Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

new and need help!

saintzes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay so I just started watching the marvel movies recently and i'm about to finish phase 2 and watch the civil war..but I've grown so into it I decided I want to start the comics..where the confusing part comes along lol.I have no idea what universes mean or the whole concept of a multiuniverse is..I don't understand spin offs and reboots etc and how the same character would have a different personality and fate/ storyline in a different universe. I do really wanna start the comics but I don't even know what a volume or issue is at all, my case is literally dead cause I have no idea about this all but I'm really passionate to start. I'm also trying to read them online since where i live they barely sell any comics.

Iron_Man_626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Iron_Man_626

Hey,

First I would recommend drawing a metaphorical line between the Comic Books and Films as they are both separate universe, unless its a prelude or a prologue to the films, it tends to not connect. In terms of where to start for comic books, The Marvel Universe is so large and at times can be confusing I recently red a story arc which confused me, it turns out I had not read another story arc, which caused the confusion. So I would recommend choosing your favourite character and buy a graphic novel of them to start of, you can pick up Marvel Platinum Definitive Editions of graphic novels on Amazon, I have Iron Man Reloaded (292 pages) which features a selection of issues writen by Stan Lee and other writers, giving a wide range of characters and story. I eventually want to pick up the Daredevil edition, cause I recently started liking Daredevil.

I started reading a Panni published Avengers comic book which is released in the Uk and features 3 story arcs each month, it might be worth looking into that!

Hope This Helps!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.