars #1 by Jason Aaron and John Cassaday. With a Death Star-sized catalogue of Star Wars content now available in Marvel Unlimited, there is no doubt that the Force is strong with this deal!

*Offer valid 4/15/14 12:01 AM EST to 5/5/15 11:59 PM EST. Offer available only for new and former (now-cancelled) Marvel Unlimited members. Valid only on monthly Marvel Unlimited subscriptions only. Valid payment card required to redeem offer. Subsequent months billed at then-current monthly subscription fee (currently $9.99/month) unless and until cancelled. Cancel anytime through My Account following registration. Auto-renewal and other terms and conditions apply; please see Marvel Unlimited Terms of Use for terms and Marvel.com/Unlimited for further details.

EDIT

It seems all of the issues currently are not loading. Perhaps it's a Jedi test of patience as they make their way over.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Been really contemplating getting marvel unlimited and just going all digital for marvel stuff, so much marvel stuff I want to read but can't afford and I don't think I would mind being 6 months behind the current stuff, but I haven't really messed around with the app all that much, will try this and see how I like it.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Seems like a good deal. It's just like the WWE network who offers free months all the time. And with the option to cancel before the auto-renew kicks in you can try it out without committing any money.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@scrappydont27: I got the Marvel Unlimited app and it has been great. You might end up being 6 months behind but you can still read thousands comics free.

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have marvel unlimited alread. Most of the time i LOVE it but... Just a heads up that some of the star wars issues arent loading right at the moment. checking out Legacy vol 2 issue 1 and only getting the cover page atm, in fairness a few minutes ago I didn't get anything so this is likely just a temp issue. Though a few backlog issues of other series have failed to load for me for months though (example: Spider-Woman vol 1 issue 10).

I found that some times marvel unlimited fails to load issues right, most of the time it can be solved by exiting the issue and reloading it... the ones above aren't working with that trick though. Hence the warning.

Oh, also of note the issues of star wars I can only find under just arrived this week, they're not listed under browse atm.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, might not have noticed if not for this post so thanks! Just added a ton of star wars to my read list.

OptimucCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just recently subscribed to Marvel Unlimited. I'll definitely check out some Star Wars books.

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Now I just need a list of what series are worth reading. I have never done EU stuff so this is pretty overwhelming

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sasquatch888

so just to be clear marvel is putting the darkhorse starwars catalog on their marvel unlimited app?

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@kgb725: yeah probably going to test it out this month don't really mind being behind if it save some $ and I still get to read comics

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Marvel digital subscription. Its really worth the money for all the old comics they have. Im reading through some amazing older runs. Ive always wanted to check out Roy Thomas run on Star Wars

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so just to be clear marvel is putting the darkhorse starwars catalog on their marvel unlimited app?

Prolly just the old Marvel Star Wars comics.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Whisper_

Oh noooooooooooo

I let my Unlimited subscription lapse because I'd read almost all of what I'd wanted from the back catalog and I just didn't have the time anymore for tons and tons of reading (plus I really disliked how they changed the interface), but this may pull me back into renewing.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Marvel seems to own the distribution rights for everything Star Wars Comics related as they're printing up Omnibuses for a bunch of the Dark Horse Star Wars comics.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a suggestion, but I'd recommend canceling your Marvel Unlimited subscription right after you subscribe so you don't get billed for a new month at the end of this one. Back in February I wanted to try MU out for just a month and forgot to Confirm that I wanted to cancel my subscription so I got billed for a month that I thought I didn't even have.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

This deal keeps getting better all the time!

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

>:@ ROAR!!! Is this promo available in Canada? I can't get it to woooooork!!! :,(

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Couple of days into this deal, it's pretty awesome, there are an absolute butt-load of comics I want to read but couldn't afford to buy.

One downside I've noticed, is that the app can be pretty buggy at times, and reloading or exiting/restarting the app doesn't always help. It just eventually sorts itself out, but can be pretty annoying when you're trying to read stuff and your saved library disappears for half an hour.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.